stuff changing downtown Auburn

per alpine tiger and others on the rant.........

- New building for Target (where Denaros/Quixote was)
- New building for Publix (where the BK was)
- New Auburn Bank with 1st floor retail
- New building for Marriot Hotel at Village Theatre
- New bank building on the corner of College and Glenn
- New condo building by J & M
- New building for The Graduate Hotel (where Anders was)
- 1 square block between College and Gay Street for apartments & retail. They are doing all the sewer stuff now.
- All the new apartments/condo’s downtown

New Rane Culinary building with a boutique hotel, brewery, four eateries and a wellness grocery/kitchen. I think that opens in a month.

Campus development:

- The new Academic Learning Center complex is basically finished (second largest academic building on campus now)
-Starbucks (student center) will move and replace Au Bon Pain and then offer hot breakfast items
- New residence hall near Haley concourse already in the planning stage
- The new Legacy plaza is already u/c
- New massive STEM academic complex in early planning stage (220,000sqf, construction start expected: Summer 2023)
- New $100m FOF enters final construction phase

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

per alpine tiger and others on the rant.........

- New building for Target (where Denaros/Quixote was)
- New building for Publix (where the BK was)
- New Auburn Bank with 1st floor retail
- New building for Marriot Hotel at Village Theatre
- New bank building on the corner of College and Glenn
- New condo building by J & M
- New building for The Graduate Hotel (where Anders was)
- 1 square block between College and Gay Street for apartments & retail. They are doing all the sewer stuff now.
- All the new apartments/condo’s downtown

New Rane Culinary building with a boutique hotel, brewery, four eateries and a wellness grocery/kitchen. I think that opens in a month.

Campus development:

- The new Academic Learning Center complex is basically finished (second largest academic building on campus now)
-Starbucks (student center) will move and replace Au Bon Pain and then offer hot breakfast items
- New residence hall near Haley concourse already in the planning stage
- The new Legacy plaza is already u/c
- New massive STEM academic complex in early planning stage (220,000sqf, construction start expected: Summer 2023)
- New $100m FOF enters final construction phase

"It's nice to think about it, maybe even visit but I wonder could I live there any more"~~~Lines from a Charlie Pride song

• WarTiger changed the title to stuff changing downtown Auburn
8 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

@aubiefifty

you may have me by a few years, but I don’t like all the downtown changes.  I understand real estate and capitalism but I’m a nostalgic to an extent.  

when i was about eight years old i had free reign of Auburn. there was never any worry about what happened because back then nothing bad ever happened. i miss the Auburn i saw as a child. it  was a magical time and some of the best years of my life. i just posted that for those that will be coming to games and having to deal with all of it as well as those interested in changes. i bet the ol tiger cafe is gone from where a lot of the coaches would eat. my mother would hang out in Archies who was a huge man and had a bar/BBQ joint. it actually had a dirt floor or so i am told. to be honest i do not remember. game weeks were the most fun because folks were working on parade floats and that sort of stuff. i wish they still had parades because they were so much fun.

• Love 1