January 6th Committee Hearings

AUDynasty

17 hours ago, Didba said:

Hearsay rules don't apply to congressional hearings.

So, I guess intentionally misleading the public is OK.  What other reason would Cheney have by not vetting her witness.  I did like the hug Cheney gave her star witness after the testimony.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, I guess intentionally misleading the public is OK.  What other reason would Cheney have by not vetting her witness.  I did like the hug Cheney gave her star witness after the testimony.

What a stupid thing to say considering this hearing is about a president who has convinced millions of American idiots that he actually won the election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What a stupid thing to say considering this hearing is about a president who has convinced millions of American idiots that he actually won the election.

I don’t like to be mislead or manipulated and I will not trust that person or entity again, including Trump.  

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I have my doubts as to whether any one action rises to the level of a prosecutable crime. I do believe that a criminal conspiracy to commit a crime was undertaken.  I'm less certain that the best thing for the country would be to see a former President charged with that crime. 

The country does need to understand that the hysteria and claims that the 2020 election results were fraudulent were purposefully pushed by people that had knowledge that the claims were false, yet supported the false claims for the purpose of retaining their control of the executive branch of government.  The result has been an unwarranted attack on the integrity of our election systems across the country.  That has made us weaker as a nation and more susceptible to attacks by those that want to make us weaker from within.

So are you saying you believe that the best solution is to let the person most responsible for this off the hook because it would 'divide the country' to hold a former President responsible for his actions? 

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t like to be mislead or manipulated and I will not trust that person or entity again, including Trump.  

How do you feel about disregarding or dismissing information that reveals the truth? 

That's what you have been doing in this thread.  You consistently focus on the irrelevant or moot in order to discredit the hearing, exactly as your comment about Cheney does above.

You are kidding yourself.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Considering where you get your sources of information from I'm gonna have to doubt you on this claim. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Considering where you get your sources of information from I'm gonna have to doubt you on this claim. 😜

Please tell me what my sources of information is.  I would like to hear it.  You’re as bad as Homer in Ass.u. Me ing 

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's what you have been doing in this thread.  You consistently focus on the irrelevant or moot in order to discredit the hearing, exactly as your comment about Cheney does above

I don’t need to discredit this hearing, it is doing that all by itself.  Not many people are even watching this mini series, they are worried about inflation and gas prices.

If you believe people are worried about this, you are kidding yourself.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t need to discredit this hearing, it is doing that all by itself.  Not many people are even watching this mini series, they are worried about inflation and gas prices.

Thanks for proving my point.

You also demonstrated just how dumb and shortsighted you and your fellow Trump apologists are regarding priorities.  You're more concerned about the price of gas than you are the future of our democracy.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Thanks for proving my point.

You also demonstrated just how dumb and shortsighted you and your fellow Trump apologists are regarding priorities.  You're more concerned about the price of gas than you are the future of our democracy.

This is a great example of you mixing words to create a narrative.  

1, I don’t consider myself a Trump apologist,, only want the truth via a trial to come out.  This hearing is obviously one sided, which is what it is supposed to be.  To what end?  You tell me.

2, I clearly said people are more concerned with inflation and gas prices, but you twist it to be personal.

You are clearly a lying manipulative person;

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, that's the narrative Right wing media is trying to spin right now considering they know Trump and Republicans did everything they're being accused of doing. So Now the Conservative's defense is : "Well, nobody cares anyway...SO THERE!" 

We'll see...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

1, I don’t consider myself a Trump apologist,, only want the truth via a trial to come out.  This hearing is obviously one sided, which is what it is supposed to be.  To what end?  You tell me.

2, I clearly said people are more concerned with inflation and gas prices, but you twist it to be personal.

So, let's see if I can re-state your post in my terms:

"Waah Waaah Waaah!   I don't consider myself a Trump apologist even though that's exactly what I am doing."

"Waah Waaah Waaah!   Even though I don't take the hearing seriously and even though I am the one who brought up high gas prices as a reason for not doing so, I didn't mean me."

And you call me lying and manipulative?  :laugh:

What breathtaking projection!

We already know you are a Trump apologist and a traitor, you can at least stop being such a weasel and own your own posts.

Edited by homersapien
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah, that's the narrative Right wing media is trying to spin right now considering they know Trump and Republicans did everything they're being accused of doing. So Now the Conservative's defense is : "Well, nobody cares anyway...SO THERE!" 

We'll see...

How dare some media have a differing opinion.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah...that's the thing. 

Every other news media covers things that are happening and covers what's being said in the hearings. 

Right Wing media ignores the hearings and the allegations and just tells you their "opinions" on what's going on. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

And speaking of manipulative, that was pretty nifty the way you tried to divert the actual topic from the hearing to supposed personal attacks.  ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ironic

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Oh my, the irony in THIS statement

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I wanna dedicate this song to Mr. Rupert Murdoch

3 hours ago, Didba said:

I wanna dedicate this song to Mr. Rupert Murdoch

Well damn.  Don Henley could see the future huh?  

The song was released in 1982 and Fox News didn't start until 1996.  

I guess Henley was singing about the main stream media and CNN.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, auburn41 said:

Well damn.  Don Henley could see the future huh?  

The song was released in 1982 and Fox News didn't start until 1996.  

I guess Henley was singing about the main stream media and CNN.

The concert is from the 2000s and Don Henley literally says "I want to dedicate the song to Mr. Rupert Murdoch" if you watch the video.

He is definitely referencing Fox News.

Edited by Didba
editted for politeness to a member I had not interacted with before. No need for the snark.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Didba said:

The concert is from the 2000s and Don Henley literally says "I want to dedicate the song to Mr. Rupert Murdoch" if you watch the video.

He is definitely referencing Fox News. Also, Fox News is main stream media lmao the fact the you think it isn't is so ironic.

Youngster, I don't doubt Don Henley referenced Fox News in the video you posted (he is liberal as hell).  I was speaking more to who could he have possibly been thinking about when the song was written?  Fox News didn't exist then!!

The truth is that he was poorly treated by the news media when a 16 year old girl almost died at his house because of a drug overdose.  He was not originally talking about Fox News!!!!

I did not watch the video.  I don't have to listen to the song again.....I know it by heart.  I've literally heard it almost my entire life!!

Edited by auburn41
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

Youngster, I don't doubt Don Henley referenced Fox News in the video you posted (he is liberal as hell).  I was speaking more to who could he have possibly been thinking about when the song was written?  Fox News didn't exist then!!

The truth is that he was poorly treated by the news media when a 16 year old girl almost died at his house because of a drug overdose.  He was not originally talking about Fox News!!!!

I did not watch the video.  I don't have to listen to the song again.....I know it by heart.  I've literally heard it almost my entire life!!

Sure he wasn't writing the song about Fox News when he wrote it, I meant that goes without saying nor did I imply he did.

However he can change the meaning of the song to whatever he so pleases especially if he feels the original intent of the song is applicable to Rupert Murdoch.

Also, on a non-partisan note, supremely jealous of all the great music you were able to enjoy as it released.  I am an old soul when it comes to musak (Zappa anyone?)

Speaking of Zappa, he predicted the future.

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Please tell me what my sources of information is.  I would like to hear it.  You’re as bad as Homer in Ass.u. Me ing 

I don't assume until after I read.  Maybe you need to consider what your posts imply - if not state outright - before posting them.  :-\

Edited by homersapien

13 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

We'll see...

BLM Riots.jpg

• Like 1