softball vs Georgia

Girls win 6-5. Homeruns by Ellis, Garcia (2 run shot in 5th to put AU up 6-4), and Peralta (lead off shot). Lowe started - 2 solid innings and wheels came off in 3rd. Widra relieved - walked first batter and hit second so forced in 2 runs which made Lowe leave with 2.1 innings and 3 earned runs. Widra got the other two outs and pitched the 4th, giving up HR which tied score again. Penta pitched last 3 innings. Runner on first with 2 out and next batter hit a shot off center field wall. Packer played it perfectly off the wall and threw the batter out at 2nd to seal the game. Very good win!

• Like 6

Also, because of the weather forecast for Sunday, tomorrow (Saturday) will be a double-header. I think first game is at noon and second at 5pm (doing this from memory so don't hold me to these times but will be Eastern time zone)

• Like 1

Sounds close to what I heard.  I assume as well those times are Eastern.   First game is on ESPN and the second one is on ESPN+.  It was good to see the bats come out.  Bri's shot was an absolute Bomb to CF well up in the trees past the bleachers.  Garcia's made it just inside the foul pole in left.  Lisenby had a nice double to drive in 2.  Maddie made it interesting in the bottom of the 7th and Packer mad a great play.  CMD rolled the dice with the pitching and lucked out tonight.   If we are going to pitch by committee, Rolfe and Tresvick are going to have to contribute.  Speaking of Tresvick, is she hurt?  It may be a long year.

Edited by saminbama

After the disappointing outing against GA Tech on Wednesday it was a relief to see the Auburn women swinging the bats tonight - a great road win!   Shelby Lowe hasn't (yet) pitched as well this season as she did her freshman year.  Hope she's just a little rusty and will snap back soon; otherwise it may be a long season.  Looks like we're depending on Penta, Lowe and Widra this year.  Both Tresvik and Rolfe have pitched a few innings but it appears they need some additional time to develop so not sure how much of them we'll see going forward (assuming Penta, Lowe and Widra stay healthy).

TV for tomorrow:  1st game on SEC network at 11:00 CST.  Second game will stream on SEC+  approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of game 1.

Well pleased with the effort tonight.  Superb play by Packer to end the game; close call at second.  I assume the ump had a better view; Georgia didn't complain, so it must have looked closer to me than it really was. Really proud of Lisenby for that 2-run double. Ellis' home run a monster, came down at least 75 feet past the fence. Ellis last AB may have been the most important. She fouled off 3 pitches after the count went full, and finally drew the 2-out walk that provided the final margin when Garcia homered.

To answer a question above, Tresvik played lf the last 3 innings. McCrary made the last out after Garcia's homer, so Icess never came to the plate. Seemed like a defensive substitution. Will be interesting to see what the pitching plan is for tomorrow.
  • Like 2

I imagine we will come with Penta today in first game.  If we win this game, Dean may use other pitchers to start game 2. 

• Like 1

We needed that win last night. 

With a stolen base last night, I read that Packer is now tied at 3rd in program history. 

That Bri bomb was literally a bomb 😆 and oppo with such ease.  She has so much power.  If on Twitter, Bri and her sister are a fun follow.  Emily takes cracks at Bri all the time.  Her dad gets involved as well.  Fun family.  Love seeing how much fun they have together. 

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I imagine we will come with Penta today in first game.  If we win this game, Dean may use other pitchers to start game 2. 

Leading with Lowe again today.  Looks like same lineup all around.

Ga batter just turned a hard hit single into a triple and then Garcia and Packer let a routine fly ball drop for a hit. That was inexcusable! 1-0 Uga after 2.

• Sad 1

2 groundouts and a lazy fly ball in T3rd.  1st time thru: 2 walks, 3 K's, no hits.   Uga with a 2 run HR B3rd.

3-0 Uga... We screwing the pooch this game.

2 straight hits for Uga B4 and its 4-0. Every close call going to Uga.

Pop out to end B4.

4-0 Uga after 4.

We have done nothing at the plate. 1hit so far.  Let's change that real quick.

T5: Packer weak Pop Out to SS Godwin: K. 2 Out,,,, Widra:K looking!

We should put this game film on a "How Not To Hit Film"

Edited by ArgoEagle

T6---Piralta Fly out to the wall(1st decently hit ball since the 3rd inning.)  Cox Weak Fly out to left---Blaine K swinging.  4-0 Uga

Our girls look hung over today. Can't even resemble a hard hit ball, catcher can't throw base stealers out. Even Rolfehas given up a run on a wild pitch.   5-0 Uga  1 out. Rolfe another walk. What the crap?? 

Error and wild throw. Runners 1st and 3rd-2 Outs...  Hard line out to left.... 5-0 Uga after 6....

One more chance...

We just made this pitcher look like an all-American. Kerpics is at best, a SEC third team member, this so typical of Dean. She went rise and change on two strikes nearly every time, how could we not make adjustments??

T7---Ellis up:  Weak Pop up to 2B.

Denver:  Bunt hit(only 2nd hit of the game). Tresvik up: Fly out CF--2 out

Packer up:Another K to end the game.

Flush this game!!!!!! Learn how to hit a softball between now and 5 o'clock, and win tonight!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

T7---Ellis up:  Weak Pop up to 2B.

Denver:  Bunt hit(only 2nd hit of the game). Tresvik up: Fly out CF--2 out

Packer up:Another K to end the game.

Flush this game!!!!!! Learn how to hit a softball between now and 5 o'clock, and win tonight!!!!!!!!!

We play at 2:20, not 5. 

45 minutes ago, Big Fat Barner said:

We play at 2:20, not 5. 

If we don't play much better, it don't matter what time the game starts.

• Like 2

2 outs, Packer on second and Denver at the plate. First pitch: Dean/Lenti tries to steal Packer to third, 3 outs. WITH PACKER’s SPEED SHE SCORES ON A BASE HIT! WHAT ARE WE DOING?! Once again, Dean proves his incompetent coaching can and will only hinder. 

Auburn needed 3 outs to preserve a 2 run lead for series win ... 2 run home run for GA and now in extras.  We haven't scored since going 4-0. Not liking our odds

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Auburn needed 3 outs to preserve a 2 run lead for series win ... 2 run home run for GA and now in extras.  We haven't scored since going 4-0. Not liking our odds

Yeah I’m think there is zero chance we win this one.