Geriner Could Start at QB

AU-24

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Accuracy or trouble learning the offense?

They were throwing against air. So, accuracy.

27 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

He may have an undisclosed injury. No zip on the ball.

He may just not be that good 

• Like 2

I remember a couple of years ago saying it's going to be funny when Finley wins, because it seems so many people don't believe in him....seems like deja vu

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robby will remain #1 IMHO 

We NEED a transfer at QB.

(An odd contrast with all the hopeful news coming out of recruiting.)

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I remember a couple of years ago saying it's going to be funny when Finley wins, because it seems so many people don't believe in him....seems like deja vu

Funny haha or funny like a clown?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

They were throwing against air. So, accuracy.

mr bird there a lot of fans that throw air around would you not agree? lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

The meltdown will be splendid once again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

The meltdown will be splendid once again.

Immediately why isn't he playing so and so lol. I'm sort of looking at freeze like a QB whisperer. I hope I'm not putting too much on him though. He may need more to work with. But I'm hoping he can make one of these guys good. Finley as far as arm has potential. RA is athletic. The one guy with the big arm that's coming in.....I'm really hoping with him. I'm thinking he may be the one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

mr bird there a lot of fans that throw air around would you not agree? lol

Some air much hotter than others

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Immediately why isn't he playing so and so lol. I'm sort of looking at freeze like a QB whisperer. I hope I'm not putting too much on him though. He may need more to work with. But I'm hoping he can make one of these guys good. Finley as far as arm has potential. RA is athletic. The one guy with the big arm that's coming in.....I'm really hoping with him. I'm thinking he may be the one

If no one new transfers in I'm hoping it's RAs job again.

I'm gonna keep posting this randomly in threads, just putting the energy out there ;) 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

We NEED a transfer at QB.

(An odd contrast with all the hopeful news coming out of recruiting.)

If I can find the podcast, I was looking at today, I will copy and post it. Two guys were saying, they were at practice Monday and Auburn’s three quarterbacks were so bad, none of the three had a 70% completion percentage against air.

If you happen to know what podcast it was, will you please post? They went on to say if the spring game really meant anything, Jeremy Johnson would be a Heisman Trophy winner and Cam would not even be a starter. So who knows really?

They also mentioned McCall could graduate this summer. Obviously, the keyword there: “Could”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

I just don’t feel confident with these guys. Love the recruitment of this staff but I have to feel they very really good about McCall graduating this spring .

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's hard to fathom that a scholarship QB at AU can't complete 70 % passes against air.

Unfortunately, after the last few years , I have succumb to accepting poor qb play. If we had even average QB play things would look up. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

I just don’t feel confident with these guys. Love the recruitment of this staff but I have to feel they very really good about McCall graduating this spring .

McCall was #1 for CHF before the academics came up.  It may work out, I hope it does, but the staff is definitely not putting all their eggs in his basket so to speak.

They want 2 post Spring QB and BV may not be the option he once was. It's gonna be interesting to see the direction we head.

IMO, our starter isn't on campus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

McCall was #1 for CHF before the academics came up.  It may work out, I hope it does, but the staff is definitely not putting all their eggs in his basket so to speak.

Wait, are you saying that coaches can have some sort of a contingency plan if their first plan doesn’t work out?!?!?   That must be a new rule.   Our previous coaches didn’t operate under that idea.   

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They want 2 post Spring QB and BV may not be the option he once was. It's gonna be interesting to see the direction we head.

As long as we get someone here. We cannot go to battle with these current QBs

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, DAG said:

As long as we get someone here. We cannot go to battle with these current QBs

Exactly and McCall would've been a perfect fit.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

U think Danny Hugh is gonna take 2 QB transfers this summer?

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U think Danny Hugh is gonna take 2 QB transfers this summer?

I know he's gonna try

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I can see a scenario where Finley and Gernier both leave

Bye. They don’t seem to be getting any better 

• Like 2