Geriner Could Start at QB

AU-24

So back on topic...Zac reinforces that we really need a transfer QB.

Edited by AUwent

On 3/10/2023 at 7:29 AM, AUwent said:

So back on topic...Zac reinforces that we really need a transfer QB.

Not good news about the three on the roster. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Not good news about the three on the roster. 

Yeah...see my previous comments on the matter. It's Freeze's first year so 6-7 wins is forgivable (though not guaranteed with any of those three starting) as long as we have a great recruiting class coming in, which it looks like we will. But bare minimum we're going to need a transfer come Dec.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

But bare minimum we're going to need a transfer come Dec.

Edited by AUwent

If we stick with the three that are currently on campus, one of them will have a year's starting under his belt and with White coming in there should be no need for a transfer in December. We may well need a transfer right now, but after this year not so much, unless none of the current players improve.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2023 at 12:21 PM, aubiefifty said:

speaking of gus i read where he is turning over play calling abilities again. i guess folks are grumbling at ucf now.

Lol!  It must be another odd year.  Or is it even years?   I’ve forgotten already.   🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

My take on the 2023 starter at QB:

1.   A Solid Spring Transfer Pickup

2.  A Slightly less than Solid Spring Transfer Pickup.  
3.  Robby

4.  Holden

5.  Hank Brown

6.  Sawyer Pate

7.  A player from another position switches to QB and wins the job  

8.  Walker White becomes eligible due to a new unforeseen rule, forgoes his SR season at the last minute and steps on to campus and wins the starting job on day 1.  
9.  TJ Finley

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

My take on the 2023 starter at QB:

1.   A Solid Spring Transfer Pickup

2.  A Slightly less than Solid Spring Transfer Pickup.  
3.  Robby

4.  Holden

5.  Hank Brown

6.  Sawyer Pate

7.  A player from another position switches to QB and wins the job  

8.  Walker White becomes eligible due to a new unforeseen rule, forgoes his SR season at the last minute and steps on to campus and wins the starting job on day 1.  
9.  TJ Finley

Yeah I would normally be mad if we don't get a transfer pickup but I can cut some slack for the first year if we follow with a strong (top 12) class.

Edited by AUwent

If we can't land a transfer QB in May who is a definite upgrade, we may as well play the hand that was dealt and take our lumps.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, autan said:

If we can't land a transfer QB in May who is a definite upgrade, we may as well play the hand that was dealt and take our lumps.

This year, sure--first year and all. Next year though, with the advantage of a full cycle, we're going to need one. Improvement—namely, improvement that actually shows up in the record—should be expected, and we don’t want to throw WW out there as a TF.

Edited by AUwent

19 hours ago, autan said:

I mean....what i the other option?  No play?

• Haha 2

according to tank tj has taken that next step and looks really good so far. he says he thinks a big part of it is not being as afraid of his line. it is in one of the daily football articles in the last two or three days. i just believe if tj or robby have it in them to be better or even great i believe freeze and company will get it out of them. that is a lot of faith but i will stick by it until i see otherwise. and i did not mean to leave out hg. it is fun to speculate but i just want a winner. i do not care who it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

according to tank tj has taken that next step and looks really good so far. he says he thinks a big part of it is not being as afraid of his line. it is in one of the daily football articles in the last two or three days. i just believe if tj or robby have it in them to be better or even great i believe freeze and company will get it out of them. that is a lot of faith but i will stick by it until i see otherwise. and i did not mean to leave out hg. it is fun to speculate but i just want a winner. i do not care who it is.

I'm with you , 50. He's our coach and  I'm gonna see if he can build a program and develop players. WDE. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

We should see some of the QBs in the portal from places that have abundant talent on their roster but those guys didn't win the starting job and probably won't next year but can see that they could win it here.  Take a look at Ohio State, Georgia and some others.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  I take only a couple of ounces from the locked on guys as they are looking for clicks and have gone through who could start except for Pate. 

I am not sure we have someone on our roster that meets CHF's criteria at the moment but we will see.  I think the new line is pretty nasty and will continue to be. So that is a huge positive.

15 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

We should see some of the QBs in the portal from places that have abundant talent on their roster but those guys didn't win the starting job and probably won't next year but can see that they could win it here.  Take a look at Ohio State, Georgia and some others.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  I take only a couple of ounces from the locked on guys as they are looking for clicks and have gone through who could start except for Pate. 

I am not sure we have someone on our roster that meets CHF's criteria at the moment but we will see.  I think the new line is pretty nasty and will continue to be. So that is a huge positive.

UGA transfer would be pointless b/c they'd have to sit out a year due to SEC rules.

l think everyone will be find taking someone's back up post-spring.  We're going to need to do that at a few positions...just there is much more risk than taking a proven guy if we landed them in the Winter

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

UGA transfer would be pointless b/c they'd have to sit out a year due to SEC rules.

l think everyone will be find taking someone's back up post-spring.  We're going to need to do that at a few positions...just there is much more risk than taking a proven guy if we landed them in the Winter

Yeah forgot about the UGA transfer but you have to admit the OSU backup hitting the portal would be interesting.  I know Hugh said he was going after a few more folks in the portal this spring.  I think it was three positions but can't remember.  Yeah it is more risk taking an unknown but some teams have stacked QBs and we need at least 3-4 QBs on scholly.  So there are many unknowns about our QB room.  Who will transfer if they don't win? Who will be staying? To early to tell what is going to happen and how the QBs look.

26 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Yeah forgot about the UGA transfer but you have to admit the OSU backup hitting the portal would be interesting.  I

Seems to be the logical two.  Would be odd for someone to leave after spring if they were going into the spring as the starter.  

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, Fly War Eagle is the TMZ of Auburn news.

The rankings are actually from the College Football Network. Also even though CFN ranked us above Georgia and Alabama we are still 11th in the SEC 

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Geriner has not look good this spring

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Geriner has not look good this spring

Accuracy or trouble learning the offense?