softball vs Georgia

Crazy. Identical.  77 dives and doubles up at 1st. In the same day!!!

Edited by AUBwins

I don’t know how much longer I can take this. Widra bunts out to end the inning with a runner at first. Why bunt?? Swing away. Abbey Smith on deck. McCondichie speed scores on a gapper. Dean cannot coach these type of games to save his life. 

• Like 1

Ellis strikeout ends 10th for Auburn.  That was a result of that low strike call before that.  She felt she had to go down there to get it.  

Auburn loses, of course. Don’t blame Penta for this at all. This team has got to learn how to hit the ball consistently and string some hits together. It’s a broken record and our bats gave Penta her first blemish of the season. It’s pitiful, it’s aggravating, and it’s annoying. How much longer do we have to suffer through crappy performances against somewhat good pitchers for Dean to finally wise up and figure out how to hit a damn ball. Sorry for the rant, but I’m over this. 

• Like 3

Maybe we should stop running out of innings to be able to string hits together. It must be about approach at the plate.  Because we have talent on offense. 

I just think MD is like Gus was. He could probably be a good pithing coach, but just doesn't understand coaching hitting and situations well enough to be a head coach ( at least not in the SEC).  I hope he proves me wrong, but it just looks like SSDY.  If we don't at least win a regional this year, its time for him to go.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Big Fat Barner said:

Auburn loses, of course. Don’t blame Penta for this at all. This team has got to learn how to hit the ball consistently and string some hits together. It’s a broken record and our bats gave Penta her first blemish of the season. It’s pitiful, it’s aggravating, and it’s annoying. How much longer do we have to suffer through crappy performances against somewhat good pitchers for Dean to finally wise up and figure out how to hit a damn ball. Sorry for the rant, but I’m over this. 

We suck every year against good competition. 

And I don't see the point of throwing together cupcakes other than Dean wants to do he can throw a many young people in a possible. Be came from James Madison so maybe he doesn't even know better idk. But as said, you don't advance the program that way.  Why is UL Lafayette one of the contenders every year in softball for at least a Super? Because they challenge themselves against the best every pre conference.  Some of that has to do with building the resume early to combat the poor conference as a whole, but one could argue the Sun Belt has turned into one of the tougher G5 conferences in softball. 

• Like 1

SEC teams are figuring out Penta.  GA struggled the first time through the line up but made adjustments and didn't chase the rise ball as often.  Once a team figures that out, she has to bring the ball into the zone then these good batters will hit her.  Funny how GA coach had enough faith in his pitching STAFF to make a change even though the pitcher had shut down the Tigers.   OUT COACHED again.  

• WarTiger changed the title to softball vs Georgia

Well that was disappointing and like I said we are starting the SEC Standings Slide down to the bottom of the conference again.... so frustrating but predictable at this point with MD... easy beginning of the year nonconference schedule getting everyone's hopes up and stats.... then uh oh..... big girl ball.... I'd rather play a tough nonconference schedule than not be tested where the girls have to figure out how to win early.... just my opinion and my rant... sorry

• Like 1

while talking about CMD, what is it with him?  one of my daughter's best friends is very good HS sophomore shortstop and hitter----plays for Bham Bolts and won their division nationally the past 2 years---has repeatedly said, she WILL NOT play for AU because of the coach.  She also said that alot of people do not like him...not sure what that means either.   However, he does seem to recruit decently but can't get over the hump.  I have never met the man and am limited on my softball knowledge (baseball guy typically).