Let's get to the bottom -insider information

Taker

On 10/17/2022 at 9:20 PM, cbo said:

Do you think there's any chance the hire is someone out of left field that we are not discussing, like Harsin was last time? Seems unlikely now, but I don't remember anyone saying Harsin before he was hired. 

image.gif.6cd9a8d821b893b7e0043d1286c6fd05.gif

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2022 at 8:20 PM, cbo said:

Do you think there's any chance the hire is someone out of left field that we are not discussing, like Harsin was last time? Seems unlikely now, but I don't remember anyone saying Harsin before he was hired. 

That's because not one person did not a mod, not any so called insiders not one. Hence why I say I don't really believe anybody that claims to be an insider anywhere because realistically everybody's just throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks. 

Edited by autiger88

If you kept everything about Jackson State... the players, the record, the coaching staff... and just substituted some rando named "Greg Smith" in place of Deion Sanders... would you guys still want the head coach of Jackson State to be Auburn's head coach next year?

If The Rock went to Kennesaw State and had success, would he be in the conversation too?

Edit: The Rock comment was obvious sarcasm from the post above, calm down people.

Edited by smackydoodle
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

That's because not one person did not a mod, not any so called insiders not one. Hence why I say I don't really believe anybody that claims to be an insider anywhere because realistically everybody's just throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks. 

Hearing Belichick is house shopping the Auburn area, but word is he’s just a fan of Acre.  

On 10/17/2022 at 8:20 PM, cbo said:

Do you think there's any chance the hire is someone out of left field that we are not discussing, like Harsin was last time? 

Yeah, Harsin was my bad. Don't worry about me on this one. I'll just kinda....

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

If you kept everything about Jacksonville State... the players, the record, the coaching staff... and just substituted some rando named "Greg Smith" in place of Deion Sanders... would you guys still want the head coach of Jacksonville State to be Auburn's head coach next year?

If The Rock went to Kennesaw State and had success, would he be in the conversation too?

Again, posts like these tell me you and others missing the point and actually made the point in the same breath. JSU wouldn’t be getting recognition without Deion, that is a fact. Deion has brought so much attention to not only JSU but to the SWAC because of his fame and celebrity status. No other coach could have done that. Also, no other coach would be able to recruit the type of players Deion does at a SWAC team. That’s our point. Deion is the reason they are having this success. His name recognition alone brings in the top sponsors and recruits. Also, he must be at least above average in coaching since before he arrived there JSU didn’t have a winning season in 8 years. So again, people want Deion because it’s Deion and the name recognition alone would bring in the top talent…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Again, posts like these tell me you and others missing the point and actually made the point in the same breath. JSU wouldn’t be getting recognition without Deion, that is a fact. Deion has brought so much attention to not only JSU but to the SWAC because of his fame and celebrity status. No other coach could have done that. Also, no other coach would be able to recruit the type of players Deion does at a SWAC team. That’s our point. Deion is the reason they are having this success. His name recognition alone brings in the top sponsors and recruits. Also, he must be at least above average in coaching since before he arrived there JSU didn’t have a winning season in 8 years. So again, people want Deion because it’s Deion and the name recognition alone would bring in the top talent…

Also let’s not forget Deion knows football and is a freaking hall of fame player. The rock? Is this guy serious. True football players respect the Rock’s acting but he doesn’t get respect in the gridiron. Go pick up anytime Warren Sapp discusses the rock. He treats him like a peon, respectively. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also let’s not forget Deion knows football and is a freaking hall of fame player. The rock? Is this guy serious. True football players respect the Rock’s acting but he doesn’t get respect in the gridiron. Go pick up anytime Warren Sapp discusses the rock. He treats him like a peon, respectively. 

Exactly. Deion must know something about football and how to coach because he is all over sports talk radio shows and national headlines. Do people really believe that if Deion was like averaging 5 wins a year we would still want him? No. For me, the proof is that he’s come in and dominated the SWAC in less than 3 years. This year they are on pace to win their second consecutive conference championship. That to me is impressive and then you add his persona and celebrity status and it makes it even more enticing to hire him…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So glad we have gotten to the "bottom-insider information"

I still believe that Hartwell is the leader for the AD position, although another name I’ve heard is that Benedict guy from UCONN which I’m really hoping it’s just talk…

2 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I still believe that Hartwell is the leader for the AD position, although another name I’ve heard is that Benedict guy from UCONN which I’m really hoping it’s just talk…

Utah State and UCONN,...Quality. And let me guess? This Benedict guy was at Auburn before?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Utah State and UCONN,...Quality. And let me guess? This Benedict guy was at Auburn before?

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner 🤣 he was Auburns COO 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep, he was, and didn’t have the best reputation when he was here. Again, hopefully just a name being talked about and nothing more. Still think it’s Hartwell, which I think would be a solid hire…

1 hour ago, smackydoodle said:

If you kept everything about Jacksonville State... the players, the record, the coaching staff... and just substituted some rando named "Greg Smith" in place of Deion Sanders... would you guys still want the head coach of Jacksonville State to be Auburn's head coach next year?

The Rock is worth $800 million.  He couldn't afford to coach college football.

1 hour ago, smackydoodle said:

:nonono:  Hasn't there been enough background information, interviews, and research done on Deion Sanders that everyone on this board knows HE made JSU what it is today?  He MADE them, they didn't make HIM. 

Sanders is a super star, JSU is a podunk SWAC, HBCU in poverty-stricken Jackson, Mississippi.  They aren't even at a the SWAC caliber of ASU, HBCU in crap-hole Montgomery, Alabama. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Luke Fickell above all mentioned.

But would Luke Fickell be interested(Just read a post by Bird saying he isn't)? Secondly, Justin Fuente and Tom Herman are coaches that I would have loved to be at Auburn. Hindsight being 20/20, they likely would have failed but I didn't know that at the time. There is no guarantee that Fickell would succeed either. It's a crapshoot which is my point. 

The reason I mention Freeze as the most likely of them all to succeed is that he did it at Ole Miss. He did it against Saban and Kirby. He is evangelical which the Auburn PTB value(as in fit. Real or imagined). I get that some fans will boycott. I understand, I really do. It's just that Auburn doesn't have a lot of choices currently due to the meddling. Some also had consternation(warranted) about Bruce when he came to Auburn as well. I hated the idea of Rodney Garner coming back to Auburn when he did due to the issues within the Terry Bowden/Pat Dye staff.  I'd say the Bruce Pearl and Rodney Garner hires worked out well for Auburn. Although it sounds like I am cheerleading for Freeze, I am not. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to prove he wouldn't do those things again. There are morality clauses in contracts for a reason. Are we to believe that there should be no second chances? That people cannot be redeemed? Are fans going to be as upset when Hartwell is hired as the AD? 

I will give any currently mentioned candidate support. Freeze, Deon, Grimes, or Fickell if he is interested(he isn't). The only candidates I wouldn't support would be Muschamp or Petrino. Their names always seem to hang around Auburn vacancies even though they haven't been mentioned yet in this one. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 1

I can't imagine another coach in the universe that Auburn fans would be so excited about with recent losses to teams such as Louisiana-Monroe, Alabama A&M, South Carolina State, etc. I've liked Deion since his FSU days and am curious what his P5 results would be. I'm just not on the "Deion is the answer to all of our prayers" bandwagon and have concerns. That's all. I guess that's allowed?

Edited by smackydoodle

5 hours ago, JerryAU said:

... JSU is a podunk SWAC, HBCU in poverty-stricken Jackson, Mississippi.  They aren't even at a the SWAC caliber of ASU, HBCU in crap-hole Montgomery, Alabama. 

So are the teams he's succeeding against.