2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

22 hours ago, AUwent said:

If we can't, would it be unreasonable to question if we are capable of being competitive in the current CFB landscape?

Not really. You got to remember. Most of our recruiters are at least a year behind in terms of relationships with a lot of these top recruits.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not gonna lie. I felt so pumped when Jay jacked Roman’s jaw.

The whole thing made no sense. He had basically just found out that Jimmy was purposely holding him down, and Jimmy didn’t even deny it, and then all of a sudden he’s like “I don’t care that you’ve been screwing me over behind the scenes”. Lol

It was fun to watch though. Reminded me of something from the nWo era.

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The whole thing made no sense. He had basically just found out that Jimmy was purposely holding him down, and Jimmy didn’t even deny it, and then all of a sudden he’s like “I don’t care that you’ve been screwing me over behind the scenes”. Lol

It was fun to watch though. Reminded me of something from the nWo era.

When you combine the fuller picture of what Sammy‘s been saying to Jay, plus how Roman’s been acting, it does make sense.

21 hours ago, W.E.D said:

My anger is mostly directed at Pat Nix. 

@bigbird and @augolf1716 you may already have, I still have 5 pages to read, but I don’t believe Pat Nix has anything to do with us missing Cam Coleman for the time being.

• Like 2

Hey guys. Just a friendly disclaimer. Some of us are members of the nest. For those of us who are nesters let’s make sure not to post info we learned in the nest onto the free boards. That was part of the agreement when we donated and became members of the nest. I’ve seen some info from the nest leak over to this thread. Let’s try to refrain from doing that.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Letting the Texas 2 in the SEC was a mistake. The one thing you could hold over their fat rich heads was “SEC” and you just gave those two programs the keys to the kingdom. 

Both schools already recruit. Great historically. For the most part, they haven’t developed the talent that you had. What’s to say they’re going to start developing that talent now?

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Both schools already recruit. Great historically. For the most part, they haven’t developed the talent that you had. What’s to say they’re going to start developing that talent now?

I mean I don’t subscribe to the idea that talent development is a program trait. All it’s going to take is the nailing down a decent coach. I think Texas has found a good one. A&M has a dud, thank god.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@bigbird and @augolf1716 you may already have, I still have 5 pages to read, but I don’t believe Pat Nix has anything to do with us missing Cam Coleman for the time being.

From what I've heard Pat didn't do anything to push him to TAMU.  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

What does the bookmark image mean? I apologize in advance for my ignorance. 

@passthebiscuits it means the poster is bookmarking the post to come back to at a later date.

20 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

something happened in the past week to make things change

@Maverick.AU or it happened sooner than that and the info is just now getting to secondary sources. In weird situations like this it happens that way a lot more often in recruiting than not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@HAPvsOA Craver is not a take for AU, or wasn't as of a few days ago. Bryce Cain took his spot.

Thanks and I am sure that you have better intel than me. But on a recent podcast (either ON3 or 247; can't remember), the hosts said that Craver said that Auburn was recruiting him the hardest. I'm curious if he becomes a take at some point. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not really. You got to remember. Most of our recruiters are at least a year behind in terms of relationships with a lot of these top recruits.

So you're saying it is unreasonable to question that? We landed a late teens class this year, an extra year should yield a peg higher. So is top 10 for 2025 reasonable? Two years ago we heard just wait for the 2023 class...basically you can only say "wait til next year!" so many times.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Somehow this is all @bigbirdfault. I’m trying to figure out how, though. I should have solid reasoning in a few more hours and then we can direct our attention at destroying him.

It’s definitely bird’s fault. He is back channeling info through many runners and burner phones to NWALA.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GAAubie said:

What was Pat Nix's role in this?

@GAAubie no role at all from what I’ve seen.

10 hours ago, GAAubie said:

can't believe that the commitment took Nix by surprise.

I can. When Markell Benton and his family committed to Bama a few years ago it took head coach Jamey Dubose by total surprise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

Thanks and I am sure that you have better intel than me. But on a recent podcast (either ON3 or 247; can't remember), the hosts said that Craver said that Auburn was recruiting him the hardest. I'm curious if he becomes a take at some point. 

That feels like old info TBH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

So you're saying it is unreasonable to question that?

@AUwent 1st full year with a lot of the assistants coming from P5 jobs where they weren’t recruiting the same caliber recruits and not having a preexisting relationship with some of the big time recruits we are working on now, yes it would be unreasonable to question their ability to recruit in the current football landscape if we miss on some or a good bit of the elite recruits in this 1st full class.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

an extra year should yield a peg higher.

And you can do that missing on a good number of elite rated recruits as AU have done many times.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

So is top 10 for 2025 reasonable?

Definitely 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

wait for the 2023 class...basically you can only say "wait til next year!" so many times

As fans We didn’t know what we were getting with Mr. Potato Head. Freeze is anything but Mr. Potato Head.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent 1st full year with a lot of the assistants coming from P5 jobs where they weren’t recruiting the same caliber recruits and not having a preexisting relationship with some of the big time recruits we are working on now, yes it would be unreasonable to question their ability to recruit in the current football landscape if we miss on some or a good bit of the elite recruits in this 1st full class.

And you can do that missing on a good number of elite rated recruits as AU have done many times.

Definitely 

As fans We didn’t know what we were getting with Mr. Potato Head. Freeze is anything but Mr. Potato Head.

I’d be pretty disappointed with a class that’s outside of the top 10 this year. I think it’s reasonable to have expected that. The NIL situation was supposed to be fixed and the coaches have put so much time and energy into recruiting. If they work this hard and practically get marginally better than what Hankins got, that’s a disappointment and I’m sure they’d feel it as a disappointment too. 

In order to get in that top 7ish range we gotta land some game changers and those game changers are probably the guys who are going to make the difference in keeping us competitive with Georgia and Bama. If we dont land guys like that, we aren’t going to compete imo. Gotta have em.

Whether people want to admit it or not, July is going to be massive for the 2024 class. We need Perry Thompson and Riddick to flip. And they gotta start landing some trench guys too.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It’s definitely bird’s fault. He is back channeling info through many runners and burner phones to NWALA.

Yes, that's correct.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

NIL is always going to be a wildcard now. Saban wasn't ranting about Jimbo last year for no reason.  The aggies are throwing around stupid amounts of money.  Sometimes kids are gonna go for it, and I can't blame them.  It's sorta like being an NFL team with a salary cap, only all the caps aren't equal.  I'm very happy to have a guy like Freeze in charge of it all.  We need a guy who is always focused on it, and who is a wheeler-dealer at heart. That's Freeze. We'll be fine, but we'll be playing catch up for a while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

NIL is always going to be a wildcard now. Saban wasn't ranting about Jimbo last year for no reason.  The aggies are throwing around stupid amounts of money.  Sometimes kids are gonna go for it, and I can't blame them.  It's sorta like being an NFL team with a salary cap, only all the caps aren't equal.  I'm very happy to have a guy like Freeze in charge of it all.  We need a guy who is always focused on it, and who is a wheeler-dealer at heart. That's Freeze. We'll be fine, but we'll be playing catch up for a while.

So it’s the 90’s and Aggie is the Yankees. We are the Padres or some sh*t. Point is, we don’t have Jeter, Bernie Williams, and Andy Petittite. Lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Definitely 

Well, I was a bit concerned with how many Liberty transplants we hired, especially coming off the Boise crew. I was told my concerns were unfounded, and was slightly more confident when we were able to get a few key flips and transfers. But this brings them back to a head. I get that we're probably on a budget after how much Leath cost us, but yeah.

I do feel to get to that top 15 mark, though, we are going to need roughly four of Blocton, Crawford, Shaw, Perry, Riddick and Coleman plus those we already have.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’d be pretty disappointed with a class that’s outside of the top 10 this year

Shouldn’t be. Top 12 should have been the realistic goal.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The NIL situation was supposed to be fixed

Maybe but that doesn’t mean we are a Top 10 NIL program. Most of the big schools have established NIL programs. Our NIL could be “fixed” and we could still be 18th to 20th in NIL in theory.

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

the coaches have put so much time and energy into recruiting

Ok but that doesn’t necessarily make up for the relationship timing gap.

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If they work this hard and practically get marginally better than what Hankins got, that’s a disappointment

Shouldn’t be given how far some of our coaches were behind our competitors. If it’s only marginally better this year then we should have a better indicator how good they are in the 2nd and/or 3rd full cycles. If we get top 10 or better this year given the disadvantages they have then we will know this year they are studs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If we dont land guys like that, we aren’t going to compete imo. Gotta have em

Extremely difficult to land them in the 1st full cycle especially given some of our assistants didn’t have a preexisting relationship with a good number of the top tier guys.