Baseball vs #11 LSU Series

Game is moving very slow now. Intentional walk to load the bases.

Immediately backfires with a wild pitch. All runners move up.

5-2 LSU and I think that'll do it for me. Gotta take a shower and then go to bed. Hopefully we can make a come back and win this.

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do not know who is doing the ESPN broadcast. One of the gentlemen sounds somewhat like Larry Munson to me. Any help?

Chris Blair is the pbp guy I believe 

• Thanks 1

Walks, getting behind in counts, 3 ball counts. It's ridiculous. I do think this pitching staff is an improvement over last year (not a high bar), but we have got to attack more. SEC lineups don't need any extra help, lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Walks, getting behind in counts, 3 ball counts. It's ridiculous. I do think this pitching staff is an improvement over last year (not a high bar), but we have got to attack more. SEC lineups don't need any extra help, lol

Proud to see that inning close. Top 8 let’s see

• Like 1

Bottom 8 and back to back base hits.

Slow roller to short out 1. Move runners 2 and 3rd

past ball score another with runner to 3rd.

Walk and this is getting ugly.

Our bullpen outside of Burkhalter and Skipper (most of the time) is not very good right now. Offense is starting to leave a bunch of runners on base. Not good for long term outlook.

• Like 2

9-2 loss last night but today is a new one. Gorgeous cool morning in east central Alabama. First pitch at 1:00 this afternoon. Gonna enjoy it via radio broadcast over on the lake today.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AUlurker said:

Our bullpen outside of Burkhalter and Skipper (most of the time) is not very good right now. Offense is starting to leave a bunch of runners on base. Not good for long term outlook.

Agree on the left on base numbers. I wish we would bunt more (and better). Today’s  baseball is all about power but over the course of a season, several  games could be decided by a well executed bunt. 

What’s up with Dyal? Is he out with injury? His average was moderate but he is the team leader in RBIs and OPS I believe.  We need him in the lineup. He receives the ball better at catcher, but was moved to LF I thought for a thumb injury. Need his bat back. 

12 hours ago, AUlurker said:

Pitching evaluation and development has hindered us for the past three years. They're a little better, but the walks and getting behind in seemingly every count is killing us. SEC lineups don't need any extra help

Auburn T2:

Diving catch F8

Popout to catcher 

K

1-0 AU to B2

Edited by SCTiger2011

Three straight grounders through the infield find hits...1-1.  LSU with runners on 1st and 2nd.  No outs.

5-3 ends the inning.  1-1 going to the third.  Really good job by Gonzo to limit the damage that inning.