Nip Update

WarTim

HEAT INDEX in the 100's ! :(:angry:

Just think, last year the Nip was "called" on Aug. 15th. We moved our youngest Daughter into the dorm for her Freshman year on that day in '04. Well, we moved her into her apt. yesterday, the 15th, and there was NO NIP, nor anything that resembled a Nip, to be found. Beleive me, I have been "looking" high and low. No leaves turning, no "smells" of Fall, not even the slightest hint of a COOL breeze.

Take heart. I know that the day is just around the corner when the sights and sounds of Auburn Football will fill the air with Joy. It is just SOOO H O T that it seems light years away.

If any of you think that you are tuned into the "Nip" and have caught a glimpse or even a subtle "sign", please let me know. This whole "getting older" thing may have lessened my "Nip sensing abilities".

Hang in there and WAR :au: EAGLE!

Hurry NIP Hurry! :D

HEAT INDEX in the 100's !  :(   :angry:

Just think, last year the Nip was "called" on Aug. 15th. We moved our youngest Daughter into the dorm for her Freshman year on that day in '04. Well, we moved her into her apt. yesterday, the 15th, and there was NO NIP, nor anything that resembled a Nip, to be found. Beleive me, I have been "looking" high and low. No leaves turning, no "smells" of Fall, not even the slightest hint of a COOL breeze.

Take heart. I know that the day is just around the corner when the sights and sounds of Auburn Football will fill the air with Joy. It is just SOOO H O T that it seems light years away.

If any of you think that you are tuned into the "Nip" and have caught a glimpse or even a subtle "sign", please let me know. This whole "getting older" thing may have lessened my "Nip sensing abilities".

Hang in there and WAR :au: EAGLE!

Hurry NIP Hurry! :D

174375[/snapback]

I think the combination of heat and humidity is the worst today it's been all Summer.

Tim buddy, if you are waiting on some cooler fall like weather it will be the end of the season before you would call the Nip. However, if you look into the heart of the matter, the excitement filling the air on the Plains, the number of Auburn faithful coming out to watch practices, hearing CTT speak to the Kiwanis clubs, and I could go on and on. I am telling you brother the Auburn faithful, especially me, are so anxious about college football starting back that I am about to pe..oops to much info..my bad. I have talked to my older brother,bless his heart, an Alabama man, can't blame him too much though he did fork out a bunch of $$ to send his wife thru school there, about the SEC for 30 minutes the other night. Everybody is ready for some football!! We are a mere 18 days from the kickoff of the 2005-2006 football season. Tim, the time for the Nip is here, It is called the Spirit of AUBURN!!!!!!!

:au: WAR EAGLE!!!! :au:

Someone that lives near Wartim start a fire in your fireplace or burn some leaves. Nothing smells like NIP than a fire burning.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Tim, do not call the nip if the nip is not present. Just as ITAT will not start a babe thread before it is time, neither should you call the nip with the heat the way it is. The nip will be here before you know it.

Do not bow to the pressure and call the nip before it actually gets here, man!

Tim, I'm currently on a project in downtown San Francisco, CA. High today is 66, low tonight is 55. Does that qualify??? :D

OMG I would give anything to have that high. High today was 93 in Gainesville, and the Heat index was over 100.

we must be patient-

The nip is many things besides the heat index, but it still doesn't feel or smell nipish outside on Saturday mornings...but it WILL come. It's like waiting for ketchup...its better if anticipated. :dance:

I remember the calling of the "nip" last year, and the weather did support the call. Someone might wish to pull last year's calling of the nip up and make it current or place it on the classics forum for all to view.

BTW WT, if you have a small tree outside your window, you may wish to try some orange, red, and yellow . . . oh hell, some orange and blue spray paint on the leaves to justify the inevitable call!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE, HEY!

I will take it upon myself to show up at Tim's and fill the air with the smell of burning leaves.

Just don't call the cops.

It was a nice and crisp 62 degrees this morning in the shadows of Mt Vesuvius.

The Nip should only be called when the Nip is present. Anyone can step out of their house on Feburary 2nd and see their shadow or not, but it takes Punxsutawney Phil to make it official. The Nip is no different.

WarTim, my friend, call it when you know it is here. I defer to your most wise judgement!

It was a nice and crisp 62 degrees this morning in the shadows of Mt Vesuvius.

The Nip should only be called when the Nip is present. Anyone can step out of their house on Feburary 2nd and see their shadow or not, but it takes Punxsutawney Phil to make it official. The Nip is no different.

WarTim, my friend, call it when you know it is here. I defer to your most wise judgement!

174496[/snapback]

we had low int he high 50's on Monday in Massachusetts...the rain Sunday night broke our last heat wave of the summer...we definitely got nippage up here in Boston.

I remember not sensing the nip in alabama until the two-a-days were over for high school ball and we had our annual bbq fundraiser one week before our first friday night game...the field around the football had to have been cut recently and it had to be nighttime so that it wasn't quite as hot as usual

After three weeks of drought and one week of storms, I mowed the lawn last night for the first time in a month. Temps here in the midwest are still hitting the mid 90s, but the fresh cut grass had that smell of late summer. I think we'll have a late nip this year though.

One request, when the nip is called, can it be moved to the top section of the page? I won't have much time to search the boards and would like to know when it happens. Plus, it's becoming a WEN tradition.

Looks like a cold front coming into Alabama early next week. :)

Jaydub...lets plan that burning for Monday or Tuesday. :D

Hurry Nip...Hurry!

I ,too, have heard news of this "expected" cold front as mentioned by the local weather guessers.

I will be ever vigilant and have my eyes and ears open.(Nostrils too!) :D

p.s. Jaydubb, My Lovelly Bride will be on watch for you in our yard. :P

i firmly believe what we're experiencing right now is what derailed our 2003 season. the season started PRIOR to the nip occuring, therfore causing our miserable performance against USC and GT. perhaps with foreknowledge of the problems at hand, CTT and the guys can take corrective measures to make sure the season doesn't start out like that again.

OR, tim could just call the nip between now & then.

ct

The "Nip" has ALWAYS been called prior to our first game. Somehow, it will be again....Count on it! (I may have to take a short trip to Alaska) :D

OK WT, the local high school marching band is out on the street practicing, Surely a sign of the nips approach..... ;)

At 7:00 this morning it was 85 degrees here. But Monday the high is supposed to be 80. I'm hoping that's asign of things to come.....

:no::no::no:

No nips in New Orleans. That's for sure. Earlier this week in the early AM, kind of felt like it might be coming. Those dreams are gone for now. I started to say you could fry an egg outside, but with the humidity, I think it would boil.

:lsu:

Archived