MTG Warns That a GOP Lead House Will Launch Investigations Against Corporations Who Have Stopped Donations To Republicans.

CoffeeTiger

Marjorie Taylor Green says its unacceptable that Companies have stopped donating money to her and other Republican campaigns and that if the GOP gains control of the house in Nov she plans to launch official investigations against these companies and that they better get their lawyers ready. 

She doesn't name any specific companies she'd target nor does she mention what rules or laws they'd be investigated for breaking, but it's pretty safe to assume it would be just a revenge/punishment stunt, similarly to DeSantis's investigations and political moves aimed at Florida companies that don't voice full support for him and his policies. 

Increasingly, it's becoming accepted in Republican circles that the power of the Government at all levels can and should be used to punish and influence companies or individual people for their beliefs or political activities.  

This is her quotes from her appearance on Steve Bannons show:

"You know what they did after January 6, Steve? They stopped donating. All the lobbyists, all the big corporations stopped donating to a whole bunch of my Republican colleagues that they used to donate to," Greene said.

"They said: 'Oh no, we can't support you because of the big lie,' or whatever they want to call it," she continued.

"There is going to be investigations coming," Greene added. "And there should be. There definitely should be, because the way corporations have conducted themselves, I've always called it corporate communism."

Greene also advised big businesses to "lawyer up" and focus on "customer service" instead of politics. 

Axios reported on Wednesday that several large firms are hiring lawyers in anticipation of a Republican-controlled House. They are preparing for a possible GOP revenge against companies that support the Democratic Party, per Axios.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mtg-gop-led-house-probe-firms-stopped-donations-after-capitol-2022-10

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

this is r/leopardsatemyface level of stupidity

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Didba said:

Well Marge isn't exactly the greatest luminary in a generation 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i hear she eats fruit loops for breakfast................

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i hear she eats fruit loops for breakfast................

I hear she IS fruit loops for breakfast.............

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Didba said:

well many in her party believe her bull for the record. they are turning into reflections of each other.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I hear she IS fruit loops for breakfast.............

Think she's pushed past that. Now instead of her going Fruit Loops, Fruit Loops go MTG.

She was specifically talking about corporations that stopped donating to Republicans who are election deniers.

Using the power of government to attack private citizens in this manner is the very definition of tyranny.

• Like 3

she is sicking her little minions on people that disagree with her and i hope she ends up rotting in jail. it is one thing to disagree but it is a whole different ballgame when folks are out there motivating others to hurt people. and trust me when many do not care and some have laughed and said they wish it was nancy. there is no party that meets my needs but at least the dems are not out there encouraging violence. and trust me they ARE listening.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

She was specifically talking about corporations that stopped donating to Republicans who are election deniers.

Using the power of government to attack private citizens in this manner is the very definition of tyranny.

She’s Trump’s current choice for VP, but he won’t go with some who will outshine him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Lots of investigations. She is a quack.

• Charles Schwab is shutting down its PAC. (Schwab, the company's chairman, has given millions to pro-Trump and GOP groups, as the New York Times reports). 
  • Nike "will not support any member of Congress ... who voted to decertify the Electoral College results" through its PAC, the company said in a statement.
  • Walt Disney Company will pause political contributions in 2021 to lawmakers who voted to reject certification of Electoral College votes. “The insurrection at our nation’s Capitol was a direct assault on one of our country’s most revered tenets: the peaceful transition of power," a spokesperson told Axios.
  • Facebook, Microsoft and Google are all pausing political spending.
  • Walmart's PAC is "indefinitely suspending contributions to those members of Congress who voted against the lawful certification of state electoral college votes," spokesperson Randy Hargrove told Axios in a statement. 
  • Aerospace giant Northrop Grumman is pausing its PAC donations and "evaluating the way forward," spokesperson Tim Paynter told Defense News.
  • Comcast said it was suspending political contributions to elected officials who challenged the certification of Electoral College votes. 
  • Verizon also said it was suspending political contributions to lawmakers who protested the Electoral College results.
  • Amazon said, "given the unacceptable attempt to undermine a legitimate democratic process, the Amazon PAC has suspended contributions to any member of Congress who voted to override the results of the U.S. presidential election."
  • BP's employee PAC will pause all contributions for six months and reevaluate its criteria for candidate support.
  • AT&T's Federal PAC board decided to suspend contributions to members of Congress who objected to the certification of Electoral College votes. 
  • JPMorgan Chase is pausing all giving to both parties for six months. "The country is facing unprecedented health, economic and political crises," said Peter Scher, chair of the Mid-Atlantic Region and head of corporate responsibility. "There will be plenty of time for campaigning later."
  • Citi's head of global government affairs, Candi Wolff, said in a letter to colleagues that the bank will pause all contributions in Q1, and that after that, "[W]e will not support candidates who do not respect the rule of law."
  • Marriott International said the hotel giant will pause donations "to those who voted against certification of the election."
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield Association said it will suspend contributions to "lawmakers who voted to undermine our democracy" by challenging Electoral College results. 
  • Boston Scientific, the medical device maker, is pausing all federal gifts.
  • Goldman Sachs is freezing donations through its PAC. The company told The New York Times it will conduct “a thorough assessment of how people acted during this period."
  • Dow, the chemical giant, told Bloomberg it will not donate to lawmakers who voted against the certification for one election cycle — two years for those in the House and six years for senators.
  • BlackRock said it will pause all PAC donations, and will meanwhile "conduct a thorough review of the events and evaluate how we will focus our political activity going forward," according to a company memo obtained by Axios.
  • Airbnb said its PAC will withhold donations to lawmakers "who voted against the certification of the presidential election results.”
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

she is sicking her little minions on people that disagree with her and i hope she ends up rotting in jail. it is one thing to disagree but it is a whole different ballgame when folks are out there motivating others to hurt people. and trust me when many do not care and some have laughed and said they wish it was nancy. there is no party that meets my needs but at least the dems are not out there encouraging violence. and trust me they ARE listening.

Nah, but Democrats want to "eliminate the Police and "can't define a woman". :-\

- Gov. McMaster, South Carolina (and his wife)

This country is going to fail if this reflects the baseline gullibility of our populace.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2