Your choice for the 3 permanent opponents?

gr82b4au

On 3/5/2023 at 8:46 AM, Mikey said:

When is Vandy not near or below .500? If you schedule Vandy, you are almost automatically scheduling a team that is near or below .500.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When Saban steps down, Bama will be in a tough spot playing against Hugh, Brian, and Josh. I'm good with that.

Word starting to circulate Bama and LSU won’t be permanent’s and we are likely getting Vandy. LSU appears likely to get Oklahoma.FWIW.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

But again, that could easily be another decade away.

Not easily at all. Highly unlikely at this point.

• Like 1

Gonna be awesome when vandy is used against us.  It's gonna happen

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Word starting to circulate Bama and LSU won’t be permanent’s and we are likely getting Vandy. LSU appears likely to get Oklahoma.FWIW.

For us it's gonna be Vandy or MSU.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

I hate defending UAT but playing three “power” teams permanently will have a disproportionate impact on the schedule. I consider the “power” teams to be the “Big Six” plus Oklahoma and the Texases (because A&M has all the resources in the world—just feels like they could become a dynasty at any time). Assuming the forecast is correct, most teams will play five “power” teams in the league a year. UAT will play 5.5. TN gets to play 4.5.

I do agree with you. New SEC will have 8 historically “power” teams and 8 that aren’t. 

No team should have 3 permanent in that regard. Alabama/LSU is a rivalry created by the media. Had Saban stayed in the NFL it would be just another big SEC matchup. Not the Super Bowl the media pretends it is every year. There’s not much long term history there. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Saban complaining must have worked if so

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I do agree with you. New SEC will have 8 historically “power” teams and 8 that aren’t. 

I'd say 9 and 7. A&M has the resources to be an upper program.

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Alabama/LSU...There’s not much long term history there. 

@woodford May want to rethink that. LSU is Bama 3rd most played opponent & Bama is LSU's 4th most played opponent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

If they're leaning towards giving us Vandy, then bama probably gets State.

• Like 2

I think Bama gets Miss St.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want the easiest possible opponents to give us the best chance to get to Atlanta. Give me Ole missy, Moo St. and FLorida/Vandy from the east. 

Sorry thats just what I want since we are in the toughest conference. I want my Tigers to win as many games as we can every year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dom1ni0n said:

LSU being paired with OU is final,

I don't think anything is final. LSU & OU would make sense as I think it would turn into a great rivalry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I don't think anything is final. LSU & OU would make sense as I think it would turn into a great rivalry.

True.   It's just some of those pairings from the SI article seem more likely now. 

But yes I'm with you LSU vs. OU could be huge. Both have rabid fan bases, both teams are typically ranked and should make for great TV.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

LSU and OU? Hmmm but that would be a nice game to watch. NS crying worked then potentially lol.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think Bama gets Miss St.

This is what I've been told.

LSU, UTk, AU 

UA, UGA, MSU or Vandy (depends on UK)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

LSU, UTk, AU 

I know. Just passing along JHead's hearing Bama- LSU likely not permanents & LSU likely getting OU instead. I have a lot of respect for both of you & your sources.

LSU, UTk, AU 

in todays articles i posted one about this. they pointed out saban whining about it as well which is gold. saban makes a joke about analytics and it is not a great look. grins

30 minutes ago, bigbird said:

LSU: TAMU, OM, Bama

Really doesn't make sense for Bama & LSU to have all 3 permanents come from the Big 9 while the other 7 of the Big 9 are getting 2, & in a case or 2, 1 of the Big 9 as permanents. Not very balanced scheduling.

Alabama doesn’t need a lower level opponent.  Alabama has played the system going back to the days of Bear Bryant.   For those that don’t know, Alabama used to schedule Vandy as an out of conference opponent so when it came to a tie, they could use Vandy as a tie breaker.   Alabama has dominated that matchup in the last 15 years and Tennessee is at best the third best team in the East.   Except for a 7 year run from 1995 to 2001 and 4 year run from 1983 to 1987, Alabama owns the series.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'd say 9 and 7. A&M has the resources to be an upper program.

@woodford May want to rethink that. LSU is Bama 3rd most played opponent & Bama is LSU's 4th most played opponent.

They have the resources, but they’re not. That is one of the most exhausted lines in CFB in the past 15 years. Last time they won 10+ games their current roster was in elementary and middle school. 

I stand corrected on the amount of times they’ve played but my point is still the same, it’s not a legendary, heated rivalry. They’ve played 85 times since 1902 and LSU has won 26 of them. .335 WP%. The rivalry was inflated when Saban took the Bama job. 

Going solely off records against each other, Bama/LSU is not that different from Auburn/MSU. That’s something you’ll NEVER hear in mainstream college football news. 

13 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Gonna be awesome when vandy is used against us.  It's gonna happen

so? that team has helped bama for years. i call it being fair for a change.

4 hours ago, woodford said:

I stand corrected on the amount of times they’ve played but my point is still the same, it’s not a legendary, heated rivalry. They’ve played 85 times since 1902 and LSU has won 26 of them. .335 WP%. The rivalry was inflated when Saban took the Bama job. 

A rivalry doesn't have to be hated to be storied. The Saban thing definitely ramped things up but it was a rich rivalry before then.

The forced Florida-OU thing is pretty stupid. Oh well, you will not be able to make everyone happy. 

• Like 1