Robby Go Play Baseball

maryland tiger

I know there are some people who believe Robby is not an SEC QB and should go back to baseball. I don't agree with that thought! Tell me, what QB is going to be successful when you have this 👇happening game after game? Fix the Offensive line and the QB play will get better. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I don’t know if Robbie will ever be successful, but I did watch this clip of Oregon and noticed that Bo Nix looks like a completely different QB behind a line that gives him time to throw. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

Robby is not a P5 QB whatsoever yet but to be fair he is playing behind one of the worst offensive lines on planet Earth. 

I'm thinking those two things aren't a winning combination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

Robby is not a P5 QB whatsoever yet but to be fair he is playing behind one of the worst offensive lines on planet Earth. 

This. It's a combination of both. 

• Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I don’t know if Robbie will ever be successful, but I did watch this clip of Oregon and noticed that Bo Nix looks like a completely different QB behind a line that gives him time to throw. 

Hmm maybe go watch some of the UGA vs Oregon game...He seems to be fine when he has time but as usual struggles when under some pressure..He is a decent college QB but I do not think he will make it to the next level, maybe he will but I guess we will see.

Just watched a little, still see that he has issues with the long ball going to wide open receivers, lol.

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, woodford said:

Not at all!!

In hindsight it appears that Hars and Kiesau have installed an offense without considering what kind of offense would work best with the talent we have.  

8 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Hmm maybe go watch some of the UGA vs Oregon game...He seems to be fine when he has time but as usual struggles when under some pressure..He is a decent college QB but I do not think he will make it to the next level, maybe he will but I guess we will see.

Just watched a little, still see that he has issues with the long ball going to wide open receivers, lol.

Saw him hit a nice deep pass to the one.  UGA game…have not watched, and probably won’t.  First game of year, new offense, etc.

12 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

You must have missed the pass at about the 6:30 mark. Watch more.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TigerHorn said:

You must have missed the pass at about the 6:30 mark. Watch more.....

Eh I hope Nix does well but I usually do not watch PAC10 games, Nix no longer plays for AU so at least for me I have moved on...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm thinking those two things aren't a winning combination.

Very true.  
The difference is, Robby getting his first few snaps as a QB, I think he can improve significantly and possibly become a solid P5 QB.  
The OL, on the other hand, is full of 6 year SRs.  They’ve already reached their full potential, and it’s still sad.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

In hindsight it appears that Hars and Kiesau have installed an offense without considering what kind of offense would work best with the talent we have.  

OK, I'll bite ... name the "kind of offense" which works best with an OL that bypasses on-rushing DL with no more contact than a quick look-see?

• Like 1

lol #65 is doing what we called a "Look Out" block. Just yell Look Out! hoping QB hears you.

or

if the QB pisses you off you just let the guy go right by ya couple times to get your point across.

1 minute ago, AUloggerhead said:

OK, I'll bite ... name the "kind of offense" which works best with an OL that bypasses on-rushing DL with no more contact than a quick look-see?

I'm no expert that's for sure but offenses that get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly like Miss State and Coastal Carolina are designed to compensate for weaker OL's and neutralize a pass rush.  Maybe that's out of their wheelhouse, idk.

15 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm no expert that's for sure but offenses that get the ball out of the QB's hands quickly like Miss State and Coastal Carolina are designed to compensate for weaker OL's and neutralize a pass rush.  Maybe that's out of their wheelhouse, idk.

It was more of a sarcastic question and I didn't really expect an answer, but since you mentioned MS St ... you realize that they throw the ball over 75% of the time?  It's kind of CML's thing.  At this point in time, Will Rodgers leads the nation in passing yardage.  I will support whomever plays QB at AU but I don't see a 75% of the time passer on this year's roster.  Do you?  Also, MS St's OL has only given up 7 sacks -- 4 in the loss to LSU.  

I'm almost ready to five 65 a pass. It's possible that #4 was supposed to go to that side and block, seeing as how he kinda went left and looked lost, like ummm "now....who am I supposed to block? oh, right, I'll get in on this triple team while my QB runs for his life"

If that's the case (and it's probably not) then why have your RB blocking a DL and not the OLineman?

Once again, we have a coach too stubborn, too arrogant to fix the obvious problem.  Once again, we have a coach who only knows one way.

If this play were designed so that Tank chips and roles into the open flat,,, nothing but green grass. 

Our offensive coaching is an offensive abomination.

18 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Once again, we have a coach too stubborn, too arrogant to fix the obvious problem.  Once again, we have a coach who only knows one way.

If this play were designed so that Tank chips and roles into the open flat,,, nothing but green grass. 

Our offensive coaching is an offensive abomination.

Robbys skill set doesn't match what Harsin wants to do. Not a knock on Robby. It's just a fact. Why Harsin recruited him to AU is beyond me. I guess he couldn't get no one else to come. And it's too late to try to implement zone read ( Robbys strength).