Lemon Test overturned.

Didba

People mostly ignore this because of RvW, but it's crazy how important and stressed lemon was.

Personally think Kennedy was ruled the wrong way as a state actor engaging in his job leading openly religious activity in a time, manner, location with restricted access yet at an evemt strictly for viewing and entertainment is in fact a state promotion if religion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I left out the fact that I also had a murder trial in January through our clinical program.  How I did all that actually amazes me today, given that a month now flies by at the speed of light.

Geez man, how did you have time to study for the Bar!

Edited by Didba

7 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just afraid you would PM me a bill for answering………😏

Dang we were supposed to be billing you guys?🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

Geez man, how did you have time to study for the Bar!

On the weekends we had a 4 person study group.  We met for 4 hours on Friday and Sunday.  Funny story.... one of the guys in the study group was an Acetic Jew. I'm a guy from West Central Georgia that went to Auburn undergrad.  When he told the other three of us that we couldn't meet on Saturdays due to that and continued by stating "I don't even turn on a light switch on Sabbath Saturdays," my smart ass immediately blurts out "that is going to make turning on the VCR a challenge."

To be honest, I approached the bar like it was any other pass/fail exam.  I had always been an above average writer, which had to pay dividends due to my decision to not study commercial paper and roll the dice on it not being on the essay portion of the exam that year.  As luck would have it, it was on the exam that year.  Fortunately, my transformation of chicken manure into chicken salad must have been a little better than some of the other answers.  I'll never forget the question because it mirrored the movie Ghost.  In the movie, Whoopi Goldburg, a Nun, goes into the bank  etc... I wasn't certain of the answer, but I knew the movie well enough that I could write the fact pattern and make an argument.  It always helps to restate the question near the beginning and end of your answer on essay questions like that.  It re-affirms to the person grading the answer that you have a firm grasp of what the question is and there are points available due to that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Didba said:

Dang we were supposed to be billing you guy?🤦🏻‍♂️

Salty actually already owes me. He tried to pay with some paperclips and a subway coupon. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

When is your bar exam?

26th and 27th of July. It's been a grind but my simulated test scores are much higher than average so I'm feeling good, just gotta keep the pedal to the medal and get this bread.

All about work. Just hard work.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Didba said:

26th and 27th of July. It's been a grind but my simulated test scores are much higher than average so I'm feeling good, just gotta keep the pedal to the medal and get this bread.

Good for you! 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

People mostly ignore this because of RvW, but it's crazy how important and stressed lemon was.

Personally think Kennedy was ruled the wrong way as a state actor engaging in his job leading openly religious activity in a time, manner, location with restricted access yet at an evemt strictly for viewing and entertainment is in fact a state promotion if religion. 

And that's even before considering he is involving kids who are subordinate to him as a coach.  The coercion may not be direct but it's there.

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And that's even before considering he is involving kids who are subordinate to him as a coach.  The coercion may not be direct but it's there.

It is 100% there as the dissent calls out the parents who's children specifically said they participated to not be separated from the rest team

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Didba said:

Mark my words, your knowledge of the law will never again be as broad as it is right now. 

You will quickly learn that law school taught you much about the law but very little on how to practice it. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You will quickly learn that law school taught you much about the law but very little on how to practice it. 

That's most professions, really. I've reverse engineered a bipolar junction transistor for troubleshooting a grand total of zero times in the field. I've applied Ohm's Law once. 

• Like 2

Back when I was in general clinical engineering,  I'd often tell people a monkey with a screwdriver could do my job. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Mark my words, your knowledge of the law will never again be as broad as it is right now. 

They ltell you that first semester in law school these days. Law school is about passign the bar not learning how to practice for the most part.

That's what my boss/mentor at the firm in downtown is for.

Edited by Didba

On 6/30/2022 at 3:15 PM, Didba said:

If your scores are higher than average I hope your OK with them redistributing some of your points to others taking the test,   I mean, its great you worked hard and all, but other people may have had valid reasons why they couldn't work as hard, like vacations and such....

I kid, I kid...     Best of luck to you!

43 minutes ago, GoAU said:

If your scores are higher than average I hope your OK with them redistributing some of your points to others taking the test,   I mean, its great you worked hard and all, but other people may have had valid reasons why they couldn't work as hard, like vacations and such....

I kid, I kid...     Best of luck to you!

No problem by me, they can have as many of my points as they want as long as I get my license.  The Bar exam is BS anyways.

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:04 AM, AUDub said:

Back when I was in general clinical engineering,  I'd often tell people a monkey with a screwdriver could do my job. 

You could teach one to run a cardiac arrest perfectly. It’s the other calls that would create chaos lol 😂