Throw-Back

AUght2win

Just now, maryland tiger said:

No disrespect to Cam and the 2010 team but that 2004 is the best Auburn team I've had the pleasure of watching. 

2004 is my favorite team of all time

2013 was the most fun to watch

2010 was just special because it finally happened. Oh and Cam Newton. 

• Like 6

1983 was the toughest team I’ve ever seen. That schedule was brutal. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

maybe Golf can tell us about the 1913 undefeated season...heard he was a Freshman with a beanie at the time.

10sauburnuniform.png

Schedule

Date Time Opponent Site Result Attendance
October 4   Mercer W 53–0  
October 11   Florida
W 55–0  
October 18   Mississippi A&M W 34–0  
October 25   at Clemson
W 20–0  
November 1 2:30 p.m. vs. LSU Mobile, AL (rivlary) W 7–0  
November 8   at Georgia Tech W 20–0  
November 15   Vanderbilt
W 14–6  
November 22   at Georgia
W 21–7

Edited by AU_Tiger_88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

No disrespect to Cam and the 2010 team but that 2004 is the best Auburn team I've had the pleasure of watching. 

It was a better overall team. 2010 was good primarily because of two players Cam and Fairley.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Same freaking spot on the field. Gotta love it. Can’t write this stuff.

I was at that game when Cadillac threw that TD. It was a thing of beauty then, and a thing of beauty now.

• Like 4

The 2004 team is my all-time favorite sports team and that team was emblematic of what peak Auburn football is - physical, substance-not-flash, relentless, tight-knit, great defense and a pounding offense.

Incredible team. They deserve to be recognized as a NC team or a perfect team in the stadium.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

The 2004 team is my all-time favorite sports team and that team was emblematic of what peak Auburn football is - physical, substance-not-flash, relentless, tight-knit, great defense and a pounding offense.

Incredible team. They deserve to be recognized as a NC team or a perfect team in the stadium.

We all know they were the real NC. No way they were losing to USC or Oklahoma. The biggest screw job in college football history. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

We all know they were the real NC. No way they were losing to USC or Oklahoma. The biggest screw job in college football history. 

This! 
It took me a long time to get over the fact that we were not able to play for the national championship. I felt like we were the best team in the country, and this was the best Auburn team in history.
Thank goodness we had 2010, and even 2013 was awesome. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

I feel like that team would have found a way to beat USC.  They damn sure would have been a better matchup for them than the garbage Big Game Bob and the Sooners put on the field that night.