Great Article on Courtney Taylor

BustemBigBlue

Isn't this just so typical of the bammies? :lol::lol:

... Phillip Lolley, now Auburn's director of high school relations, was a secondary coach and recruited west Alabama. He heard about the quarterback with remarkable speed and athleticism. Once Lolley saw him, he was convinced.

"Once you went to watched him play, watched the way he handled himself in school and the character he had, there was no doubt he could play," Lolley says.

Taylor prayed with his family and decided he would play football at Auburn. After he announced his commitment, Alabama was suddenly interested.

"Alabama didn't offer me until I had committed to Auburn," Taylor says. "I was like ÔThat doesn't make any sense.' I was content with Auburn. I was right there in Bama's back yard and they didn't care anything about me until I committed to Auburn.

"I ended up going up there for a visit because my mom wanted me to, but I never wavered." ...

The following is the last part of the article. Taylor is definitely a quality person ... the same appears to be true of his parents also. One can't read this article without being proud of this young man. - - WAR EAGLE!!!

At the end of this season, Taylor will have another decision to make. He could leave early for the NFL or he decide to play one more Auburn season.

"The only way I say I would leave this year would be if I was a No. 1 pick, which isn't likely," Taylor says. "That's why I say I'm coming back. If I do get a chance to go to the league, that's not forever."

Taylor is on track to graduate in May with a degree in marketing, to be the first in his family to graduate from college. "That's a huge thing," Taylor says. "To me, that degree is more important than going to the NFL."

No one at home is in a hurry. When people tell Taylor's father, a custodian at Aliceville Middle School, his son might soon make him wealthy, he waves them off.

"I tell them I don't want to be rich," Walker says. "I want him to be rich. I want a good life for him. It's an opportunity for him, not me. He's the one who has earned it."

The following is the last part of the article.  Taylor is definitely a quality person ... the same appears to be true of his parents also.  One can't read this article without being proud of this young man. - - WAR EAGLE!!!

At the end of this season, Taylor will have another decision to make. He could leave early for the NFL or he decide to play one more Auburn season.

"The only way I say I would leave this year would be if I was a No. 1 pick, which isn't likely," Taylor says. "That's why I say I'm coming back. If I do get a chance to go to the league, that's not forever."

Taylor is on track to graduate in May with a degree in marketing, to be the first in his family to graduate from college. "That's a huge thing," Taylor says. "To me, that degree is more important than going to the NFL."

No one at home is in a hurry. When people tell Taylor's father, a custodian at Aliceville Middle School, his son might soon make him wealthy, he waves them off.

"I tell them I don't want to be rich," Walker says. "I want him to be rich. I want a good life for him. It's an opportunity for him, not me. He's the one who has earned it."

173895[/snapback]

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Archived