Offer Caddy the Job Full Time!!!

If Cadillac goes 3-1 and finishes with a top 25 recruiting class why wouldn't he get a second year? Auburn alumn with NFL connections?  I want to see how this plays out.  He might be exactly who we have needed.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Let's don't put that pressure on him please. Just let him continue uniting the team and fans, something we desperately needed. I'd be thrilled if he was retained as the RB coach for the next staff. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No more foolish than some of the other dribble up in here

AGREE!!! We have a LOT of foolish dribble on this board and this is another idea to add to the foolish dribble list!

Cadillac is Ed O at USC . He is wonderful but he is not getting the coach job here. Auburn fans cannot help themselves but then want to scream “JABA.”

• Like 1

Caddy may one day be a good head coach. But he’s been coaching less than a decade, and is probably still learning. If he keeps doing what he’s been doing, he’ll probably get a chance eventually. But  I t’s not yet his time. Imagine would could happen if he’s pushed into that position at Auburn before he’s ready. His image at Auburn as a great running back and a great position coach could end up overshadowed by a bad coaching tenure. 

12 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

If Cadillac goes 3-1 and finishes with a top 25 recruiting class why wouldn't he get a second year? Auburn alumn with NFL connections?  I want to see how this plays out.  He might be exactly who we have needed.

Not going to happen.  We have 2 games vs mediocre SEC teams, a cupcake and then Alabama.  Winning all but Alabama isn't anywhere near enough to hand over the Auburn job to someone at this critical juncture.  The only way he'd even get a sniff at it would be to go 4-0 including a road upset of Bama and even then it's not a slam dunk.

What's most likely is we go 2-2 or 1-3 and it's a moot point anyway.

It’s an honor for Caddy to be the IHC right now, but even he said he has to learn all about what a head coach does and not all of it is about football. He said something like, “I’m a football guy.” I’m not sure if head coaching is something he’s even pictured himself doing up to this point.  What I’d like to see is him doing a great job with what’s left of the season. Then I would like a wise, seasoned head coach to decide to keep him on staff and mentor him to become the next head coach.  

• Like 2

Cadillac is in the best position possible for himself at the moment. ZERO Expectations for the remainder of the season. We're all just excited to show up and watch football and full expect to lose everything else. If he can sneak a win out, hurrah!

He already has made history of which I am very happy for him.  As for being permanent, I don't think he is ready nor do I want the Family to start crapping on him if it goes south.  He needs the org experience which he is getting a taste now and trying to figure things out.  Hope the new coach keeps him.

13 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Possible HC candidates this year? The options seem promising. 

Possible HC candidates next year? Who knows?

14 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Never been a coordinator. Never been a head coach. Let's nake him head coach of a major football program cause he an auburn man. 

We aren't Tallahassee tech

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, shabby said:

Never been a coordinator. Never been a head coach. Let's nake him head coach of a major football program cause he an auburn man. 

We aren't Tallahassee tech

or Clemson.

Lol, just funnin ya.

• Haha 1