Supreme Court Covid vaccine mandate hearing exposes Biden administration overreach

bigbird

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

It is interesting that they have upheld state mandates over and over, while being more critical of the process at the Federal level.

Are the states trying to use their equivalent of a government alphabet agency to do an end run to impose a "temporary" standard, as opposed to using the legislative process? 

Hopefully the Court will do the right thing and slap this down. 

I wish someone would ask why the USPS is exempt from the current OSHA ETS...seems like they employ well over 100 people.

• Like 3

Ilya's right.

The OSHA mandate will likely not survive. The CMS one, the one which I operate under, should. 

5 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

I wish someone would ask why the USPS is exempt from the current OSHA ETS...seems like they employ well over 100 people

It’s the same reason the teachers unions are holding kids hostage in some areas; the unions must be served under the Biden Administration.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

The Supreme Court on Thursday blocked the Biden administration from enforcing its sweeping vaccine-or-test requirements for large private companies, but allowed a vaccine mandate to stand for medical facilities that take Medicare or Medicaid payments.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/13/supreme-court-ruling-biden-covid-vaccine-mandates.html

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2022 at 6:37 AM, SLAG-91 said:

Are the states trying to use their equivalent of a government alphabet agency to do an end run to impose a "temporary" standard, as opposed to using the legislative process? 

I don't think states are using a legislative process either.  As far as I know, it's all been done by executive orders.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:25 PM, I_M4_AU said:

The Supreme Court on Thursday blocked the Biden administration from enforcing its sweeping vaccine-or-test requirements for large private companies, but allowed a vaccine mandate to stand for medical facilities that take Medicare or Medicaid payments.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/13/supreme-court-ruling-biden-covid-vaccine-mandates.html

The mandate for medical facilities that take Medicare or Medicaid is such a crock of political garbage. This way the administration can say that they aren't forcing anyone to get a vaccine. It is the medical facilities that are mandating it. If the Biden administration truly believed that the vaccine was so great then they could mandate it for everyone who receives Medicare or Medicaid benefits. Why won't they do this? Because they don't want to lose votes. It is not about saving lives at all.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

The mandate for medical facilities that take Medicare or Medicaid is such a crock of political garbage. This way the administration can say that they aren't forcing anyone to get a vaccine. It is the medical facilities that are mandating it. If the Biden administration truly believed that the vaccine was so great then they could mandate it for everyone who receives Medicare or Medicaid benefits. Why won't they do this? Because they don't want to lose votes. It is not about saving lives at all.

Thank God the last 3 Justices that have been appointed are from a Republican President.

• Like 1

Upheld vaccine mandate email just went out company wide. The attachments were a Q&A, the actual policy, and two exemption request forms, religious and medical. 

Only bitching in my office so far is why anyone would get a religious belief exemption if everybody can't just say they don't believe in vaccines regardless of religion. With which I of course agree.

I'll let y'all know if I get a feel for how many become vaccinated coworkers vs how many become former coworkers. I'll be ordering the large popcorn. 

I guess folks better be "up to date" now. Like a gotdamned patch for your computer or something..."Your operating system is out of date." Give 'em 6 months and you may be able to add a 4th (or 5th? It's starting to run together.)

Starting to sound like...a flu shot? I think it's starting to sound like a flu shot...

Who saw this coming? Well, lots of us.

Thanks, Rochelle. Mother Nature updated me, though. I'm good.

Edited by SLAG-91
  • Facepalm 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And this is why we have to have mandates. 

Vaxxed or unvaxxed the aide could easily be infected and contagious.  It is sad for your father but forcing anyone to be vaxxed is not a guarantee at all. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Just wait til they get that 11th booster, that will be the sweet spot.  I promise….

Yes, and?

Are you similarly irresponsible and emotional about flu shots?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, and?

Are you similarly irresponsible and emotional about flu shots?

Point to the recent stats on transmission involving vaxxed and get back to us on the irresponsible comment🤣

2 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Point to the recent stats on transmission involving vaxxed and get back to us on the irresponsible comment🤣

Deflection expected, deflection received.

You're a dependable lot, if nothing else. 

Lol - I asked for data to support your assertion of being irresponsible.  If a car dealer runs a credit check before giving you a loan, is that deflecting?

or maybe it’s just a preliminary check to see if you’re qualified to even be in the discussion 

On 2/2/2022 at 11:31 AM, pensacolatiger said:

it’s just a preliminary check to see if you’re qualified to even be in the discussion 

I'll do you the kindness of dignifying this with a response. You seem in need of being lifted up by those around you. Others have clearly failed, so I will effort to succeed in their stead. I am not optimistic that I will. 

I work in a very large regional hospital and we have weekly meetings in my department where we discuss COVID numbers and vaccines. I had drinks recently with ICU nurses at the hospital's CIO's house. His wife is in a leadership position in the ICU. I have a very good grasp on our numbers are and what they are for the very large geographic region we serve. I am regularly tasked with helping to mitigate and develop workarounds for staffing shortages due to COVID-positive nurses. I, along with my coworkers, have been urged repeatedly by hospital leadership since a vaccine became available to get the vaccine. Of course, they needed not ask me twice, because I am not an idiot. I'm quite grateful that I was among the first to receive all three rounds of the Pfizer vaccine. 

I'm qualified beyond that to participate in this discussion. I have posted more on the subject than you have posted on this site at all. But there's some low hanging fruit that even you can grab hold of. 

Now maybe you'll just answer my question. Do you also forego and even mock flu shots? Do you have a legitimate reason to mock regular booster shots for COVID? 

Edited by TitanTiger
removed personal shots
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok - go ahead w/ the numbers.  I’m waiting to hear about reduced transmission by vaccinated because……..well, it’s false.  Want to see into the future?  Take a look at British Health Services recent decisions regarding vaccines, mandates, etc.  

I have no problem with anyone getting vaccinated, I’m glad it makes you feel safer.  But to criticize people that aren’t vaccinated who responsibly laid low while vaccinated attended what super spreader events they deemed entertaining, well that’s just stupid.  But drum on w/ the irresponsible narrative, you do you

i don’t think I’ve ever had a flu shot.  I’m not against people getting them.  I didn’t get a covid shot, not because I think they are evil, but because I have a genetic risk that’s more risky than covid it’s self.  

Edited by TitanTiger

19 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Ok - go ahead w/ the numbers.

They're the same as all the other numbers you're ignoring, so, no.

I’m waiting to hear about reduced transmission by vaccinated because……..well, it’s false.  

Ok - go ahead w/ the numbers. And be sure to cite your sources. 

Want to see into the future?  

Lol hell no. Had you asked me 8 years ago, maybe.

Take a look at British Health Services recent decisions regarding vaccines, mandates, etc.  

Nah. I don't need to go chasing the info that satisfies my preexisting notions across the pond. Plenty of info right here in the states. Not that it matters that much. My family is and will stay as vaxxed as possible as quickly as possible.

I have no problem with anyone getting vaccinated

Why would you say that? Like, why even type those words? What is that supposed to communicate? On what planet could anyone possibly have a reason to judge someone else for getting vaccinated? Did you really just try to elevate yourself by saying this?

I’m glad it makes you feel safer.  

Yeah, things that are statistically shown to actually make me safer, like seatbelts, also make me feel safer. Kind of a win win. 

But to criticize people that aren’t vaccinated who responsibly laid low while vaccinated attended what super spreader events they deemed entertaining, well that’s just stupid.  But drum on w/ the irresponsible narrative, you do you

So only vaccinated people attended super spreader events?

Can you point to significant spread from events attended only by vaccinated people? For example, I went to a Jason Isbell concert in the fall where everyone had to be vaccinated or show a negative test result within the last 24 hours. It was awesome. I'm not aware of any significant spread from that event. Do you have data suggesting otherwise?

i don’t think I’ve ever had a flu shot.  I’m not against people getting them.  

I'm not surprised, and I'm still not impressed or otherwise moved in any way by you not being against other people getting them. Only wondering just why in the hell you keep saying that, as though it somehow ranks as even remotely virtuous. 

I didn’t get a covid shot, not because I think they are evil, but because I have a genetic risk that’s more risky than covid it’s self.  

I don't believe that you have sound scientific or medical data that says so. It's clear that your anti-vax motivations go far beyond that. Unless you're actually dumb enough to think that judgment of anti-vax sentiment requires the "except for those with conditions that make vaccination a greater risk than COVID" asterisk in each and every conversation and post. Of COURSE the extremely small percentage of those for whom vaccination is a legitimate risk are excluded. Because the entire premise of having common sense with regards to public health is that we want what's safest for all. 

Edited by TitanTiger