Shedrick Jackson returning for 5th season

SRBautigerfan

Huge news! Grew into a very productive receiver this past season. Excited for his leadership and performance next season. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not excited about this one

Why not?

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Why not?

Shed a little meh.

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Shed a little meh.

I know he’s not a game changer, but 40 catches and 500 yards is solid production. My take is with our current roster, better to have him than not. Still hoping for a top WR from the portal. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I know he’s not a game changer, but 40 catches and 500 yards is solid production. My take is with our current roster, better to have him than not. Still hoping for a top WR from the portal. 

Straight facts, I was watching the WarRapport break down the Houston game film last night and Shed did something that was just terrible, and Ike opined he would be glad to not see anymore of Shed next year...  I will have to go look after class/work.

Glad he is returning.  Hopefully there will be enough talent in the room that he has to up his game to see the field.  Doesn’t hurt to have him around for next year.  

I’m glad to have him back for two, no three, reasons:

1. He has more to learn and he will have the opportunity to get better with another year.  
2. We are a little thin now, with Kobe gone.  
3. He’s an Auburn man, through and through. 😁 Added that for some of you guys.  😉

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Didba said:

Straight facts, I was watching the WarRapport break down the Houston game film last night and Shed did something that was just terrible, and Ike opined he would be glad to not see anymore of Shed next year...  I will have to go look after class/work.

He needs to shift into an possession type WR.  Seems his hands got a little better.  I don't think he needs to stay our starting outside WR.  Hopefully some young guys pass him

52 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He needs to shift into an possession type WR.  Seems his hands got a little better.  I don't think he needs to stay our starting outside WR.  Hopefully some young guys pass him

By the end of the season, I didn't cringe every time the ball was thrown his way. He actually made some very good catches. Hopefully he has reached to point where he can be considered reliable. There were some pretty ugly drops early on. Maybe we are turning the corner in that department.

• Like 2

In reality the guy was only a full time receiver for one year. Hope he makes the leap from year one to two. Glad to have the experience!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

By the end of the season, I didn't cringe every time the ball was thrown his way. He actually made some very good catches. Hopefully he has reached to point where he can be considered reliable. There were some pretty ugly drops early on. Maybe we are turning the corner in that department.

Shed was our best possession and contested ball WR. No, he doesn't need to be the outside guy bc he doesn't possess the speed or the apex leaping ability that position needs. He did get a lot better in catching almost anything near him. He reminds me of JuJu Smith w the Steelers and how he is used as a bigger body inside and for that tough 4-6 yards you need.

He also will be the veteran in the room for sure, and can help with the younger WRs coming in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I think it was nerves as most of his drops were in the beginning of the season.  He will be a good safety valve for the QB as he will be where he is suppose to be at all times next season.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Rotational slot guy needs to be his role. Does not need to see more than 40 or 50% of snaps.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 1:55 PM, cole256 said:

I'm not excited about this one

I’m with you on this one. I love Jackson’s work ethic, teamwork, toughness and talent but not a fan of the extra eligibility. Also think he’s a victim of my beloved Gus’ blocking receiver position