2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

The object is to pay top-tier guys, top-tier money. I don't think Hugh is the issue.  It has been uttered that Hugh is frustrated by the way Auburn has done things. I imagine if Hugh had it his way things will be going on in a different manner. 

But either way, these guys didn't just forget how to recruit in two months

And that's the thing...we were all being told that we had the $ needed.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've got a feeling Hugh understand the object is to pay kids.

Either we got lied to or massively outbid or both

Outbid.  This is a new day in college sports.  When a SEC baseball coach can pay $250,000 to a transfer portal pitcher, just imagine what a team like A&M can pay to a legit 5 stat difference maker in a skill position.  It sucks for us but it is what it is.

Just now, AUwent said:

Clearly, that is false. But I hear ya.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It has been uttered that Hugh is frustrated by the way Auburn has done things.

This sounds all too familiar. Guy hasn’t even been here through one season yet and he’s already frustrated at Auburn getting in its own way. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

This sounds all too familiar. Guy hasn’t even been here through one season yet and he’s already frustrated at Auburn getting in its own way. 

I don't want to make this more true than what it is. Just from inklings, I've seen in other forums. That is still no excuse. The hard truth is we are in an arms race. So the things that people thought were embarrassing to him in the past better get over it. We better start using all the perks we can get and give for these top-tier guys because I can't see us solely outbidding the texas schools. Not even Bama can do that, but there are other ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hence why I'm admittedly quite upset. Because if we just don't have the $, how are we going to actually compete with our rivals? And if we can't, it just feels too painful to try to pretend we can.

Edited by AUwent

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

It has been uttered that Hugh is frustrated by the way Auburn has done things

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Seems like we wre back to blaming compliance 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Seems like we wre back to blaming compliance 

Yeah that is what I said. Man, you are exhausting. I am over it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yeah that is what I said. Man, you are exhausting. I am over it.

I'm just adding to the discussion. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

I'm just adding to the discussion. 

You literally aren't adding a single thing to the discussion. You offer no solutions.  You respond to people with your own criticizing assumptions. I never blamed compliance, so why would you say that? 

• Like 2

Letting the Texas 2 in the SEC was a mistake. The one thing you could hold over their fat rich heads was “SEC” and you just gave those two programs the keys to the kingdom. 

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Letting the Texas 2 in the SEC was a mistake. The one thing you could hold over their fat rich heads was “SEC” and you just gave those two programs the keys to the kingdom. 

Well, if it means they can take UAT's place as teh big bullies in the SEC...

image.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

All I know is the top tier guys need top tier perks. PERIOD.  I am sure this guy whole family is getting something from the aggies not just him. That is what it is going to take. Oh you want a fancy dancy car too? What color? Your girl needs a job? Let me see what I can do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

You literally aren't adding a single thing to the discussion. You offer no solutions.  You respond to people with your own criticizing assumptions. I never blamed compliance, so why would you say that? 

I didn't realize we were trying to solve our recruiting woes when 1 guy from a place literally never get kids from went elsewhere. 

I never said you blamed compliance. I said it's what we're back to. It's one thing Hugh is rumored to be frustrated about. I've seen it mentioned on a few boards.

Not arguing with you....attempting to add to the discussion 

Just now, W.E.D said:

I didn't realize we were trying to solve our recruiting woes when 1 guy from a place literally never get kids from went elsewhere. 

I never said you blamed compliance. I said it's what we're back to. It's one thing Hugh is rumored to be frustrated about. I've seen it mentioned on a few boards.

Not arguing with you....attempting to add to the discussion 

What? Who said anything about solving recruiting woes? Lol. I am literally talking about what we should be doing to combat this one specific FIVE STAR WR, you are talking about walker white (Random) and blaming compliance. I blame us, so what are we going to do? I guess I can go in full panic mode.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

As disappointing as this is, if we land Joe Phillips and Riddick, we just went head to head with Bama and UGA for two elite defensive players and won.

This is frustrating, but I do agree it shouldn't cause a massive panic 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

As disappointing as this is, if we land Joe Phillips and Riddick, we just went head to head with Bama and UGA for two elite defensive players and won.

This is frustrating, but I do agree it shouldn't cause a massive panic 

Signing Crawford, Riddick, Thompson, and Phillips would *more than* make up for losing Coleman.

That being said, of course Damari is going to say he's happy with anyone we sign.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, DAG said:

Who said anything about solving recruiting woes?

You said I wasn't offering solutions to our current issues. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Lol. I am literally talking about what we should be doing to combat this one specific FIVE STAR WR, you are talking about walker white (Random) and blaming compliance.

Compliance is rumored to be an issue with NIL. That's directly tied to all yhe free money you're suggesting above. I'm not sure why that is a combative statement??? 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I blame us, so what are we going to do? I guess I can go in full panic mode.

Idk, if Aggies dropped a bag we can't remotely match....I can only blame us bc we didn't see it coming and/or our recruiting sites were blinded by it.

We're about to go head to head and win vs UGA (Phillips) and Bama (Riddick) for two elite defensive players. 

Is there really that much to fix or did we just get screwed on this one but still gonna get our fair share???

• Like 2

To me this dude showed his hand by committing to aggies and not in a negative way.  He understands what he is worth and rightfully so. Now we can either match it with a better offer or move on? It would be different if he went to Bama and UGA.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Signing Crawford, Riddick, Thompson, and Phillips would *more than* make up for losing Coleman.

Yeah. Would be a massive haul.

Then let jimbo and Petrino implode and pull Cam back in

• Like 2

Just now, W.E.D said:

You said I wasn't offering solutions to our current issues. 

Compliance is rumored to be an issue with NIL. That's directly tied to all yhe free money you're suggesting above. I'm not sure why that is a combative statement??? 

Idk, if Aggies dropped a bag we can't remotely match....I can only blame us bc we didn't see it coming and/or our recruiting sites were blinded by it.

We're about to go head to head and win vs UGA (Phillips) and Bama (Riddick) for two elite defensive players. 

Is there really that much to fix or did we just get screwed on this one but still gonna get our fair share???

Fair points. my bad man I apologize. I am frustrated as well but don't think this one, in particular, is over. 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Fair points. my bad man I apologize. I am frustrated as well but don't think this one, in particular, is over. 

Didn't communicate points clearly enough...but yeah this one out of left field is annoying 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

image.jpeg

Just now, W.E.D said:

Didn't communicate points clearly enough...but yeah this one out of left field is annoying 

I mean there is no spinning this one. We have to get players like this to compete. It does nothing if Texas A&M is trash with high recruits and we still aren't able to compete because we couldn't land them. 

• Like 1