AuFamily Attendance Project

AUght2win

Auburn-Chattanooga, 1957

• Like 2

Oct 29, 1966, Auburn @ Florida. I grew up in Florida and it was the first AU game I attended. The score was tied 27-27 with 2 minutes to go. Spurrier comes in, kicks a 40 yd FG and the UF defense holds the last 2 minutes. I was sitting in the endzone of the FG. Except for the final score it was one of the best games I've ever seen. AU vs UF is still my favorite rivalry.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 7:47 PM, AUght2win said:

Has anybody here attended a game prior to the 1972 The Punt, Bama, Punt game? That’s our current “oldest” game.

I was at the IB in 64. Turds won 21-14.

• Like 2

Is there like a way to embed a spreadsheet or google doc? I could just screenshot one and upload the pics on the OP. Forum experts got any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 12:47 PM, milehighfan said:

I was at the IB in 64. Turds won 21-14.

Ray Ogden returned the second half kickoff for a touchdown and that proved to be the difference.

API Chattanooga 1957   Auburn

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 2:34 PM, AUght2win said:

So cool. Is it surreal to watch a game now and realize you’re watching the same team/game from 60 years ago? What was the experience like then vs. now?

It still sucks 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 10:10 PM, Aucater said:

It still sucks 

What sucks?

Chest wounds?

10 minutes ago, rocketman73 said:

What sucks?

Chest wounds?

losing to the leg humpers. do you understand? I should have reposted what sucked to me so the context would be correct. This was about the first game you ever saw Auburn play in person.

"1962 Auburn vs Georgia at Auburn. Lost 21-30. I remember a sophomore Ivan Charles (Tucker) Fredrickson played safety and full back. He muffed a punt deep in Auburn territory and Georgia got a score out of it. Georgia burned Auburn for a long td pass and it was all over. I was fit to be tied. 

Edited by Aucater

First game New Mexico State vs. Auburn    Nov 6th 1993. 14-55 Good guys! 
Best game in person - 1997 Iron Bowl Auburn November 22nd 17-18 Scissum fumble and FG as time expired! Went with a good  Bammer friend who had two tickets  and sat in their endzone in my Auburn Hoodie. How sweet it was! 

On 2/28/2022 at 1:38 PM, AUght2win said:

Current 2021 attendance verification:

Akron ✔️
Alabama State - ✔️
at Penn State ✔️
Georgia State - ✔️
at LSU ✔️
Georgia - ✔️
at Arkansas - NEED
Ole Miss - NEED
at Texas A&M - NEED
Mississippi State ✔️
at South Carolina - NEED
Alabama - ✔️
Houston ✔️

We went to Akron, Alabama State, Georgia State, Georgia, Ole Miss, Miss State, and Alabama in 2021. 

I wish I had kept a record of all the Auburn games I’ve attended.  I went to almost of them in 1977 and 1978, but started working at Dominos in my Jr and Sr year.  I might have seen a few. I graduated in 1982 and got season tickets in 1987.  We’ve seen about 85-90% of all the home games since then, plus a few away games and a few great bowl games.  We’ll keep going until we just aren’t able to anymore.  It was so sad when my parents couldn’t make it anymore.  😢

• Like 1