Sydney Gran Foundation

Jenny AU-92

In the article that someone posted last week, there was not any information on how to make a donation to the Sydney Gran foundation. Among other things, the Foundation helps provide travel expenses (hotel, food, etc.) for parents who have a critically ill child at Children's Hospital in BHM. I thought this was a very worthy cause in support of one of our own. I have a beautiful, healthy little girl, and I cannot imagine the devastation in our family if something catastrophic ever happened to her. I can only hope I could deal with that situation with the grace and dignity that the Gran’s have shown. I can’t make a huge donation, but I wanted to do what I could in support of work of this foundation and as a thank you to the good Lord for giving us a healthy little girl.

The contact information is:

Children’s Hospital Foundation Office

Attn: Sydney Gran Foundation

1600 7th Ave South

Birmingham, AL 35233

In the memo section of the check, put "Sydney Gran Foundation".

Just as an aside, Paul Finebaum responded to my email and put me in touch with someone who gave me the contact information. Guess he isn't a TOTAL jerk.

David, that thread was from June - I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning... :big:

Still, worth repeating, no? Football season brings a lot of new members to the board who may not bother to go back and read old posts from two months ago.

Also, just as an aside, the guy at Children's who emailed me back is a 1988 AU EE grad, whose daughter is a cancer survivor. Now he does fundraising for Children's full time.

Archived