Jimbo Fisher

kevon67

Man does Tamu have some problems....3 players suspended for what is alleged smoking grass pre game in the locker room.......reminded me of the Wire road incident.....sorta

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, kevon67 said:

.reminded me of the Wire road incident.....sorta

Both incidents are prime examples of stupid. What the Wire Road Four pulled had bigger consequences.

• Like 2

I’ve always had good interactions with Texas A&M fans. Both at Jordon Hare and in college station. Really nice folks dying for a championship football program. I just have to feel for them on this one, I mean they have the facilities, unbelievable money spent and more money to spend and they thought they had the championship coach. Jimbo is just not working out, and I feel bad for them, but not that bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I’ve always had good interactions with Texas A&M fans. Both at Jordon Hare and in college station. Really nice folks dying for a championship football program. I just have to feel for them on this one, I mean they have the facilities, unbelievable money spent and more money to spend and they thought they had the championship coach. Jimbo is just not working out, and I feel bad for them, but not that bad.

It's becoming more and more obvious that Jameis Winston was for Jimbo what Cam was for Chizik and Joe Burrow was for Orgeron. 

I think Jimbo is a little better coach than Chizik and Orgeron. All 3 are really good recruiters. I also think Jimbo will end up with the same fate as the other 2. Maybe not this year but eventually. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

You absolutely love to see it

😳

On 11/7/2022 at 12:55 AM, AU-24 said:

Remember, he took a winning program (Fla St) and made them into a mediocre program. His record at A&M is much like ours was here, stuck on 8-4 with winning half the SEC schedule.  Just a huge A&M Admin blunder.

Heard he benched Muhsin Muhammed for wearing arm sleeves... Kind of stupid to hold out one of your best players for trying to stay protected... I'm not complaining it worked out well for us but really dumb on Jimbo's part..

14 hours ago, auskull said:

Remember, he took a winning program (Fla St) and made them into a mediocre program. His record at A&M is much like ours was here, stuck on 8-4 with winning half the SEC schedule.  Just a huge A&M Admin blunder.

All that and at A&M and Florida State, he recruited his behind off.

On 11/14/2022 at 9:53 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm still sore we lost a national championship to this clown. 

Same

On 11/14/2022 at 9:53 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm still sore we lost a national championship to this clown. 

It was the first time I remember seeing Gus go into his shell.  He started coaching,,, not to lose.  He was never the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, icanthearyou said:

It was the first time I remember seeing Gus go into his shell.  He started coaching,,, not to lose.  He was never the same.

Auburn had also won over 300 games in a row when they scored 30 or more points. For many years myself, as well as other Auburn fans, always said "let's just get to 30 and we'll be home free." Well, that streak came to a grinding halt that night in Pasadena. We lost 34-31. 

When you go back and look at the games Auburn lost under Gus while scoring 30 or more points, it's really astounding. The next season in the 2014 Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa, we had over 600 yards of offense, Nick Marshall passed for like 440 yards, we scored 44 points AND STILL LOST BY DOUBLE DIGITS!!!! Final score was 55-44. 

I remain pretty calm during Auburn games but there were some games under Gus that nearly had me tossing my TV into the swimming pool. 

Let's just pray our next coach turns those type losses into wins. WDE

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, icanthearyou said:

And let's not forget......FSU had 2 special team scores. Else AU wind by double digits. Who was the special team coach? I can't remember.

1 hour ago, JuscAUse! said:

And let's not forget......FSU had 2 special team scores. Else AU wind by double digits. Who was the special team coach? I can't remember.

Scott Fountain was the special teams coordinator as well as tight ends coach.

We had ALL the momentum in the 1st half until Jimbo called a fake punt right before halftime. It worked and you could feel the energy in the stadium change. 

Late in the game, we kicked off and the FSU returner ran it out and went 100 yards for the kickoff return TD. Ryan Smith had the perfect lane on the returner and would've dropped him at the 20 yard line or so but Ryan came up lame with a hamstring injury while running downfield to defend the kick. 

That's two key plays in the game where momentum swung BIGTIME!!!

Still makes me sick to think about it.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 4

Don’t forget the 2 defenders going for the INT and whifffing on FSU’s winning drive….40 yard gain instead of making the tackle.  If Gus could only be the Head Coach, Special Teams coach, Defensive Coordinator and Defense Backs coach all at the same time, we would have won that game!! 😜