Baseball vs Bammer

Gonzalez is so good at getting rid of base runners.

Gives up a single. Then another single but the runner is out at 2nd on the throw from RF.

Then a double play to end it. Only threw 7 pitches.

LaRue, Farquhar, Moore coming up.

0-0 B3rd

Edited by tgrogan21

LaRue grounds out. Farquhar strikes out.

Moore singles! First hit of the game.

DiChiara singles but Moore is out going to 3rd.

0-0 T4th

8 pitch 1-2-3 inning with 1 K. Gonzalez is the man to have on the mound when you need to rest your bullpen.

0-0 B4th

Rambush 1 pitch ground out.

Peirce 3 pitch strike out.

Carlson 4 pitch walk!

Howell with an 11 pitch battle that ends in a single! Carlson stops at 2nd.

Land grounds out. Damn!

0-0 T5th

Sac bunt moves the runner up. Ground out and a fly out ends the inning. Despite giving up the 2 doubles, Gonzalez only threw 12 pitches that inning. 52 pitches in 5 innings. Amazing work from him just need our offense to help him out.

1-0 Alabama B5th

LaRue with the lead off single! Time to get some runs!

FARQUHAR SINGLES! Runners on the corners! Bottom of the lineup doing work!!!

Moore with the sac bunt! LaRue SCORES! Farquhar goes to 2nd!

1-1!

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

And of course they IBB DiChiara. Hopefully Rambusch makes them pay for the disrespect.

Walked the bases loaded. Time for Big Bat Bobby to break this game wide open!

s***! 2-2 count and we have a lightning delay. That sucks because now I'm worried that Gonzalez might not be able to come back in. :(

• Like 1

Lightening delay! This sucks. Bases loaded with one out, good hitter at the plate and the UAT pitcher coming un glued. Bad timing for Auburn.

• Like 1

Unless another lightning strike is detected we'll come back at 5:01 Central time. I'll do my best to keep it updated if I see anything via twitter.

I'm not so sure the delay is bad for us.   Our guys are relaxing in their home locker room.  Bummer will have to go to the pen.   The reliever will come in to bases loaded, 1 out and 2-2 count.   Almost guaranteed fastball coming...  

Auburn broadcast team said a bit ago that they only have until 7 to restart the game. Hopefully they'll be able to.

Can't find updates from anyone I follow on Twitter nor the Auburn broadcast team. The only thing I've seen was posted 7 minutes ago from the Alabama Baseball twitter that said the clock was under 10 minutes but rain has started to fall.

Who knows when we're starting back up.

Edit: Thank goodness for Alabama Twitter cause Auburn's twitter account isn't updating anything.

Edited by tgrogan21

Womp womp. Still a sweep of our rivals but man, I believe we could have easily won this if it didn't get delayed and then cancelled.

11 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Still a sweep. Maybe enough to get them one of the coveted last two places in the conference so they can stay home.

It basically screws our chance at the West division. With a win today we would only be 1 game behind A&M and Arky who are 17-10. We have the tie breaker against A&M so if we win 2 we would go ahead of them. Arky would have to lose two and we would win. Now Arky only has to win one game and its over. We still have an outside chance, but Arky would have to get swept and we'd have to take all 3. 

Edited by WeaglWeaglWDE

Gained a nice 2 1/2 games on LSU. Auburn is in overall 4th place now by 1 1/5 games over LSU and Vandy. And 1 1/2 behind A&M for 3rd

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Womp womp. Still a sweep of our rivals but man, I believe we could have easily won this if it didn't get delayed and then cancelled.

Other than a shower needed to water lucky lawns nothing to the weather other than lighting. Lighting in Waverly killed the game. Sure both coaches wanted to continue. Hard to understand why the start by 7:00 could not be wavered. Both teams done with classes and a bus ride home game for Bammer. WDE!

• Like 1