2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

And I thought Tim Cook didn't really bankroll the athletics program at all?

He must be one of the silent billionaires backing AU that WDE mentions.  I’ve never even seen where Tim Cook cared one fig about athletics, but I guess that’s the whole point of staying silent in the background.

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So far I’m impressed with Hugh and what he is doing. It’s hard to explain and talk about things he is doing on a message board but I’m impressed so far. Some little things that matter big with recruiting. He damn sure gets it. 

Freeze appears the type of coach/person who would drive down to the Athletic complex on a Sunday afternoon if a nice recruit showed up unexpectedly. Even if it put a crimp in afternoon plans. And likely already has

3 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Those two on the left are enjoying it just a little too much.

Your not supposed to hold the person down or try to stop any movements during a seizure 

11 hours ago, southern_sports said:

He seems to be selling "Auburn" better than any coach has in a while. I think that goes to show how much respect he had for Auburn/Gus in past and possibly how much he coveted the job.

People scoffed when he was hired and they will always scoff but we landed a diamond in the rough IMO we're lucky he didn't end up at another program on the same level or above us.

When I say little things, it's things like remembering something that he was told by a recruit, family names, stuff like this that really matter. His memory of things like this is extortionary I'm told. He has to remind his good recruiters stuff about kids all the time and expects them to find out more about the kid and his family. Dye could also do this. It's a unique talent a lot of people don't have. 

• Like 6

On 7/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, bigbird said:

SmoggySereneElver-size_restricted.gif

New Miyagi technique

Wave hello, swim backstroke, open cabinet doors, swim backstroke again.

giphy.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

When I say little things, it's things like remembering something that he was told by a recruit, family names, stuff like this that really matter. His memory of things like this is extortionary I'm told. He has to remind his good recruiters stuff about kids all the time and expects them to find out more about the kid and his family. Dye could also do this. It's a unique talent a lot of people don't have. 

Sounds like Hugh possesses the personal touch when dealing with people and while others keep it a strictly business concept.  This is a great quality to have at a place like Auburn, it just makes him "fit" better here than most because at Auburn it's all about Family.  Any way he chooses to ingratiate himself to the nation's top talent and get them signed in December is a positive for AU. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Sounds like Hugh possesses the personal touch when dealing with people and while others keep it a strictly business concept.  This is a great quality to have at a place like Auburn, it just makes him "fit" better here than most because at Auburn it's all about Family.  Any way he chooses to ingratiate himself to the nation's top talent and get them signed in December is a positive for AU. 

I've known some pastors with that ability and I'm not kidding. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I've known some pastors with that ability and I'm not kidding. 

Most definitely.  Auburn benefits from having the Right Reverand Hugh Freeze.  

Every program operates with whatever gives them the upper hand.  Selling faith, family, football works and so does selling a stocked trophy case and a clear path to the NFL, etc.   I believe Hugh knows what sells Auburn and he uses what he has in his arsenal.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 5:38 PM, ellitor said:

@gr82b4au nope! There are conflicting reports on whether AU is going to fight this one or not. So until all sources say AU has moved on the thread stays in this forum.

Is AU still fighting for Coleman?  

6 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Is AU still fighting for Coleman?  

@JerryAU Doesn't appear to be. Glad you bumped this thread because it reminded me I need to move it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2023 at 10:25 PM, SumterAubie said:

Those two on the left are enjoying it just a little too much.

They bump helmets!

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Cam Coleman ... Don't give up on him coming to AU🫢. Just an FYI from today

A couple of AU insiders and reporters have said AU has moved on FWIW.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Bring it back!!!

@AuCivilEng1 Gotta wait for Bird or an AU recruiting reporter to say we are back in it. JLee had us at a measelu 10% in his latest hot board.

• 5 weeks later...