My final take on Freeze

auburnatl1

16 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Redemption, prestige of the SEC, facilities, fertile recruiting grounds…..I could go on and on about the reasons a coach would leave Liberty to come to Auburn.  To say is all about money is just silly and naïve. 

Auburn could probably pay Freeze similar to what he is making at Liberty and he’d still crawl here from VA.  Its all the other things that makes the job enticing to him. 

His daughter and her husband also live in Auburn so he has ties to the area.  

As for the other candidates listed, the only one I could see not having a lot of interest is Lanning since he just got to Oregon and honestly he is the one with the most risk to me as he has been an HC one year and it would take Kiffin like money probably to get him.

Kiffen:  Recruiting, NIL, facilities, better chance at championships 

Prime:  Has said repeatedly he’d have to look at P5 jobs and Auburn’s proximity to ATL plus all the other incentives….NIL, facilities, etc.  Also, for better exposure for his son, if he’s going to make a move now is the best time for Shedeur to give him two years in the P5.  Plus I’m pretty sure just to prove his haters wrong who say he’s not ready to make the leap to P5.  He is.  

Grimes:  A shot at HC at a top SEC program that he has familiarity with. 

To say none of those candidates would have interest just doesn’t mesh with fact.  Each aside from possibly Lanning has multiple reasons why a move to Auburn would be enticing. 

And I would be content with every single one of these guys 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

There is actually no information to suggest any of these are interested.

Yes there is. You might not have explicitly seen it yet, but it legitimately exists.

22 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Freeze is pure and literally only AU thinking.  Looks great at the lower coach-em up tiers. But we’re  in a 5* arms race today. Gus got mauled and freeze is next. Freeze is not an elite recruiter, especially today.   More bad press (which further hurts recruiting),upsetting many fans and endless debates. All for  …. freeze. But he’s your guy. The 3 year get/feel better against arky/msu then hit the uga wall cycle continues. Amazing to watch.

NIL evens the arms race out.   If you got the cash you can buy all the 5 stars you want.

On 11/5/2022 at 11:28 PM, weagl1 said:

My final take on Freeze is if you can take Liberty (LIBERTY!!!) into Arkansas and beat them on their home field you are a heck of a coach.   The team he just beat had knocked Auburn all over our home field the previous Saturday. 

It was dang sure a pretty good audition.

• Like 2

I'm warming (maybe "thawing") to Freeze. 8-1 with only a 1 point loss at Wake Forest. Some said he was overrated and gave much of the credit to Malik Willis. Well MW is gone and CDHF is still cranking out the W's. And he would probably be less expensive than most of the other candidates. We could do a lot worse. He knows Auburn, he knows SEC, and he knows the culture. I think Freeze could get us back to relevance and prominence pretty quick . I like Kiffen, but he could lead us down the Primrose "Lane".

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Yes there is. You might not have explicitly seen it yet, but it legitimately exists.

Danny Hugh all but asked for the AU job when Marcello interviewed him Sat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Danny Hugh all but asked for the AU job when Marcello interviewed him Sat.

I’m guessing he did more than ask

image.gif.67f711e0a93f83483e95d26c2c1ae2e7.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, autan said:

I'm warming (maybe "thawing") to Freeze. 8-1 with only a 1 point loss at Wake Forest. 

And that was on a failed 2-point conversion in the final 2 minutes of the game. Gotta like that aggression on the road. 

• Like 2