Guess how many Jellybeans

AUght2win

Two weeks until we kick against Arkansas at 11 AM. Let’s all take a stab on what the attendance numbers will be. 

My guess: 70,841

That’ll be the reported number. I think actually there will only be like 65k in the stands. Will probably be the lowest attended SEC game since the upper decks were built.

I will be there but I wonder if I start to hear boos like I did at the end of Malzahn's tenure here.

• Like 1

Eh, I think our fanbase is a little better than that. 

I think its at least 75,000 in the stands. Still an SEC game and while not playing good, we should still be competitive with a team like Arky and probably should even win this game. People with families and kids will probably take advantage of the reduced ticket prices. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Nah. I’ve been shocked about how supportive the fanbase is and has been. I think it’s higher. 

Now if we are judging the apathy of the fans…we are at new lows. 

I’ve been shocked too but at the kick of the last home game we were still 3-1. Now we’re 3-4. I’d be surprised if people come to town and show up early for this one. 

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I will be there but I wonder if I start to hear boos like I did at the end of Malzahn's tenure here.

That’s assuming people care enough to boo. I think there will be more laughs than boos.

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Eh, I think our fanbase is a little better than that. 

I think its at least 75,000 in the stands. Still an SEC game and while not playing good, we should still be competitive with a team like Arky and probably should even win this game. People with families and kids will probably take advantage of the reduced ticket prices. 

It wouldn’t be an indictment on our fanbase IMO. The PTB are disrespecting the fans (and players) by not even attempting to go in a different direction this season with an interim.

The PTB should reap what they sow. They shouldn’t be rewarded with a full stadium after completely giving up on the season.

• Like 2

There will be empty patches in the stadium and I expect it will be much easier to pick up a cheap (or free) ticket walking around on gameday, but I still expect 70-ish for most SEC games. WKU may be different, but some people just want to take their kids to a game, hang out in Auburn and not break the bank doing it. Usually that can only happen with the throw-away games, but some could get decent SEC matchups this year...especially since we might actually have a shot at Arkansas and A&M. 

I wonder what the lowest reported attendance was in 2012?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Nah. I’ve been shocked about how supportive the fanbase is and has been. I think it’s higher. 

Higher in the first half, much lower in the second half

I'm going to trust the "sources" that Harsin is pretty much guaranteed to be gone after the season. I don't think we need to boycott the games to get Harsin fired. Plus, more people in the stands makes the program look better, looks better to potential recruits who would be recruiting to the school and not just a coach, and helps the kids who are still on the field fighting. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

Had the Ole Miss loss been 41-10 then yeah maybe an empty deck.

I'm extremely anti CBH and have been negative Nancy all year but Arkansas' defense is worse than OM's. If we scored 34 on the road, we should be able to match that especially coming off a bye. However, I don't know if our defense can slow down KJ. We shall see.

22 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I wonder what the lowest reported attendance was in 2012?

Wiki says 74676 but who knows if that is accurate.   

32 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm going to trust the "sources" that Harsin is pretty much guaranteed to be gone after the season. I don't think we need to boycott the games to get Harsin fired. Plus, more people in the stands makes the program look better, looks better to potential recruits who would be recruiting to the school and not just a coach, and helps the kids who are still on the field fighting. 

We don’t have to boycott. It’s already done. But why, in this economy with inflation being what it is and gas being what it is, SHOULD fans put the time and effort into going to a game? They shouldn’t.

I wish the players the best but I’m not spending money to reward the PTB for letting this miserable floundering continue. 

• Like 1

80,000 plus

Edited by autigeremt
  • Haha 1

I think that If you want to go to the game and can afford it then Go, if you don't want to go to the game then stay home and watch it on tv or mow the lawn or write a strongly worded letter to Yella fella expressing your displeasure in their performance thus far. 

I for one will be there because my 7 year old daughter loves the war eagles and I wouldn't dare think of depriving her of that joy(she doesn't know if we win or lose she just loves "her" team) and I will also be there just cause I like auburn and don't get to go to many games. Regardless of what I think of Harsin and co I still love AU and my crew will account for 3 of the 77,186 people there 

War Eagle, Love God, your family, and Auburn cause I believe in Auburn and love it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

I would give anything to play Plinko just one time.

The main redeeming thing about being home sick from school was getting to watch the Price is Right. And I wanna play the “grand prize game” from The Bozo Show…just one time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

The main redeeming thing about being home sick from school was getting to watch the Price is Right. And I wanna play the “grand prize game” from The Bozo Show…just one time. 

Price is Right dominated the old people and sick kids demographics. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Spot on.

If I had tickets I'd still go..... but I wouldn't expect a W.