January 6th Committee Hearings

AUDynasty

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Enlighten me; the witness says Trump tried to take the stirring wheel and assaulted an agent.  The agents say that didn’t happen.  What is the truth here?

The witness was under oath.  Were the agents?

Such things matter in Washington, a lot.

Edited by homersapien

18 hours ago, Didba said:

Throwing a plate at a person is a criminal offense. Assault and attempted battery.

Guess we better ask the SS to testify to all the items Hillary threw at Bill during their 8 years. Yeah I know whataboutism. Nobody cared then, he was their guy. When it is their guy rules are different.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Guess we better ask the SS to testify to all the items Hillary threw at Bill during their 8 years.

To be fair it's easy to see why she'd want to throw things at Bill. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Kettle meet pot.  Destruction of the democracy began before the 2016 election and continued throughout the presidency and after. Did you forget weaponization of the alphabet, special counsel created by the guy who's intent was to create a special counsel to go after Trump, RRR, dossier. Dems have zero credibility on the non partisan principle you espouse. Forgive me for not acknowledging your opening line.

Your a true believer in the most dishonest character in American politics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The witness allegedly said she heard from somebody else that he tried to take the steering wheel and assaulted an agent. So that is worthless. Why don't we get the guy who told her under oath and we can clear up this whole attack on democracy. Seems like trying a person for a criminal act with hearsay testimony would not be allowed. Oh..exceptions..right..so the democrats are willing to make an exception to testimony rules in a criminal case in order to obtain a conviction against Trump?

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Your a true believer in the most dishonest character in American politics.

Nope. Not a believer at all. Just want the rules, whatever they are, to be applied equally and fairly despite the potential outcome. Not a concept democrats are familiar with.

I am a pilot by profession. All pilots want to know are "what are the rules?".  We will find a way to optimize our performance within those rules. Just don't change them on me in the middle of the game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

The witness allegedly said she heard from somebody else that he tried to take the steering wheel and assaulted an agent. So that is worthless. Why don't we get the guy who told her under oath and we can clear up this whole attack on democracy. Seems like trying a person for a criminal act with hearsay testimony would not be allowed. Oh..exceptions..right..so the democrats are willing to make an exception to testimony rules in a criminal case in order to obtain a conviction against Trump?

i doubt he ever got to the steering wheel but i bet he showed his ass and threatened to. i would like the truth myself as much as i hate to side with you. but even you should be able to understand with all the lies trump has thrown out there his lies have caught up with him and no one believes a word he says because he is such a liar.

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Nope. Not a believer at all. Just want the rules, whatever they are, to be applied equally and fairly despite the potential outcome. Not a concept democrats are familiar with.

I am a pilot by profession. All pilots want to know are "what are the rules?".  We will find a way to optimize our performance within those rules. Just don't change them on me in the middle of the game.

Commercial airline?

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You’re not tracking. This is not a criminal case. There will be no conviction on that element of her testimony. The guy allegedly contradicting her is known for denying conversations:

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if the Jan 6th hearings are partisan.  They can be partisan.  What matters is whether what's been said in them are true.  If the things revealed here happened, the fact that Democrats are making hay out of it for political gain is irrelevant.  If Trump did even half the stuff that's come out here, he should at the very least be utterly finished politically and everyone who backed him and knew about this behavior finished politically as well.  Depending on the specifics, he and some of his yes-men and yes-women could also be criminally liable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i doubt he ever got to the steering wheel but i bet he showed his ass and threatened to. i would like the truth myself as much as i hate to side with you. but even you should be able to understand with all the lies trump has thrown out there his lies have caught up with him and no one believes a word he says because he is such a liar.

Whatever fiddy. You seem to think that lying politicians just started with Trump. You missed a few before him. Yeah I get it you hate him for all those reasons you have stated numerous times. Although most of them are refuted by actual witnesses I know I won't convince you of anything regarding Trump. Don't care to and doesn't need to be done. He is gone and I doubt coming back. Celebrate the demise of Trump and the rise of Brandon. We all will be living with his colossal failures for years.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re not tracking. This is not a criminal case. There will be no conviction on that element of her testimony. The guy allegedly contradicting her is known for denying conversations:

Titan apparently thinks so.

The whole point of the committee hearings is to "find" some criminal charges that can be made. Are you seriously saying that you don't get  that?  And I am the guy who isn't getting it?

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Whatever fiddy. You seem to think that lying politicians just started with Trump. You missed a few before him. Yeah I get it you hate him for all those reasons you have stated numerous times. Although most of them are refuted by actual witnesses I know I won't convince you of anything regarding Trump. Don't care to and doesn't need to be done. He is gone and I doubt coming back. Celebrate the demise of Trump and the rise of Brandon. We all will be living with his colossal failures for years.

sorry but biden is trumps failure. he could not keep his mouth shut and people got tired of it and here we have biden. you know as well as i do if trump was even halfway normal he would still be pres. those little lies{and big ones} are on your guy. he buried himself and the country with his actions.

• Like 2

Just now, jj3jordan said:

The whole point of the committee hearings is to "find" some criminal charges that can be made. Are you seriously saying that you don't get  that?  And I am the guy who isn't getting it?

I think it's possible that some of this stuff, if it can be proven, might be criminal.  But even if it isn't, it's still terrible enough that everyone involved in it should never be eligible to run for so much a dog catcher in their small town, much less any position in our federal government.  And not just drummed out of politics, utterly disgraced such that no one with a shred of integrity ever platforms or takes them seriously again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry but biden is trumps failure. he could not keep his mouth shut and people got tired of it and here we have biden. you know as well as i do if trump was even halfway normal he would still be pres. those little lies{and big ones} are on your guy. he buried himself and the country with his actions.

I agree with you there. He definitely should still be president. He did not manage that campaign well. Should have been no contest. The country is fine. It will survive.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

52 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

special counsel created by the guy who's intent was to create a special counsel to go after Trump, RRR, dossier.

All Republicans.

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think it's possible that some of this stuff, if it can be proven, might be criminal.  But even if it isn't, it's still terrible enough that everyone involved in it should never be eligible to run for so much a dog catcher in their small town, much less any position in our federal government.  And not just drummed out of politics, utterly disgraced such that no one with a shred of integrity ever platforms or takes them seriously again.

There's the problem.  No one who continues to support Trump has a shred of integrity.

They'll defend him regardless. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

All Republicans.

And all with integrity until they started making decisions that compromised that integrity.

All republicans but all never Trumpers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Wrong.  Congress has an obligation to investigate.  Unfortunately, allegiance to party is stronger than allegiance to the citizens of the United States of America.

Anyone who downplays the events of the attempt to subvert democracy is a traitor.

Fascism is coming.  

Congress has already investigated this while Trump was President.  Have you forgotten this?  It didn’t work out as the left wanted so, as the country is going,, the opposite party is *obligated* to investigate until it comes down to the DOJ will act.  Time is running out as the midterm will probably turn the House into a Republican majority and this committee is gone.

I do not believe Jan 6th was one of the worst days in American history.  I am not downplaying the incident, but the DOJ is going to have to prove Trump had a 7 part plan to overthrow the election.

You love to throw out derogatory terms for people who don’t share you views.  It is not affective as you think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

It appears they are willing to state so under oath.   The real question is why the Jan 6th committee didn’t vet the testimony BEFORE she had to blurt out what she heard 2nd or 3td hand.

It is all political isn’t it?  

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

If someone wants to subject themselves to questioning under oath, they can do so and I’ll reevaluate at that time.

This would be *her* truth, not the truth.

Is this where we are going?  Rachel Levine believes she is a woman and that is *her* truth.  The truth is her chromosomes will alway be one X and one Y if you follow the science.

40 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

The elements of any crime that might be prosecuted won’t hang on the hearsay. Are you seriously saying that you don't get  that?  

• Like 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

This would be *her* truth, not the truth.

Is this where we are going?  Rachel Levine believes she is a woman and that is *her* truth.  The truth is her chromosomes will alway be one X and one Y if you follow the science.

You really want to avoid the facts in front of you, don’t you? Even dragging a superfluous trans person into your word salad.

• Like 1