This kind of organized propaganda has to stop. Lies won't accomplish anything.

AU9377

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

Paaaalease! This is a fruit cake any way you want to slice it. Let it live how it wants. I support it’s right to s*** in any public restroom it pleases. This interview is where the story should have ended. Misery loves company. He wants affirmation from children by having them join his club of no return. He doesn’t care about protecting children and just confirmed it. This is as unqualifying as it gets. He was seeked out for his uniqueness ( and not good uniqueness) not qualifications. You can’t defend this. 

I have no clue what you are ranting about, but it doesn't answer my question. 

Factually, Rachel Levine has a very solid education and work background for the position she was confirmed for. 

I'll ask again, other than you not liking trans people, how is she not qualified? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'll ask again, other than you not liking trans people, how is she not qualified? 

Character should still matter.

The health official responsible for overseeing nursing homes in Pennsylvania — where nearly 70 percent of the state’s coronavirus-related deaths have occurred — has reportedly moved her elderly mother out of a facility as deaths skyrocketed.

Health Secretary Dr. Rachel ­Levine said Tuesday that her 95-year-old mother requested to be moved out of a personal-care home, the ABC affiliate in Harrisburg ­reported.

“My mother requested, and my sister and I as her children complied, to move her to another location during the COVID-19 outbreak,” said Levine, ­according to ABC27.

“My mother is 95 years old. She is very intelligent and more than competent to make her own decisions,” Levine added.

After criticism from some state lawmakers for the move, Levine argued she’s working to ensure the health and safety of all state residents, according to the report.

In March, Levine ordered long-term care facilities in the state to continue to accept coronavirus patients who had been discharged from hospitals but un­able to return to their homes, the Bucks County Courier Times reported.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/pennsylvania-health-official-moved-mother-from-nursing-home/

Anybody that panics and puts coronavirus patients back in nursing homes, but then, two months later, makes provision for her own mother to leave those facilities is an elitist.  This behavior is typical for politicians they should not be for health care officials.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Character should still matter.

The health official responsible for overseeing nursing homes in Pennsylvania — where nearly 70 percent of the state’s coronavirus-related deaths have occurred — has reportedly moved her elderly mother out of a facility as deaths skyrocketed.

Health Secretary Dr. Rachel ­Levine said Tuesday that her 95-year-old mother requested to be moved out of a personal-care home, the ABC affiliate in Harrisburg ­reported.

“My mother requested, and my sister and I as her children complied, to move her to another location during the COVID-19 outbreak,” said Levine, ­according to ABC27.

“My mother is 95 years old. She is very intelligent and more than competent to make her own decisions,” Levine added.

After criticism from some state lawmakers for the move, Levine argued she’s working to ensure the health and safety of all state residents, according to the report.

In March, Levine ordered long-term care facilities in the state to continue to accept coronavirus patients who had been discharged from hospitals but un­able to return to their homes, the Bucks County Courier Times reported.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/13/pennsylvania-health-official-moved-mother-from-nursing-home/

Anybody that panics and puts coronavirus patients back in nursing homes, but then, two months later, makes provision for her own mother to leave those facilities is an elitist.  This behavior is typical for politicians they should not be for health care officials.

Ok, well I do commend you for actually giving an answer with a source. I would bet real money that alexava never had any idea what her background or qualifications were and was just spouting right wing anti-trans nonsense. 

As for this then i don't think this is proof of anything about her character or fitness. Nursing and assisted living homes have been major spreaders of covid all over the country and unforntautly when a elderly person is discharged from the hospital and can't live independently and doesn't have any family to take them in then these care centers are usually the only places equipped to take care of them. 

You're acting as if there were other options for thousands of elders to go outside of the normal elder care system to be taken care of. Her wanting to move her mother out is not proof of anything....elder centers in the middle of a pandemic are dangerous even in the best of situations. If you have the ability and resources to have your family member taken somewhere possibly safer then most people would take that option. 

So unless we have something that shows Dr. Levine is under some kind of investigation for wrongdoing then I don't see how this one incident makes her unqualified for office. 

The fact that Republicans will elect a guy like Trump for President then complain that a transgender woman doesn't have the "character" to serve as assistant health secretary because she took her own mother out of a elder care center is rich beyond words. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You're acting as if there were other options for thousands of elders to go outside of the normal elder care system to be taken care of.

Florida has been mass-transferring residents with coronavirus out of nursing homes with outbreaks and into local hospitals since Sunday, regardless of whether they show signs of the virus.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-coronavirus-nursing-homes-mass-transfers-20200513-vdpc2txp7jeztepngt3dsk3eve-story.html

This article was from May 13, 2020 about the same time Rachel transferred her mother to her sister’s home.  The northern states under Democratic rule followed Gov. Cuomo’s rule of putting the elderly back in nursing homes with covid.

11 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So unless we have something that shows Dr. Levine is under some kind of investigation for wrongdoing then I don't see how this one incident makes her unqualified for office. 

Cuomo killed thousands of elderly in NY and he was never under investigation for wrongdoing for that horrific act.  He’s a Democrat and Rachel is from a Democratic run state.  There will be no investigation.

13 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The fact that Republicans will elect a guy like Trump for President then complain that a transgender woman doesn't have the "character" to serve as assistant health secretary because she took her own mother out of a elder care center is rich beyond words. 

This statement is the reason some on here dislike what-aboutisms.  Trump and his character has nothing to do with Rachel and her character.  The difference is, however, Trump was elected and, therefore, can and was voted out because of his character.  Rachel was appointed even though she exhibited bad character and can not be voted out.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Cuomo killed thousands of elderly in NY and he was never under investigation for wrongdoing for that horrific act.  He’s a Democrat and Rachel is from a Democratic run state.  There will be no investigation.

Cuomo was officially investigated. There wasn't any charges filed but it was looked at.  

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cuomo-charged-covid-nursing-home-deaths-manhattan-da/story?id=82055278

This statement is the reason some on here dislike what-aboutisms.  Trump and his character has nothing to do with Rachel and her character.

It just seems she is under vastly more scrutiny than a majority of other politicians or appointees in similar or higher positions would be. if she never transitioned and still identified as a straight man then I don't believe most Republicans would even know about or care about this appointment. Tucker Carlson certainly wouldn't have gone on his transphobic rant on national tv about her. 

The difference is, however, Trump was elected and, therefore, can and was voted out because of his character.  Rachel was appointed even though she exhibited bad character and can not be voted out.

Rachel was voted in by the Senate, who are representatives of the people. 

And I guess we can agree to disagree. Taking her mother out of a nursing home and into the care of her sisters is not bad character. The implication of wrongdoing on her part only comes from Republicans and tabloid publications  There is no real evidence that says she's done anything wrong in the line of her duties. 

If that changes in the future then ill reassess,.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Rachel was voted in by the Senate, who are representatives of the people. 

Not the same thing.  Can she be removed as easily as she was *voted* in?

The rest can be agree to disagree.

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not the same thing.  Can she be removed as easily as she was *voted* in?

Yes, getting confirmed by a majority of the senate is harder. She can be easily removed at any time by the President, and is on a nominal 4 year term otherwise. 

She can be removed far easier than any sitting US president can. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Ok, well I do commend you for actually giving an answer with a source. I would bet real money that alexava never had any idea what her background or qualifications were and was just spouting right wing anti-trans nonsense. 

As for this then i don't think this is proof of anything about her character or fitness. Nursing and assisted living homes have been major spreaders of covid all over the country and unforntautly when a elderly person is discharged from the hospital and can't live independently and doesn't have any family to take them in then these care centers are usually the only places equipped to take care of them. 

You're acting as if there were other options for thousands of elders to go outside of the normal elder care system to be taken care of. Her wanting to move her mother out is not proof of anything....elder centers in the middle of a pandemic are dangerous even in the best of situations. If you have the ability and resources to have your family member taken somewhere possibly safer then most people would take that option. 

I posted a video where a fruit cake did not take a teed up opportunity to vow to protect CHILDREN from devastating, life changing mistake that the senator had statistics on. He refused to answer the question. That’s a character flaw far worse than any other nominee had come up. I don’t hate trannies. Idgaf about them. I wish them happiness. But they are not the bastion of courage like the left tries to promote. They are confused at best and should not be in a position to make public policy suggestions in HEALTH CARE !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Now we have Biden vowing to pick a black woman for the Supreme Court. How is this going over with the left? Isn’t choosing any appointments based on race, racism? Shouldn’t that be demeaning to everyone?  Even black women? He eliminated over 93% of the population and probably a much higher percentage of people who are qualified for the position. But hey, if you are happy with Kamala and Mr. Levine… 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

You always know you’re on the right track when you get a face slap from ichy. 

Yep. You will have a few stirred up now. Of course I am with you. Never could see why it was a must that Biden’s VP be a “woman of color”. According to some nothing but a dog and pony show to ensure votes from a segment. Never heard of Levine until your post. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep. You will have a few stirred up now. Of course I am with you. Never could see why it was a must that Biden’s VP be a “woman of color”. According to some nothing but a dog and pony show to ensure votes from a segment. Never heard of Levine until your post. 

Seriously? Did you watch the video? He has had a few videos posted and is equally impressive! Lol. I think you know, I’m not against any race or demographic for a position. If people really want Equality of opportunity, you can’t declare that you are going to appoint a particular color and gender.( And by appointing Levine, you are saying gender doesn’t matter for s*** anyway)He is not only cheapening the position, he’s devaluing the person by putting a label on them. 

• Dislike 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:52 AM, homersapien said:

Maybe not, but all bumbling idiots are Trump supporters.

And lets not forget, a majority of the Republican party believes the election was stolen.  The Republican Party has gone crazy.

The Democrat Party has been crazy for 20 years. What’s your point?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

The Democrat Party has been crazy for 20 years. What’s your point?

I don’t qualify to say how long the party has been crazy….. but they spent about 3 years  and several million dollars investigating Trump on charges they knew were  completely fabricated. On ELECTION MEDDLING. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

What difference does it make if a black female justice rules according to her party lines vs. any other race male/female/non-binary making the same ruling? We all know the appointment is not about finding the most qualified person.

8 minutes ago, Grumps said:

What difference does it make if a black female justice rules according to her party lines vs. any other race male/female/non-binary making the same ruling? We all know the appointment is not about finding the most qualified person.

It doesn’t matter. That’s why you thank the retired Justice and assure all Americans you will be diligently seeking a replacement who has experience, wisdom and integrity to uphold the constitution. Then you actually interview some and pick the best. If that person is a black woman, then she can be proud of such an accomplishment. Maybe black people or women are proud too. Announcing its going to be a black woman, is a virtue signaling that he is using to make himself feel better.

Imagine if Bush had told Condileeza Rice he was offering her the National Security Advisor position because he just felt it should be a black woman? She likely would have told him to **** off. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, alexava said:

It doesn’t matter. That’s why you thank the retired Justice and assure all Americans you will be diligently seeking a replacement who has experience, wisdom and integrity to uphold the constitution. Then you actually interview some and pick the best. If that person is a black woman, then she can be proud of such an accomplishment. Maybe black people or women are proud too. Announcing its going to be a black woman, is a virtue signaling that he is using to make himself feel better.

Imagine if Bush had told Condileeza Rice he was offering her the National Security Advisor position because he just felt it should be a black woman? She likely would have told him to **** off. 

First, I was being slightly sarcastic in my post because it seems very rare that a SC justice appointed by a democrat POTUS rules in a way that the democrat party disagree with. I have no reason to think that the next appointee will be any different, whatever her skin color.

Second, you make a REALLY good point. I had not thought that the way Biden is doing this will be demeaning to his nominee. She will know that, at best, she is the best black woman he could find and, at worst, she was the best choice for his political aspirations and nothing more. If he and his team had any sense, they would announce it EXACTLY like you said, knowing that they will still end up selecting a black woman. At least that would give the appearance of giving a rip about her feelings.

Thanks for that!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, alexava said:

Seriously? Did you watch the video? He has had a few videos posted and is equally impressive! Lol. I think you know, I’m not against any race or demographic for a position. If people really want Equality of opportunity, you can’t declare that you are going to appoint a particular color and gender.( And by appointing Levine, you are saying gender doesn’t matter for s*** anyway)He is not only cheapening the position, he’s devaluing the person by putting a label on them. 

Did not see a video link in this thread? Feel certain that you harbor no ill feelings against a race or demographic for a position.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Did not see a video link in this thread? Feel certain that you harbor no ill feelings against a race or demographic for a position.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Love Rand Paul.  He is hard hitting and it is amazing to me people will not answer his questions as Rachel Levine did here.  If she/he answered with truth and the whole truth she/he may not have been confirmed.  She/he is a cancer.

ETA:  if mature adults want to indulge in making their bodies the way they feel, that is their choice, but leave the kids alone so they can make that decision as mature adults.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Love Rand Paul.  He is hard hitting and it is amazing to me people will not answer his questions as Rachel Levine did here.  If she/he answered with truth and the whole truth she/he may not have been confirmed.  She/he is a cancer.

ETA:  if mature adults want to indulge in making their bodies the way they feel, that is their choice, but leave the kids alone so they can make that decision as mature adults.

Children can’t (thankfully so) consent to engaging in sexual activity, by law. You would have to be a sick person to even consider letting them consent to permanently damaging procedures based on sexual identity. Yet this guy refused to answer...but as the woke will attest, he has the education to be qualified for the position. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

Children can’t (thankfully so) consent to engaging in sexual activity, by law. You would have to be a sick person to even consider letting them consent to permanently damaging procedures based on sexual identity. Yet this guy refused to answer...but as the woke will attest, he has the education to be qualified for the position. 

The answer she/he said was, (paraphrased) Transgenderism is a complicated issue filled with many nuances and I will be glad to discuss it with you once I’m confirmed.

What a woman/man of character.  Afraid to tell what she/he really feels until after the confirmation process.  This is what political correct speech has gotten us.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1