Radio Stations?

TigerJS

I just wanted to call out to all of you that live in the Birmingham area, are their any good radio stations? I've lived him practically my entire life, except for win I was in Camelot (Auburn) for four years and have yet to hear a good radio station. I like rock and roll, but the rock and roll stations in Birmingham suck. I hate 1077, especially those two dweebs in the morning and I won't listen to Rock 99 because they are so bammer biased. Any suggestions? I like to listen to the classics like Led Zeppelin, ACDC, and Ozzy, and also modern rock like Stone Temple Pilots, Tool, and Puddle of Mudd.

You won't listen to the CLASSIC rock station because they play the bama games on the weekend?

100.5 is an AWESOME radio station. But it is based out of tuscaloosa. It has all the rock you need.

You won't listen to the CLASSIC rock station because they play the bama games on the weekend?

100.5 is an AWESOME radio station. But it is based out of tuscaloosa. It has all the rock you need.

100.5 IS good. Its the only thing good that has come out of T-town in a while!!!! ;) (j/k BamaGrad) I liked 99.5 for a while. 107.7 has gotten really tiresome. 95.7 is a good hip-hop station (if your into that). Personally, I stay fixed to talk radio in Bham. They have some really good show. AM 690 rocks! Especially if you are looking for a morning show.

Can you pick up z93.1 out of Gadsden/Anniston? Its a good classic rock station, I listen to it whenever I visit.

I used to live in b'ham and liked rock 99 - enough to put up with the bammer association.

No BamaGrad, it's not just because they play alabama games it's because they are so biased toward alabama. If you remember, 99.5 used to broadcast Auburn games and they never kissed Auburn's butt like they do alabama's now. Plus, they play a lot of crap(i.e. Jackson Browne, Styxx, Peter Frampton)

Plus, they play a lot of crap(i.e. Jackson Browne, Styxx, Peter Frampton)

:eek2: Styx - crap??? wow...thats pretty harsh..lol.. I agree about the other two, but Styx? I'll admit they are much better since they fired :flame: Dennis DeYoung.. That dude is Weird...LOL...

I used to live in b'ham and liked rock 99 - enough to put up with the bammer association.

Its not Rock 99 anymore. Now it is 99.5 "The Buzzard." They play a lot more garbage than they used to. AM690 is now the Crimson Tide radio network in Bham too. They used to carry the Auburn games. Once, a guy called in to the radio station and complained about how they were always promoting Bama over Auburn even though they carried Auburn's games. The next year, they dropped Auburn and picked up Bama. Coincidence, I think not.........Okay, it was a coincidence. ;)

Styx is pretty weak.

And don't say...well thats just not you're generations music yungin'...

cause I'm an 80's music connoisseur. so I'm not just stuck in modern music...(which also happens to be weak)

...modern music...(which also happens to be weak)

Music is mostly horrible now. I hardly listen to any REAL radio anymore. I try to stick to the AM dial. I even listen to some classical sometimes. (Geez, I'm an old dude). A few bands peak my interest, but for the most part it is just recycled garbage. :angry:

Rainman, you're not old just because you listen to classical.

I feed myself a steady diet of classical and jazz. I mean, with all the crap thats out there now, I have no problem paying my respects to QUALITY music.

OH NO!

i LOVE styx...does that make me a square?

i'm a square AGAIN?

:o

Guess I am too...I happen to LOVE STYX too. Styx is classic rock at its best. They rank right up there with Journey (with steve perry of course), Kansas (older version) and the Eagles. Well, maybe not the Eagles, they are truly musical legends, but these other bands aren't far behind. STYX rocks....(without the weirdo Dennis DeYoung)

I don't know, pcola. I always liked DeYoung. Granted, Kilroy Was Here may have been a little over the top, but, it was the eighties! We've got DirecTV and a few months ago they had a freeview with Styx and REO Speedwagon in St. Louis. The guy who replaced DeYoung was pretty good, but his voice was nowhere near DD's.

I don't know, pcola. I always liked DeYoung. Granted, Kilroy Was Here may have been a little over the top, but, it was the eighties! We've got DirecTV and a few months ago they had a freeview with Styx and REO Speedwagon in St. Louis. The guy who replaced DeYoung was pretty good, but his voice was nowhere near DD's.

Al,

I just saw Styx on their current tour (sat front row) and they were great. I'd love to see Reo Speedwagon too, but haven't had the chance yet. Kansas opened for them but they aren't the same since Elephante and Kerry Livgren left.. :( Dennis DeYoung was a control freak for the band, and they had tours where they would be on stage for 20 minutes or more before they even played a song. Fortunately, Tommy Shaw and rest of the bunch got tired of it, and confronted him with it. Dennis DeYoung said: "It's either my way or the highway", so Tommy and company chose the highway..and fired him.....Best move they did, if you ask me...

I had heard that (control freak) about him. I meant simply as a talent that I liked him.

The one song that he did that stands out in my mind was BABE....Even the rest of the band hated that song.....not many styx fans i know really like that song...lol..lol...

"Sonny taught me that Styxx is one of the gweatest wock bands evehw. And they onwee get a bad wap because cwitics awe synical a$$howes."

Big Daddy.

"Sonny taught me that Styxx is one of the gweatest wock bands evehw. And they onwee get a bad wap because cwitics awe synical a$$howes."

Big Daddy.

Huh?? Is there an interpreter present???

"Sonny taught me that Styxx is one of the gweatest wock bands evehw.  And they onwee get a bad wap because cwitics awe synical a$$howes."

Big Daddy.

Have you seen the Adam Sandler flick "Big Daddy"?

"Sonny taught me that Styxx is one of the gweatest wock bands evehw.  And they onwee get a bad wap because cwitics awe synical a$$howes."

Big Daddy.

No..THANK GOD... I HATE ADAM SANDLER.....

Big Daddy.

No..THANK GOD... I HATE ADAM SANDLER.....

Sandler's character is obsessed with Styxx. Its great!

Archived