AuFamily Attendance Project

AUght2win

November 11, 1989   La Tech @ Auburn.   On that day i was converted and baptized in Orange and Blue. My mother kept pictures of me with my Bear hat on sitting in Legion Field during the seventies watching bama play whoever. Thank God my parents did not make me be a bama fan.  I had a choice some kids don't.  Seriously. 

• Like 2

My first Auburn game was the Gator Bowl 1/2/1971.  My parents gave my brothers and I tickets for Christmas and took us.  I was nine.  A Pat Sullivan led Auburn beat an Archie Manning led Ole Miss 35-28.  I vividly remember Ole Miss needing a first down on third and a lot and Archie scrambling all over the field weaving and zigging probably running 80 yards to gain a first down by a yard or two.

• Like 1

inconsequential, but Auburn vs. Southern Miss in '84, my first year at Auburn.

I had no family connections, so never saw a game as a kid or any others.

This was the year we opened #2 in the country and lost to Miami (20-18) and then Texas the first two weeks...eeek, that was 'unfun'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

inconsequential, but Auburn vs. Southern Miss in '84, my first year at Auburn.

I had no family connections, so never saw a game as a kid or any others.

This was the year we opened #2 in the country and lost to Miami (20-18) and then Texas the first two weeks...eeek, that was 'unfun'.

Played Miami in New Jersey right? Such a weird neutral site that made sure neither fan base attended. That may be a hard game to find an attendee to.

Might be easier to just ask for folks to list the games they’ve attended since 2000. For myself:

2000 at Miss State, Alabama

2001 at Vanderbilt, Alabama, Peach Bowl vs. UNC

2002 vs at Ole Miss, LSU, UGA, Alabama

2003 USC, at Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Alabama, Music City Bowl vs. Wisconsin

2004 LSU, at Tennessee, Arkansas, at Ole Miss, UGA, Alabama, SEC Champ Game vs Tennessee 

2005 Georgia Tech, Alabama

2006 Washington State, Florida, Alabama

2007 Alabama

2008 ULM, Southern Miss, LSU, Tennessee, Arkansas, at Ole Miss, UTMartin, UGA, at Alabama

2009 La Tech, Miss State, West Virginia, Ball State, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Furman, at UGA, Alabama

2010 Arkansas State, Clemson, South Carolina, ULM, Arkansas, LSU, Chattanooga, UGA, at Alabama, SEC Champ Game vs South Carolina, NC vs Oregon

2011 Miss State, FAU, Florida, Ole Miss, Samford, Alabama

2012 vs TAMU

2013 NC vs FSU

2014 vs LSU

2015 vs Ole Miss, Bham Bowl vs Memphis 

2016 vs LSU

2017 at Clemson

2018 vs Washington in ATL, Music City vs Purdue

2019 at Florida

2020 No games

2021 at Penn State, Miss State, Bham Bowl vs Houston

7 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

My first game was at home vs. Chattanooga in 1955, my FR year.  I have seen hundreds since then. After graduation had season ticket books for 60 years, 33 of those in the same great seats.

Wrote sports column for the Plainsman in 1957, the year we won the NC. I still have a notebook with all the game articles and my ticket stubs. It was in the AU sports museum for a long time but they eventually gave it back to me.

One rarity I can claim......we beat bama all four years I was in school.:wedance:

Very cool stuff! 

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Very cool stuff! 

If you get a chance, go read the oldest member thread

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

If you get a chance, go read the oldest member thread

Strongly recommend everyone check it out. Some great stories

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Thanks. Guess I missed that one since I don't see a post by me. Is anyone on the board over84?

Edited by Proud Tiger

16 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Thanks. Guess I missed that one since I don't see a post by me. Is anyone on the board over84?

Golf was born in 84, but I don't know if it was AD or BC

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

First game was @ TCU 1980. I was 6 and we won. That’s about all I remember about that game.  Pretty much any game played in the state of Texas since, I got covered. With better details!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TXaubie said:

First game was @ TCU 1980. I was 6 and we won. That’s about all I remember about that game.  Pretty much any game played in the state of Texas since, I got covered. With better details!!

I was at the game in Austin were you there as well?

9/15/1984 1984
 Austin, Tex.
L 27 - 35
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I was at the game in Austin were you there as well?

9/15/1984 1984
 Austin, Tex.
L 27 - 35

Yes, Bo got hurt!! 😢  Remember every detail of that one.  Grandpa came from B’ham and went with us. Great weekend even despite the lose.  Man I thought we were gonna pull that one out!!  It May be the reason I have such destain for Longhorn fan base. Lol

We got them back in I think ‘92 ish though when I was in high school. By that time me and my brother had friends that went to school there. I will never forget walking thru a UT dorm shaking our orange and blue shakers. 

Edited by TXaubie
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, TXaubie said:

Wow nice! That was probably going to be one of the tougher ones on the list. I think Auburn at Virginia Tech in the 70s will be hard to find an attendee for. That game has been basically forgotten.

• Like 1

1974 home opener vs. Loserville. The third and fourth games are what really stick outfor me (I even saw all the road games being in the band). At the start of the 3rd game when the UTk team ran on the field a gazillion oranges came flying out of the stands. UTk got minus yards rushing that day mostly because Condredge Holloway was acked so many times. The 4th game was against Miami in the old Orange Bowl stadium. Auburn won 3-0 during a tropical storm. The band had to endure wet wool uniforms for the entire game. Fun times.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a while since anyone posted on this topic, but I can start the 90’s. My freshman year was 1994, but my first three games prior to my first JHS game were doozies:

1990 Peach Bowl vs. Indiana: Stan White naked bootleg with 39(?) seconds left for the victory. Ricky Sutton tossed me his chin strap after the game.

1993 @ Vanderbilt: Huge goal line stand helped out in that victory.

1994 @ Ole Miss: Went with my folks. First time I think I ever saw my dad shoot the bird. It was towards an Ole Miss player after he was taunting our fans after a touchdown. Great times!

First JHS game: 09/17/94 vs. LSU: Jamie Howard’s finest hour. HA!

I’ve been to at least one home game every year with the exception of 2020. I have ticket stubs for every single one of those games except for a game I went to at Starkville in ‘96. Certain scores and plays escape me now, but the memories last forever!

• Like 1