TJ Finley to transfer?

AuburnWarVet

🤷‍♂️ time will tell. It seemed like he wasn't able to do much during his time here. He had some flashes at times, but overall wasn't able to do much at LSU, and wasn't able to do much here. He tried his best, and I hope he can go somewhere where he can compete and play to the best of his abilities. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

🤷‍♂️ time will tell. It seemed like he wasn't able to do much during his time here. He had some flashes at times, but overall wasn't able to do much at LSU, and wasn't able to do much here. He tried his best, and I hope he can go somewhere where he can compete and play to the best of his abilities. 

If he can’t play here.... he’d better drop down a division or two. 

• Like 2

Just now, alexava said:

If he can’t play here.... he’d better drop down a division or two. 

That sounds about right

45 minutes ago, nurbis said:

“Just from the competition standpoint, they brought in Zach Calzada, they brought in Robby Ashford, in my head, to me, that’s a slap in the face that you don’t believe in what you already have.

Not a fan of this comment. It isn't a slap in the face to bring in other players at your position. Injuries happen. That was what happened to Nix and Finley himself. Finley proved not to be a solid backup for Nix and then we did not have a backup for Finley when he was injured.

Second, if you believe in your own abilities then you should not worry about competition. The coach's job is to get the best players on the field, not give guarantees to players that they will be the starter just by being on the team. Believe in yourself, prove you are the best, and then you will start. That is how competition works. You do what is best for the team and if you are what is best for the team then you will play.  

agreed. especially as bad as our o-line was, we couldn't keep QBs from getting injured. shoot, with that O-line from last few seasons we may need a new, fresh QB for each game!

There is so much that I would like to say but I will just say this: thank you for your time at AU and we wish you the best as you move on after you graduate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• WarTiger changed the title to TJ Finley to transfer?
2 hours ago, AuburnWarVet said:

“He was kind of running the ball and I was kind of throwing the ball. Luckily we played teams like Mercer and San Jose State but by the time we got closer to Penn State and those teams, they kind of had it figured out that when I was out of the game we were going to run the ball and when I was in the game we were going to throw”

It’s obvious this guy isn’t a good SEC level QB but I’m starting to think he’s a cancer for a team. He forgot to mention him throwing the ball to Mercer and SJSU players instead of his own. He had every chance to go into the PSU game as the starter but blew it with his performance. Needs to learn accountability. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

“He was kind of running the ball and I was kind of throwing the ball. Luckily we played teams like Mercer and San Jose State but by the time we got closer to Penn State and those teams, they kind of had it figured out that when I was out of the game we were going to run the ball and when I was in the game we were going to throw”

It’s obvious this guy isn’t a good SEC level QB but I’m starting to think he’s a cancer for a team. He forgot to mention him throwing the ball to Mercer and SJSU players instead of his own. He had every chance to go into the PSU game as the starter but blew it with his performance. Needs to learn accountability. 

Well you don’t have to be Sean McVay to figure that one out. Man I cannot wait to get some competent QBs here 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well you don’t have to be Sean McVay to figure that one out. Man I cannot wait to get some competent QBs here 

It’s been a minute for sure. 

3 hours ago, nurbis said:

“Just from the competition standpoint, they brought in Zach Calzada, they brought in Robby Ashford, in my head, to me, that’s a slap in the face that you don’t believe in what you already have.

Not a fan of this comment. It isn't a slap in the face to bring in other players at your position. Injuries happen. That was what happened to Nix and Finley himself. Finley proved not to be a solid backup for Nix and then we did not have a backup for Finley when he was injured.

Second, if you believe in your own abilities then you should not worry about competition. The coach's job is to get the best players on the field, not give guarantees to players that they will be the starter just by being on the team. Believe in yourself, prove you are the best, and then you will start. That is how competition works. You do what is best for the team and if you are what is best for the team then you will play.  

His continued ME attitude is one of the reasons as to why I didn't want them to allow Finley back on the team. Another reason is that he's NOT an SEC QB(See Jeremy Johnson). He is a slap in the face to being a good team player. 

Edited by GAAubie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nurbis said:

I get being annoyed and frustrated that there is 1 QB spot and Harsin brought in 2 players...but yah just can't say things like this.

Especially when he was literally the "competition" that was brought in vs a 2 year starter.  He was the mistress before being the one getting cheated on.

What's more...it's not like he had a solid foundation that demanded respect.  He did nothing that should have handed him the starting job the next year.  He won the job then did nothing.  Then quit the team.  Then was bad (along with all our other QBs) this spring.

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man I cannot wait to get some competent QBs here 

Competent QBs and a sophisticated offense.  Lord we deserve it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a great video for a great hit from the '80's. The first fews lines sum up my feelings on the transfer portal...Go if you want to go, stay if you want to stay, I didn't care if you hung around, I didn't care if you went away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not usually one to pile on a player for his personality or comments. But with Nix-TJ-Ashford, we have seen a pattern of QB's that aren't particularly good at throwing a football or leading a team. 

• Thanks 1

I think TJ is (1) immature/lacks judgment (see e.g. being an easy to recognize large, 6'7" athlete with long dreads riding a scooter in a college town in broad daylight without a helmet and making the decision that running from police was the best option) (2) is entitled (see e.g. the coaches thought it was okay to bring in 2 transfers to challenge me and I took it as a slap in the face say as opposed to "I took it as a wake-up call" and (3) lacks the athletic superiority to overcome 1 and 2.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I prefer him to vacate the building myself. He's a potential cancer. 

The sooner the better. 

His comments tell me all I need to know. 

All I can tell him is he better get used to competition. He'll face it his entire life no matter what road he takes. If someone is not coveting your job it's not worth having.

• Like 2

I am ready for him to move on- after he quit the team and threw his offensive linemen under the bus on social media I really think it is time. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nurbis said:

The obvious irony is that he was "brought in" under the same circumstances. Apparently in his mind, that doesn't apply to him because of excuses and all that. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

The one caveat to my prior comment and rebuttal to the gist of this thread:

Anyone who played under Harsin for two years has a right to be pissed. 

• Like 3