2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

On 8/8/2023 at 7:37 AM, AUpreacherman22 said:

Also, CHF’s philosophy and strategy for recruiting OL is much, much different than Gus.   That won’t be a consistent issue moving forward.  

This. I didn't follow recruiting much under Gus, so I've really only been educated by what I glean from here. But at the very least, it seems CHF has an overall strategy for who he wants to plug in, which I don't get the impression CGM ever had. 

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Franklin, Lindsey, Carter, Patterson …….. could Christmas be early???? Unbelievable haul if we got all 4!!!!

I feel very good about it

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That right there says it all Big Bird. I feel very good about all of them too. AU recruiting is on FIRE.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

🙋‍♀️

Cuatro

Let's FREAKING GO!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Crazy to think our high school defensive class could be completely done before the season starts except for 1 or 2 guys. Our entire D staff has done yeoman's work in recruiting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

We need to take Graham or Waller from Florida

Na. We're good. I'm happy having the 2nd best LB class in the nation on paper, especially with a guy in Coach Aldridge who is in his 1st year at a P5 school.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Na. We're good. I'm happy having the 2nd best LB class in the nation on paper, especially with a guy in Coach Aldridge who is in his 1st year at a P5 school.

You mean don't put unnecessary pressure? 

17 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

You mean don't put unnecessary pressure? 

@Randman5000 Huh? I'm just stating reality that we have the #2 LB class on paper right now.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:31 AM, Paladin said:

It is interesting because I did want Napier here and despite the record last year, I think he will do good in UF. I remember last year people were mocking because of his slow recruiting early on and I was like just wait...now they have the #3 recruiting class currently.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5

What an awesome job CHF is doing. We’re barreling towards a top 10 class, no?

Also, in the case of Bolden and many others AU was completely out of the picture and CHF made up ground in a matter of a few months. Are there any remaining or committed prospects you guys see Freeze surging with to help finish out the class?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Are there any remaining or committed prospects you guys see Freeze surging with to help finish out the class?

@AUght2win Deandre Carter & Zaquan Patterson are the biggest known fish right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUght2win Deandre Carter & Zaquan Patterson are the biggest known fish right now.

I count them as prospects we are already on. I guess I’m asking about guys that we either haven’t been heavily pursuing to date or that you could see us pursing in the near future.