2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

Florida TE commit still hearing from Auburn

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Florida tight end commit Amir Jackson visited Auburn Saturday.

He got to see the Tigers play host to No. 1 Georgia in front of a sold out Jordan Hare Stadium, and while Auburn came up short, the things surrounding the game were surprising to him.

"I loved it," Jackson said. "I didn’t think Jordan Hare was that big. They sent me a photo of it, but I didn’t believe it. It’s crazy, the fans and the atmosphere was crazy."

Amir Jackson visited Auburn for the Georgia game over the weekend. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Auburn has one tight end committed in its 2024 class with Martavious Collins, but the Tigers are looking to add another.

Jackson is one of several targets, but being a Florida commit, is an uphill battle. What's Auburn's message been to him?

"They’re telling me they’re good with whatever decision I make and they’re gonna use me how they use their tight ends," Jackson said.

Tight end Rivaldo Fairweather was the Tigers' leading receiver in a game where Auburn's passing game was improved from Texas A&M, but still not strong enough to overpower Georgia.

Fairweather had four receptions for 44 yards and the usage of tight ends is something Jackson finds important.

"Oh yeah, of course," Jackson said. "The way they’re using their tight ends, they’re all over the field. That’s how I want to be."

Auburn's tight end coach, Ben Aigamaua, keeps in regular contact with Jackson, texting him multiple times a week.

"He’s just checking up on me, making sure I’m good," Jackson said. "Pretty good coach, pretty good guy, down to earth."

Jackson is considering taking an official visit to Auburn, but hasn't decided whether or not he'll take one. He doesn't have any more visits planned at the moment as the Tigers try to flip the four-star Georgia native.

Does Auburn have a shot at doing so? Only Jackson knows.

"Can’t answer that," Jackson said.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Florida TE commit still hearing from Auburn

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Florida tight end commit Amir Jackson visited Auburn Saturday.

He got to see the Tigers play host to No. 1 Georgia in front of a sold out Jordan Hare Stadium, and while Auburn came up short, the things surrounding the game were surprising to him.

"I loved it," Jackson said. "I didn’t think Jordan Hare was that big. They sent me a photo of it, but I didn’t believe it. It’s crazy, the fans and the atmosphere was crazy."

Amir Jackson visited Auburn for the Georgia game over the weekend. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

Auburn has one tight end committed in its 2024 class with Martavious Collins, but the Tigers are looking to add another.

Jackson is one of several targets, but being a Florida commit, is an uphill battle. What's Auburn's message been to him?

"They’re telling me they’re good with whatever decision I make and they’re gonna use me how they use their tight ends," Jackson said.

Tight end Rivaldo Fairweather was the Tigers' leading receiver in a game where Auburn's passing game was improved from Texas A&M, but still not strong enough to overpower Georgia.

Fairweather had four receptions for 44 yards and the usage of tight ends is something Jackson finds important.

"Oh yeah, of course," Jackson said. "The way they’re using their tight ends, they’re all over the field. That’s how I want to be."

Auburn's tight end coach, Ben Aigamaua, keeps in regular contact with Jackson, texting him multiple times a week.

"He’s just checking up on me, making sure I’m good," Jackson said. "Pretty good coach, pretty good guy, down to earth."

Jackson is considering taking an official visit to Auburn, but hasn't decided whether or not he'll take one. He doesn't have any more visits planned at the moment as the Tigers try to flip the four-star Georgia native.

Does Auburn have a shot at doing so? Only Jackson knows.

"Can’t answer that," Jackson said.

Fairweather is selling him on being the next guy

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

There's a long way to go but it looks like AU may get 4-5 OL from high school/juco in this class after all.

Yep very good chance 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

There's a long way to go but it looks like AU may get 4-5 OL from high school/juco in this class after all.

It’s in desperation mode now!!!

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

image.gif.f30601f07815b650a19f31120c13d8d7.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

@tbone4jc No. We really like who we may potentially land.

That’s not what I meant. I mean we desperately need quality offensive linemen. My bad

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

What are we going to do with 4-5 long snappers?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

What are we going to do with 4-5 long snappers?

One for punts, one for FGs, one for PATs and two backups.    You know....Gus-logic.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Very excited about Carter, but worried he may flip to Texas. 

image.png

Very excited about Edwin joining the class, but he has more visits before he makes a decision. It also sounds like he's either underrated as a 3-start and/or has lots of potential that may take time to develop. 

image.png
I like where things seem to be heading with Dennis, but have doubts that he won't stay closer to home. 

image.png

Not sure these count, so unless there are new targets or Kalil House flips, not sure where the optimism is coming from. 

image.png

2 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Very excited about Carter, but worried he may flip to Texas. 

@HAPvsOA Yes Texas is a threat but FWIW DC communicated with AU right after his Texas visit & it  sounds positive for AU.

Very excited about Edwin joining the class, but he has more visits before he makes a decision.

True but all indication are AU is way ahead FWIW.

It also sounds like he's either underrated as a 3-start and/or has lots of potential that may take time to develop. 

He's fairly new to football.

I like where things seem to be heading with Dennis, but have doubts that he won't stay closer to home. 

They have lived in Alabama as a part of his dad's military service & enjoyed it down here.

unless there are new targets or Kalil House flips, not sure where the optimism is coming from. 

House is 1. DC is committed. That's 2. We have a big lead with Edwin. That's 3. Sounds like we can be a major player for Dennis. That's 4 reason's for optimism at minimum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

@HAPvsOA Yes Texas is a threat but FWIW DC communicated with AU right after his Texas visit & it  sounds positive for AU.

True but all indication are AU is way ahead FWIW.

He's fairly new to football.

They have lived in Alabama as a part of his dad's military service & enjoyed it down here.

House is 1. DC is committed. That's 2. We have a big lead with Edwin. That's 3. Sounds like we can be a major player for Dennis. That's 4 reason's for optimism at minimum.

Thanks for the insight. I didn't realize that Dennis had lived in Bama and you may have pushed me more into the optimistic zone with those responses. Now I'll be wondering who is the potential No. 5.....

Edited by HAPvsOA

18 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Now I'll be wondering who is the potential No. 5.....

Not sure I know. I just know the staff wants 4-5.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Now I'll be wondering who is the potential No. 5.....

House, Edwin, Carter, Echols, 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Mathematics GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5th is kinda open right now.  Dennis, Baker, the SD wrestler, and a couple of flip candidates 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Did any of the staff go to any games last night?

Caddy did. I forget what game it was, but he was def at one.