My final take on Freeze

auburnatl1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

One score game . Pressure back on Liberty. We actually have a good game on. Pissing war is getting old. Win or lose , this is not going to change how 99 percent of us feel about the coaches. s*** is getting old. 

Truth. Gonna be a long few weeks til we find out who our new coach is

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, jluvah said:

Truth. Gonna be a long few weeks til we find out who our new coach is

Even if it is Deion Sanders or Lane Kiffin, a couple of these posters are so damn obnoxious , I don’t want to even deal with them.

• Like 4

Just now, DAG said:

Even if it is Deion Sanders or Lane Kiffin, a couple of these posters are so damn obnoxious , I don’t want to even deal with them.

Yep... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Has anyone changed their mind on HF as a result of this thread yet? Just curious. 

Not because of thread but this Freeze dude can coach some ball. Very impressed with their performance today.

• Like 4

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Not because of thread but this Freeze dude can coach some ball. Very impressed with their performance today.

3rd string QB who apparently didn’t take snaps all week. 

• Like 3

Look, half of our current HC candidate list - including Freeze - is based on either emotion w/ little to no rational/logical basis' or a belief that interesting O, good ole boy jowls, a dickeydoo belly or loud & proud/landing a (one) 5 star recruit is all you need.

6 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I said this in another thread but I’ll repeat it here: if you are going to throw morals and ethics out the window, why not go after Urban or Art Briles? At least they are wayyyy better coaches and have won way more than Freeze. Auburn fans cannot even vouch for the right guy when it comes to a scumbag who wins games, it’s hilarious and dumbfounding at the same time. Also, and no Freeze fan has been able to answer me this: do you really and honestly believe that our new AD would hire him? You guys do know that he was the AD at MSU when all of that went down and probably has wayyyy more information that the public doesn’t know. So, yea, can’t even use logic as well. In essence, it ain’t happening and have never seen such a cult following for such a mediocre coach. At least want Urban or Art Briles, at least their on the field record is substantially better than Freeze…

OR keep your Morals and hire proven. Gary Patterson. 

11 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

He’s so bad that you put money on him.  Straight up pimpin!

Oh no, you downvoted me, oh whatever will I do now? I’m so heartbroken. Have a goodnight and tell Freeze to have fun in Liberty…

Edited by Auburnguy101

7 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

This is the perfect summary of the Freeze argument. Poor man’s version of Lane. Terrible person. No logical explanation for why we’d be interested. 

As long as he wins, the fans would look the other way and love him. We do with Bruce. 

If Bruce Pearl were at Alabama and had the exact same background as he does, our fanbase would say he was the sleaziest coach in D1 not named Pitino or Calipari. Alot of our fanbase looked at him as a dirty coach when he was winning big at Tennessee and we all laughed and knew it was just a matter of time when he was fired at UT and got a show cause. Our fanbase swears up and down that Saban and Kirby are the dirtiest coaches in the nation even though they've never had anything on their record to prove it that I'm aware of. We always say Pat Dye didn't pay anybody and that was all a big setup by the mythical REC, blah blah blah. I just laugh at how alot of our fans truly believe rival coaches cheat when there's not been evidence of it but when our own coaches get caught we say they were framed and that we have never stepped outside of the rules. Takes a real Homer to believe that. 

Just give me the coach that's gonna win the most games. That's all it really seems to be about anyway. If we gonna reach into the sleaze with Freeze, just go in with both arms and bring Urban to the Plains. He would give Saban, Kirby and those fanbases a heart attack when announced for the job; that is, if he didn't give himself a heart attack first. 

• Like 2

Freeze has baggage. But so does Auburn. The delusion that kiffin would want to come here will be smashed soon enough. The long list of coaches we pretend are attainable will peel away. With Freeze we get a really good coach that would take the job in a second. It's where we are at as a program

Edited by shabby
  • Haha 1

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

As long as he wins, the fans would look the other way and love him. We do with Bruce. 

If Bruce Pearl were at Alabama and had the exact same background as he does, our fanbase would say he was the sleaziest coach in D1 not named Pitino or Calipari. Alot of our fanbase looked at him as a dirty coach when he was winning big at Tennessee and we all laughed and knew it was just a matter of time when he was fired at UT and got a show cause. Our fanbase swears up and down that Saban and Kirby are the dirtiest coaches in the nation even though they've never had anything on their record to prove it that I'm aware of. We always say Pat Dye didn't pay anybody and that was all a big setup by the mythical REC, blah blah blah. I just laugh at how alot of our fans truly believe rival coaches cheat when there's not been evidence of it but when our own coaches get caught we say they were framed and that we have never stepped outside of the rules. Takes a real Homer to believe that. 

Just give me the coach that's gonna win the most games. That's all it really seems to be about anyway. If we gonna reach into the sleaze with Freeze, just go in with both arms and bring Urban to the Plains. He would give Saban, Kirby and those fanbases a heart attack when announced for the job; that is, if he didn't give himself a heart attack first. 

Disagree

Loved Pearl at UT

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

No he wouldn't he ran away the first time why would he scare them? Serious question? 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

This thread didn’t bring out our best and for that I apologize for starting it.

My point with Freeze was NOT that he’s isn’t a good recruiter and coach. He is. He’s is one of 4-5 coaches that will make us better. But when was the last time we were favored against a top 10 team? There’s been upsets - but over time, favored wins. To be favored and consistent against uga, bama, lsu you need a 5* loaded roster. Coach em up gets you the occasional fun upsets. My point with freeze is that he’s good but not considered elite (no top tier ever wanted him), plus he’ll create these friggin good vs evil debates - here, ESPN, everywhere. Over and over. We don’t have time for a huge distraction. We’re already a mess.

It’s a simple as this: imo freeze and others will make us better. Guaranteed. And then we’ll later fire them for losing consistently to uga. ect. Been there many times. Prime definitely and maybe kiffin have the ceiling to go elite 5* further. Consistently.

It’s about goals. My opinion. Again, I apologize.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

people kill me talking about definites when they have no proven data to prove stuff 

Fair. It’s an opinion. But again, who ever wanted freeze but us? Unless of course we’tr the only smart ones.

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Fair. It’s an opinion. But again, who ever wanted freeze but us? Unless of course we’tr the only smart ones.

Why isn’t Deion Sanders coaching at a power 5? Apparently he tried for 3 jobs and all of them said no. See how that works ? 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Why isn’t Deion Sanders coaching at a power 5? Apparently he tried for 3 jobs and all of them said no. See how that works ? 

You know the answer better than I do. The issue with sanders is about him growing experience and the right timing, not ceiling. I think you usually have good takes and we’re going in circles. I’m done.

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

You know the answer better than I do. The issue with sanders is about him growing experience and the right timing, not ceiling. I think you usually have good takes and we’re going in circles. I’m done.

Good call.