The Future with Harsin

AURex

Harsin will serve out this season with Auburn and he will be fired.

Harsin has banked MILLIONS of dollars and will be due MILLIONS more after he is fired.

Harsin will hop on the first plane to Idaho, buy a million dollar home/estate, and spend the rest of his life in luxury hunting and fishing, never again stepping on a football sideline.

After he's terminated, call me out if I am wrong. I'll gladly eat crow.

3 minutes ago, AURex said:

Harsin has banked MILLIONS of dollars and will be due MILLIONS more after he is fired.

Harsin will hop on the first plane to Idaho, buy a million dollar home/estate, and spend the rest of his life in luxury hunting and fishing, never again stepping on a football sideline.

If he is not coaching, he will be racing, but I think he coaches again.

5 minutes ago, AURex said:

Got info, intuition, or gut feeling?

...is bright. Let's give him at least 3 more years. Just think, there exists people out there who think that lol.

The dude is set for life for tanking at a historic program. He'll be coaching in the WAC or Division II after writing a book about his "journey" with Auburn.

Edited by clwn
  • Like 1

I made a satirical post about the great auburn heist.. it basically detailed this exact conversation... of course it is all conspiracy theorized but as odd as things have been at auburn lately it is almost believable at this point

• Like 1

Harsin is a testament to the need at Auburn for a great Athletic Director. He's proof Allen Greene was in over his head. To think that anyone would try and tackle a job at any program in the SEC by shrugging off recruiting is impossible to comprehend. I hate he'll get a paycheck from this, but he'll need it. Hard to imagine many programs wanting to hire this guy. 

• Like 2

He coaches again. Maybe even next season.

If I were him, I'd do exactly what you said, but coaches outside of Ed O aren't content with not coaching. 

Here's to hoping he gets to start his planning a month earlier than your timetable. 

• Like 2

He will not coach in the SEC.  And as long as he is not in Auburn, AL I don’t care what he does or where he goes.  Not too many jobs where you can take  over a legacy recruiting opportunity in a mediocre conference.  Boise was a good gig for him. The SEC is different level sports.  The last 3 yrs of Gus and the first two of Harsin has been devastating to this program. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

… is so bright, even he has to wear shades on a cloudy day?

Sad day and time for the program.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

...then run for the senator of Idaho?

2 minutes ago, aucat said:

...then run for the senator of Idaho?

Is that you Tubby?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, AURex said:

I haven't read his contract but most buyouts have a clause that you must look for gainful employment (i.e. coaching) in order to get paid. Most buyouts have an offset clause where the amount owed is subtracted based on the salary of your next job.  I would be surprised if AU gave him a contract without such a clause, but who knows.  Either way, this is why you never see coaches just "sitting" after getting fired and receiving a buyout - their contract requires them to work.

• Thanks 1

Harsin is too much of a stubborn mule to not attempt to prove he can still coach and this was just Auburn interfering. I don't think he has any emotional investment into this product by any means, but I don't think that should make people think this guy just doesn't care about coaching 

• Like 1

If so, good for him. He probably coaches again though. I doubt he does Saban rehab because he's not in the SEC clique. It's not like Chad Morris hoping to become an SEC coordinator after his tenure, or Muschamp hoping for another head job. He's in the MWC clique. And due to his great success in that conference, he can probably get an OC or HC gig in the MWC

In other news the future with harsin points to us not being favored the rest of the year (I mean even slightly less than 75%) outside of WKU

• Sad 1

I have a difficult time believing a 45-year-old man, that has been coaching since he graduated from Boise State, is going to ride off into the sunset because he failed at Auburn.  He did just fine at a G5 program, and could likely get back into that lower-pressure groove easily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigerrules said:

The last 3 yrs of Gus and the first two of Harsin has been devastating to this program. 

Btw thats when Kirby started.  Not a coincidence that that’s when our talent started to drop. IMO any coach that can not  directly challenge uga and revitalize Ga recruiting  (Harsin totally failed at this) will be exactly in the same boat. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

Arkansas State might take him back. I'm sure they're greatly regretting hiring Butch Jones 😅

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

He will be smiling next year as Auburn will be as close to probation as you can get without actually being on it. He should be fired with cause. 

What did I miss?? 

He’s going to take his $15 million, head back out west and have another coaching job next year.  People from the outside can see what a dysfunctional mess Auburn is and I don’t think they will hold it against Harsin.  Auburn screwed the pooch for many years when we had the chance to hire Kirby Smart when Tubby was run off and didn’t do it because he wouldn’t bail on his Bammer defense in the BCSNCG.  Even Gus would have done much better these past 2 years than Harsin because we wouldn’t have lost all those players.  It is going to take a special coach to turn this around now. Good luck finding a one that is both capable and willing.  

11 hours ago, AcUmen said:

I haven't read his contract but most buyouts have a clause that you must look for gainful employment (i.e. coaching) in order to get paid. Most buyouts have an offset clause where the amount owed is subtracted based on the salary of your next job.  I would be surprised if AU gave him a contract without such a clause, but who knows.  Either way, this is why you never see coaches just "sitting" after getting fired and receiving a buyout - their contract requires them to work.

Prepare yourself to be shocked.  

Perhaps most interestingly, the deal is not subject to an offset, and Harsin has no duty to mitigate if he were to be let go. 

https://footballscoop.com/news/bryan-harsins-contract-and-buyout-details-at-auburn#:~:text=Perhaps most interestingly%2C the deal is not subject,of his

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1