Bryan Harsin responds to questions about trusting the Auburn boosters

bigbird

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What do you make of this quote?

“No. 1, I think that’s always something you can speculate in many programs,” Harsin said. “Like who the decision-makers are, I think more so at Auburn, from what I’ve learned." 

Not crystal clear to me, but it sounds like he is saying the administration/PTB at Auburn are more difficult to navigate than other places. Quite possibly true, but I'm surprised he's saying it publicly (if my interpretation is correct). 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, cbo said:

“No. 1, I think that’s always something you can speculate in many programs,” Harsin said. “Like who the decision-makers are, I think more so at Auburn, from what I’ve learned." 

Not crystal clear to me, but it sounds like he is saying the administration/PTB at Auburn are more difficult to navigate than other places. Quite possibly true, but I'm surprised he's saying it publicly (if my interpretation is correct). 

That's how I interpret it.

• Like 2

I'm curious on if his later comments about "productive conversations" and everyones aligned now so that it's now Auburn vs everyone and not Auburn vs Auburn is true or just him trying to sooth things publicly. Hoke had heard that boosters were allowed to attend max week. Obviously it comes down to wins and losses, lol, but gotta try and unite for the sake of the entire program 

12 hours ago, cbo said:

I kind of expect him to feel this way.  There are more people involved at Auburn than at Boise State when it comes to football.  More expectations and more money being poured in.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cbo said:

I feel like the rest of the quote kind of supports your interpretation:

But at the same time, I’m here to coach football, I’m here to lead this team, I’m here to help build this program. And so from that standpoint, I don’t get into too much of those decisions and necessarily who’s making them. To me, everybody has a responsibility, I’ve got bosses, that’s one thing that I understand as well. I’ve got things that I need to do as a football coach here.”

Reads to me like a carefully crafted way of saying there are too many cooks in the kitchen, but that he's just going to accept that and move forward as well as he can. 

I still have no idea if he's the right guy but I respect the candor. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cbo said:

After our history JetGate, etc. and with what just happened to him and his family how could he not at least hint at it.  I know he needs the support of the boosters especially with NIL but if some of them had done to you what they did to his family I think he was actually pretty mild compared to what he was really thinking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

After our history JetGate, etc. and with what just happened to him and his family how could he not at least hint at it.  I know he needs the support of the boosters especially with NIL but if some of them had done to you what they did to his family I think he was actually pretty mild compared to what he was really thinking.

Most everybody in the SEC has been saying it for years. Too many wanna be cooks and not enough continuity in the program. Pops up every few years at AU.