StatTiger Nick Marshall highlights

aubiefifty

12 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Nick never made throws like the one's Robbie made against UGA, LSU and Bama. Those three are elite throws that not every QB can make. Again, Robbie is not a finished product but the potential is there. 

i think rob needs to grow some emotionally. he and tank got into a time or two and he would sit on the bench upset when he should be coaching. i do not mean this as a slight but the film is there other than the tank thing. again just an observation. i hope they all do great as we will be better for it.

20 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Nick never made throws like the one's Robbie made against UGA, LSU and Bama. Those three are elite throws that not every QB can make. Again, Robbie is not a finished product but the potential is there. 

I went back and watched both clips again and honestly didn't see anything RA did that Nick didn't do multiple times but I'm not a college coach either so I will eat crow if needed. However, I will give RA props all day long for his effort. It takes some real internal fortitude to come into the SEC and go up against the teams in the best conference and in the strongest division of that conference with little to no experience at QB position in college. He definitely has the "want to". 

39 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

I provided receipts, where are yours?

🙄 You’re a bit over sensitive. You provided 9 throws. Nonetheless, despite such meager “receipts” I didn’t dismiss your position- I said, “We’ll see.” I hope you’re right. I have zero investment in Robbie failing.

51 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's like I said some people just don't know how good Marshall was so they just say stuff

Nick Marshall is the total package that I want in a college QB for me personally. Sure his accuracy wasn't NFL caliber, but his other tangibles seemed to make up for it. Like he had such a good feel for the pocket it was almost surreal to watch him work his magic. If we could have had him for 4 full years there is no telling what all records he would have broken. 

And if I'm not mistaken he is very similar to RA in that he didn't have a lot of experience at QB in college until he came to AU. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

5 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Nick Marshall is the total package that I want in a college QB for me personally. Sure his accuracy wasn't NFL caliber, but his other tangibles seemed to make up for it. Like he had such a good feel for the pocket it was almost surreal to watch him work his magic. If we could have had him for 4 full years there is no telling what all records he would have broken. 

And if I'm not mistaken he is very similar to RA in that he didn't have a lot of experience at QB in college until he came to AU. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

You're right. And that's the thing he just wasn't consistent enough to be a NFL QB. He could make every throw and throws other guys couldn't make. 

You can just watch his 2013 game against Texas a&m and you could see him make all the throws on the 9 throw video AND you'll see throws like his td throw where he's being pressured and running to his left but he throws a PERFECT dart to a spot to Bray for a score. RA isn't making that pass. Only a few people could physically throw that ball. There are NFL QB's that can't make that throw. Roll left throw and you're right handed???

Just that one throw alone opened up the field and defenses for us the rest of the year. It's a DB's nightmare and now you have to prepare for it. Ask Bird how coaches see that and just shake their head. 

But because he wasn't super accurate AND he was athletic enough to play other positions people exaggerate his throwing problems. Bo Nix had waay more accuracy issues than Marshall but you won't see people say stuff like he wasn't a real QB.

I think if Nick was coming out now and if he was allowed to work with pro QB coaches he would be a NFL QB

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Started in JUCO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryland tiger said:

That's just asinine.  Here's one play vs Bama and then 2 plays later one vs LSU

26 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Robby was a HS QB then a QB full time at Oregon for 2 years, then Auburn.

Nick was a HS QB then DB at UGA, then QB at JUCO, then Auburn.  Robby has had much more time & better coaching through 3 college year than Nick had

• Like 1