This should be a wake up call for Democrats

TexasTiger

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The problems he mentioned were fairy tales.  They weren't real and never were.  I'm not in favor or prosecuting the man over the phone call, but it does show an incredible lack of judgment and awareness of how things work on his part. Nothing is more distorted and uninformed more than his attack on the Dominion voting systems.  The Georgia Republican legislature pushed through, with an enormous cost to local governments, those systems prior to the 2020 election. Not only are the systems secure, but they literally print a paper ballot for each voter to review before placing it into a third collection machine inside the voting precinct.

In that call, Trump mentioned dead people voting. The state found 2 valid claims and those were both instances where a family member filled out the absentee ballot that had been sent to the home pursuant to a valid request before the voter had died.  Had the voter sent in their absentee ballot and subsequently died before the election day, the vote would be a valid vote.  Trump's false allegations have caused an incredible amount of harm to our system.  Without some degree of trust, the entire system will fail and we will find ourselves looking more like Russia and less like the America we have been in the past.

Election supervisors all over the state have had right wing nut jobs coming into their office demanding to see their ballot showing that their vote counted.  That is impossible to provide and also impossible to get them to understand.  Our system depends on the idea of a secret ballot.  Vote for who or what you want without the threat of reprisal.

I admire you for trying, but I'm just going to let you know you're wasting your time with him. 

He is 1000%, without a doubt certain that the election was stolen from Trump, and he 's shown on this forum that he believes anything and everything he reads off of far right wing websites....even things that have been already proven false elsewhere. He says 'statistics' prove that Biden didn't get as many votes as he got and that the election was rigged. He says anyone who doesn't believe him doesn't understand 'statistics' and listens too much to CNN and NPR. 

Don't ask for any evidence because he's not going to provide any except every now and then he'll give a link to a right website he dug up from page 25 of Google search results that nobody has ever heard of and that makes accusations without any sources or backing. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The problems he mentioned were fairy tales.  They weren't real and never were.  I'm not in favor or prosecuting the man over the phone call, but it does show an incredible lack of judgment and awareness of how things work on his part. Nothing is more distorted and uninformed more than his attack on the Dominion voting systems.  The Georgia Republican legislature pushed through, with an enormous cost to local governments, those systems prior to the 2020 election. Not only are the systems secure, but they literally print a paper ballot for each voter to review before placing it into a third collection machine inside the voting precinct.

In that call, Trump mentioned dead people voting. The state found 2 valid claims and those were both instances where a family member filled out the absentee ballot that had been sent to the home pursuant to a valid request before the voter had died.  Had the voter sent in their absentee ballot and subsequently died before the election day, the vote would be a valid vote.  Trump's false allegations have caused an incredible amount of harm to our system.  Without some degree of trust, the entire system will fail and we will find ourselves looking more like Russia and less like the America we have been in the past.

Election supervisors all over the state have had right wing nut jobs coming into their office demanding to see their ballot showing that their vote counted.  That is impossible to provide and also impossible to get them to understand.  Our system depends on the idea of a secret ballot.  Vote for who or what you want without the threat of reprisal.

I don’t fault you for your take, but the “no widespread fraud” take is incredibly naive (not putting you in that camp).

the table in this article was taken directly from GA data, 100k illegal votes.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/02/exclusive-ga-sec-state-raffensperger-team-promised-president-trump-address-auditor-bryan-geelss-97000-ballot-issues-never-instead-gave-pieces-call-media/

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I admire you for trying, but I'm just going to let you know you're wasting your time with him. 

He is 1000%, without a doubt certain that the election was stolen from Trump, and he 's shown on this forum that he believes anything and everything he reads off of far right wing websites....even things that have been already proven false elsewhere. He says 'statistics' prove that Biden didn't get as many votes as he got and that the election was rigged. He says anyone who doesn't believe him doesn't understand 'statistics' and listens too much to CNN and NPR. 

Don't ask for any evidence because he's not going to provide any except every now and then he'll give a link to a right website he dug up from page 25 of Google search results that nobody has ever heard of and that makes accusations without any sources or backing. 

Don’t read a word I typed, I don’t mind.  But do take a moment to educate yourself by reviewing the GA data summarized in a table for you in the link

• Dislike 1

On 2/17/2022 at 9:10 PM, pensacolatiger said:

Now this, this is great.  You see, most D’s are repentant about the fact they helped elect a brain dead potato to be president.  Some righteous shame, I mean we’ve all made mistakes……

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brand-toxic-dems-fear-extinction-052403735.html

You mean a brain dead COMMUNIST potato.    :laugh:

7 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

I don’t fault you for your take, but the “no widespread fraud” take is incredibly naive (not putting you in that camp).

the table in this article was taken directly from GA data, 100k illegal votes.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/02/exclusive-ga-sec-state-raffensperger-team-promised-president-trump-address-auditor-bryan-geelss-97000-ballot-issues-never-instead-gave-pieces-call-media/

That did not happen.  Ask yourself this question.  If there were all those illegal votes, why did they split their votes when choosing Senator and President?  There is a clear percentage of Republican voters that voted for the Republican Senator and did not vote for Trump.

Edited by AU9377
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That did not happen.  Ask yourself this question.  If there were all those illegal votes, why did they split their votes when choosing Senator and President?  There is a clear percentage of Republican voters that voted for the Republican Senator and did not vote for Trump.

Wait - you’re saying published GA data didn’t happen?

Ask yourself this question, the day after the election results were compiled, literally every media outlet criticized Trump for making “false claims” of fraudulent votes tallied.  The media, that basically regurgitates anything that’s put in front of them by editors, claimed the sitting US President was lying.  The man that was privy to more information than any politician in the world.  What data did they have to support that?

I think this is a clear point of division.  My take is based on data and evidence of either a blatant or naive lie from the media. The left is making their stand on an emotional response they had toward a guy that can be pretty rough to hear.  Don’t let MSM chew your food for you.

• Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Ask yourself this question, the day after the election results were compiled, literally every media outlet criticized Trump for making “false claims” of fraudulent votes tallied.  The media, that basically regurgitates anything that’s put in front of them by editors, claimed the sitting US President was lying.  The man that was privy to more information than any politician in the world.  What data did they have to support that?

I think this is a clear point of division.  My take is based on data and evidence of either a blatant or naive lie from the media. The left is making their stand on an emotional response they had toward a guy that can be pretty rough to hear.  Don’t let MSM chew your food for you.

Well using your data and MATH, then applying the ratio of casted votes per candidate against the irregular votes, Trump still loses.

Edited by creed

1 hour ago, creed said:

Well using your data and MATH, then applying the ratio of casted votes per candidate against the irregular votes, Trump still loses.

True MAGA cant do math....

• Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Lol - no.  Goodness, no

Enlighten me please. 

1 hour ago, pensacolatiger said:

I can’t even, you can’t even understand how ignorant you….

I have a minor in Math and Stats. Knock yo'self out.

28 minutes ago, creed said:

Enlighten me please. 

Your formula assumes the same “error rate” across the board.  When there were only a few counties that had mass fraudulent drops (Ruby from Fulton for example).  

We’re basically all screwed w/ 3 more years of the brain dead potato, but we could shore up some basic measures to prevent future elections from getting hijacked by communists. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

On 2/18/2022 at 11:02 AM, AU9377 said:

I understand elections and I know how ignorant and lacking in factual basis any claim like the one you are vaguely making actually is.  I have worked in Georgia elections for over 25 years. The REPUBLICAN Sec of State simply refused to commit treason and throw out enough legal votes to change the outcome.  For that, he has been attacked personally and professionally.  How can you justify that?  What statistics change that fact?

Apparently, "you're not familiar with data" or "you don't understand statistics" is his M.O. for defending his baseless assertions.

Keep pushing back against this nonsense and you're a COMMUNIST! ;D

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 10:26 AM, AU9377 said:

One unfortunate reality exists.  Whoever wins will spend spend and spend money we don't have to make one group or another happy and damn the future.  Instead of taking care of what is important, like the health care needs of the citizens of the reported richest country the world has ever seen, we will do God only knows what for God only knows why and pretend all is well.

Not to change the subject, but as long as we allow for money to control our political system, our healthcare system will be designed primarily for enriching insurance companies and healthcare/pharmaceutical conglomerates:

“For-profit health insurance is the largest con job ever perpetrated on the American people—one that has cost trillions of dollars and millions of lives since the 1940s,” says Thom Hartmann.

Other countries have shown us that affordable universal healthcare is not only possible but also effective and efficient. Taiwan’s single-payer system saved the country a fortune as well as saving lives during the coronavirus pandemic, enabling the country to implement a nationwide coronavirus test-and-contact-trace program without shutting down the economy. This resulted in just ten deaths, while more than 500,000 people have died in the United States.

Hartmann offers a deep dive into the shameful history of American healthcare, showing how greed, racism, and oligarchic corruption led to the current “sickness for profit” system. Modern attempts to create versions of government healthcare have been hobbled at every turn, including Obamacare.

There is a simple solution: Medicare for all. Hartmann outlines the extraordinary benefits this system would provide the American people and economy and the steps we need to take to make it a reality. It’s time for America to join every industrialized country in the world and make health a right, not a privilege.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/678197/the-hidden-history-of-american-healthcare-by-thom-hartmann/

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not to change the subject, but as long as we allow for money to control our political system, our healthcare system will be designed to enrich insurance companies and healthcare/pharmaceutical conglomerates:

“For-profit health insurance is the largest con job ever perpetrated on the American people—one that has cost trillions of dollars and millions of lives since the 1940s,” says Thom Hartmann.

Other countries have shown us that affordable universal healthcare is not only possible but also effective and efficient. Taiwan’s single-payer system saved the country a fortune as well as saving lives during the coronavirus pandemic, enabling the country to implement a nationwide coronavirus test-and-contact-trace program without shutting down the economy. This resulted in just ten deaths, while more than 500,000 people have died in the United States.

Hartmann offers a deep dive into the shameful history of American healthcare, showing how greed, racism, and oligarchic corruption led to the current “sickness for profit” system. Modern attempts to create versions of government healthcare have been hobbled at every turn, including Obamacare.

There is a simple solution: Medicare for all. Hartmann outlines the extraordinary benefits this system would provide the American people and economy and the steps we need to take to make it a reality. It’s time for America to join every industrialized country in the world and make health a right, not a privilege.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/678197/the-hidden-history-of-american-healthcare-by-thom-hartmann/

Healthcare is broken because our costs are out of control due to waste and, as you said, insurance companies and healthcare/pharmaceutical conglomerates. The corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle say they want to fix it but then they only talk about changing insurance, without ever addressing healthcare costs. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

Apparently, "you're not familiar with data" or "you don't understand statistics" is his M.O. for defending his baseless assertions.

Keep pushing back against this nonsense and you're a COMMUNIST! ;D

Apparently they were not familiar w/ data because they overlooked recorded data on GA’s site.  But hey, you keep doing you🤣🤣🤣

• Dislike 1

On 2/20/2022 at 9:27 PM, Grumps said:

Healthcare is broken because our costs are out of control due to waste and, as you said, insurance companies and healthcare/pharmaceutical conglomerates. The corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle say they want to fix it but then they only talk about changing insurance, without ever addressing healthcare costs. 

Insurance companies and for-profit hospitals don't bear the burden of increasing costs, they benefit from them.  You cannot control costs in a system based on for-profit middlemen who benefit by steadily rising costs, which are ultimately passed along to the consumers of healthcare (everyone).  It's certainly not hurting their margins.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Apparently they were not familiar w/ data because they overlooked recorded data on GA’s site.  But hey, you keep doing you🤣🤣🤣

Careful, you are liable to get zapped by that secret laser the Jews have orbiting the earth.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Careful, you are liable to get zapped by that secret laser the Jews have orbiting the earth.  :rolleyes:

Secret Jewish Space Laser Corps Sticker — Weitzman National Museum of  American Jewish History Museum Store :big:

Edited by DKW 86

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Insurance companies and for-profit hospitals don't bear the burden of increasing costs, they benefit from them.  You cannot control costs in a system based on for-profit middlemen who benefit by steadily rising costs, which are ultimately passed along to the consumers of healthcare (everyone).

Exactly! We agree. I believe that our government (both sides, but I will say especially the R's) don't want the system to change because they are making $$$ to keep things the same. Costs keep going up and all the politicians talk about is insurance.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:57 AM, pensacolatiger said:

There is not need to debate media.  The media has access to the same facts as everyone else.  The votes as reported by precinct and thereafter by county to the Secretary of State's office and then posted for the world to see don't change.  They are numbers representing votes.  There was a statewide recount and audit.  EVERY challenge to the results has been dismissed.  There is no evidence of any kind of fraud.  Claims by the then sitting President were proven to be without merit.  You can choose to say that those claims were lies or that he was given bad information.  In either event, his first concern should have been to protect the sanctity of his office and the U.S. Constitution.  Personal aspirations should have not been part of the equation.  Al Gore had much more solid ground to have continued a public crusade when he conceded in 2000.  He did the right thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

There is not need to debate media.  The media has access to the same facts as everyone else.  The votes as reported by precinct and thereafter by county to the Secretary of State's office and then posted for the world to see don't change.  They are numbers representing votes.  There was a statewide recount and audit.  EVERY challenge to the results has been dismissed.  There is no evidence of any kind of fraud.  Claims by the then sitting President were proven to be without merit.  You can choose to say that those claims were lies or that he was given bad information.  In either event, his first concern should have been to protect the sanctity of his office and the U.S. Constitution.  Personal aspirations should have not been part of the equation.  Al Gore had much more solid ground to have continued a public crusade when he conceded in 2000.  He did the right thing.

I guess you didn’t read the published data in the link either.  97k fraudulent votes in Georgia.  To assume the election generally got things right is one thing, to say there is no evidence of any kind of fraud is either deceptive or you believe that professional wrestling is real

• Dislike 1

23 hours ago, Grumps said:

Exactly! We agree. I believe that our government (both sides, but I will say especially the R's) don't want the system to change because they are making $$$ to keep things the same. Costs keep going up and all the politicians talk about is insurance.

The original ACA had a provision to open Medicare to anyone, but the insurance lobby would have none of it.  And as you say, their influence crosses the isle. (See Joe Lieberman)