What do we do at Halftime?

RunInRed

It's pathetically sad that I couldn't even get excited for a 17 point lead against a not good LSU team. I knew Harsin would manage to screw it up.

Just now, MJDub said:

Rolling footage of growing potatoes for 15 minutes isn’t a great strategy at halftime, coach. 

Thinking of The Martian...because we're very comparable to what the potatoes in that movie were grown in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

It's pathetically sad that I couldn't even get excited for a 17 point lead against a not good LSU team. I knew Harsin would manage to screw it up.

Same 

3 minutes ago, MJDub said:

Rolling footage of growing potatoes for 15 minutes isn’t a great strategy at halftime, coach. 

Interesting how you're still on this forum after that cultural swipe at Idahoans. Maybe tonight's your night?

I have never been more confident in an under bet than I was at halftime tonight.  Our D was playing well and I knew our staff doesn't make adjustments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To have absolutely nothing drawn up for the red zone is inexcusable.   I watched college football all day today and I can’t tell you how many good red zone plays I saw, that resulted in touchdowns. These Boise idiots are awful.  Clearly in over their heads.  I’ve seen it in bigger, sloppier run companies and the results are atrocious and then major changes are made. Somewhat capable of explosive plays  here and there but nothing solid and consistent.  Players  are trying hard.  Defense is mean.  

They go in, eat some potatoes, drink homemade vodka,  check their bank account, check to make sure that there isn't a 2nd half game plan, club a few baby seals, do 100 reps of curls, run over a dog, kick a cat, take a crap in a box and head out to stand on the field for the rest of the game and slowly kill us a little more inside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is it though the we failed to do during the second half? Was it bad play calling? Or are we just so simple of a team it only takes a quarter or two to figure out how to beat us. I'm not a coach. I don't know what was different in the 2nd half and what adjustments needed to he made. But if you pat someone 5 million they should know.

4 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I know Crain uses his dads experience at Auburn to get where he's at, but he's just terrible.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

I know Crain uses his dads experience at Auburn to get where he's at, but he's just terrible.  

Volatility brings clicks!!!

You know I hear you Red but I'll be the heretic and say THIS loss wasn't a halftime failure so much as it was players not protecting the ball, ill timed (and dumb) penalties, missed tackles when the stunt should have worked, and a really important and not long missed kick. I think at this point Harsin & staff have so many enemies they theyre lightning rods for everything that goes wrong. Harsin made his own bed I guess by resisting NIL as a tool for so long and having his depth transfer out (really really odd on his part).

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 12:56 PM, RunInRed said:

BFEFAA13-F819-42C3-BFE4-84BEBCA4549A.jpeg

My goodness. This is just pathetic. This past Saturday might be, MIGHT BE worse than 2016 UGA game but idk. Both are top 5 hall of shame games.

I think Tennessee is going to beat the hell out of LSU on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

You know I hear you Red but I'll be the heretic and say THIS loss wasn't a halftime failure so much as it was players not protecting the ball, ill timed (and dumb) penalties, missed tackles when the stunt should have worked, and a really important and not long missed kick. I think at this point Harsin & staff have so many enemies they theyre lightning rods for everything that goes wrong. Harsin made his own bed I guess by resisting NIL as a tool for so long and having his depth transfer out (really really odd on his part).

But how does it happen over and over again in an overwhelming majority of our games?