Baseball vs #1 LSU

38 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

Does anybody know what the kerfuffle was about that had both coaches in an uproar?

Homeplate ump tossed a coach for arguing the balk call and then the home plate coach couldn't identify which coach it was.   He finally identified him and two batters later the coach was still in the dugout and Butch gave them holy hell.

• Thanks 1

Salty or Golden asked me to an NIL meeting summary.    It is 1:50 AM.    I just got back to Bham.    We had about 50 folks there.   Wesley Spruill with OTV  gave us the stats, and it is truly pitiful.   As of tonight 12 people, yes just 1 dozen folks, had written NIL checks to baseball.   The good news is those 12 checks totaled $550k.     They didn't say it tonight, but my clear understanding is Jimmy Rane's check was the bulk of the $550k.     Y'all if you love Auburn, and hate NIL, you still need to write a check.    The game has completely changed and we will either play this new game and remain competitive or will will not and we will not be competitive.   Butch referred to it as "we have lost our innocence" and he says he hates it but he says it is here to stay for now.    So pretty please with sugar on top do what you can -- $50, $500, $5,000.   Butch says we need another $650k to be competitive next year, but being the great man he is he said "whatever we get we are going to roll with it and still try to win a championship."   I wish y'all all would have been there.   Butch spoke for at least 20 minutes and he brought his A game.    Despite how poorly we are doing in NIL, he kept his chin up and only talked about the positives.    Y'all w have been to Omaha 2 of the last 3 years.      We lost 5 pitchers to the draft in 2022 and our only returning starter has only pitched 5 innings and we are still in the hunt for a postseason bid and are currently 3-2 against the #1 and #2 teams in the country.   BTW, Butch said the kid that pitched against us last night was coming to Auburn until LSU made him an NIL offer he couldn't walk away from.   I'm not above begging.   I beg all of you, go to the On to Victory website and donate to baseball.   No amount is too small.   Last fact, these kids aren't using NIL $$$ to buy Dodge Chargers.   They are suing them to pay for tuition, books and food.    Since we only get 11 scholarships for the entire team, NIL fills the gap between their partial scholarship and the $$$ it takes to simply get by.        

• Thanks 2

Tonight was an awesome night to be at the ball park!!!   When I played in the mid 80's we had a few aluminum bleachers and if 750-1,000 people showed up the house was packed.   Tonight we had 1,000 people standing in the left field parking deck and sitting behind the right field fence.   Inside I didn't see an empty seat.  I wish you could have seen the LSU bullpen come running in from the outfield to see the first ever Eagle flight at Hitchcock Field.   She flew past home and it looked like she was headed right into the netting behind home and she turned her entire body on a dime like an F-22 and hit home plate.   It was a beautiful sight.   We got done early when a great kid having a great year, Bryson Ware, fielded a routine ground ball and air mailed the throw.   That error lead to a run.  Early on our bats were awful particularly with 2 strikes.   It was as if once we got to 2 strikes we simply gave up and took call 3 or swung at a ball that never had the zone.   At one point t we had 7 straight strikeouts which may be an AU record.  It seemed nothing was going our way.    But as this team has done all year long, they stayed in the fight.   In back to back innings LSU left the bases loaded and only scored 1.    Stated differently, in back to back innings our pitching staff dug themselves a deep hole and freakin bowed their backs and pitched out of it.   LSU's 2-4 hitters are the best in the country.  Friday they were 0 for and tonight I think they were 1 for!!   As the game wore on, we finally started to have better at bats.   I think it was the 6th when Irish fouled off 5 pitches after 2 strikes.   It seems to ignite us.  Then we put a 4 spot up.   Then Bryson Ware who made the early error hit a Patriot missile over the monster.  LSU the best hitting team in the country would not go quietly.   In the 8th with 2 runner on and us up by 2, LSU's top hitter hit a rocket shot in the left center gap that looked to surely be the game tying hit and true freshman Chris Stanfield tracked it down and actually camped under its for a second.   It was thing of beauty and ended the inning.   In the ninth, Will Cannon was laboring with 60 plus pitches when with 1 out he got the number 9 hitter to hit a shallow pop up behind the plate.   Our 6th yr senior Nate Larue had the play covered but the ball popped out of his mit.    On the next pitch, Cannon hit the batter.    So Cannon had to face the top of the order again.   But he got it done and after throwing 70 pitches he got the save.    p.s. some of these facts may bear off slightly since it is now 2:30AM and this old man is usually I the bed by 8:30.   War Eagle always!!!       

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, LPTiger said:

BTW, Butch said the kid that pitched against us last night was coming to Auburn until LSU made him an NIL offer he couldn't walk away from.

That stings bad. Have no doubt we will step up. Not a big proponent of the NIL stuff but it is what is for now.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

That stings bad. Have no doubt we will step up. Not a big proponent of the NIL stuff but it is what is for now.

Nobody likes it Salty, but it is the bed we must sleep in.    Let's go get another series win.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

That game was a blast.  We turned it around after the strikeout streak.  Little bit of everything in this game 

100%.   There was a brawl in the left field standing room only section.   Coon dogs are always good for a fight.   There were times when we looked helpless at the plate and innings where we put up crooked numbers.  We saw Butch's passion for AU and his kids when he argued for a solid 5 minutes.   We saw the best pregame ritual in the world.    We saw a coach get tossed.   A bang bang attempted steal of home.   A monster home run by Ware.   A great running catch by Chris Stanfield.   A back pick at first with 2 outs.   A team pick their 6th year center fielder top after he popped up a bunt (we scored 4 runs after the pop up).    A team pick up another senior who dropped a pop up (Cannon followed it with ground ball, K to end the game).

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

7 straight auburn strikeouts … 

At least our freshmen are putting the ball in play 

Stanfield and Irish hitting 1, 2 against the number 1 team in the country...   Butch said last night that they both passed on big MLB $$$ to come to AU. 

10 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

LSU working on 3rd pitcher this inning 

They threw either 6 or 7.   Hoping we can get back into there relief staff today.

10 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Ware Yahtzee!!! Over the Monster!!!

8-5 Us Bottom 7

And it was a no-doubter.    This young man has sure improved his draft status this year.   For some reason, other than Ware's HR and their catchers HR, the ball did not carry last night.   There was very little wind, and it was in the 70s.   Cooper hit an oppo shot that didn't make the track.   The ball Stanfield tracked down in left center hung up.  Larue barreled a ball that didn't make the track.    It was a little odd.

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

100%.   There was a brawl in the left field standing room only section.   Coon dogs are always good for a fight. 

It was never a brawl. Just some drunk LSU fans that got pissed because told him to stop using the words he was using around all the families and children and we kept following every "L-S-U" chant with "SUCKS". Every other word out of his mouth was "P" this, "B" that, "f" you, and he almost got his jaw rearranged when he wouldn't shut up. Then he ran his five foot nothing butt to twitter and started making stuff up. He's been getting called out all morning. Personal favorite quote of his, "I'm LSU royalty". 🤣🤣🤣 Some people can't handle their $8 beer. 

• Haha 1

Auburn could run rule the #1 team in the nation:

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

4 of 6 against no. 1 and 3 teams.  Run rule the No. 1 team.  Great response last night and just a great game on O, D and pitching today from the jump.  Was never a game today.  Butch has really turned this team around.  Congrats to everyone involved.  Also way to go AU family for showing up this weekend.

• Like 6

What a great weekend to be a Tiger, an Auburn Tiger that is.   So happy for how this new pitching staff has come together.   Lord there were times where they were plain awful, but Butch said last night he doesn't like renting 1 year players.   He said all the casual fan sees is a bunch of walks, and he says I see a kid that I want to stay at Auburn, grow at Auburn, love Auburn, become a great player, get a degree and come back years from now. He said none of that happens as quick as he would like. We are now seeing the fruits of this staff's hard work.    Holding the number 1 team in the country to an average of less than 4 runs per game is simply outstanding.   Today was their lowest output of the YEAR!!!!   Friday was their second lowest!!!!   And after getting shoutout we score 3 TD's and kick two extra points.   We are blessed to have this man running our program.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

It was never a brawl. Just some drunk LSU fans that got pissed because told him to stop using the words he was using around all the families and children and we kept following every "L-S-U" chant with "SUCKS". Every other word out of his mouth was "P" this, "B" that, "f" you, and he almost got his jaw rearranged when he wouldn't shut up. Then he ran his five foot nothing butt to twitter and started making stuff up. He's been getting called out all morning. Personal favorite quote of his, "I'm LSU royalty". 🤣🤣🤣 Some people can't handle their $8 beer. 

Glad to hear that.   I was to the right of home plate and it looked like a dude with a white shirt and hat was fighting.    Was he the self-proclaimed "royalty."     Even that far away I saw him throw what looked to be an entire drink on the ground and it looked to have gone everywhere.   It is an awful situation when someone like that makes a good time for good families less good.   When we beat/curb stomped Missouri in Atlanta, my family and I had just sat down and three Missouri boys sat behind us and immediately starting cussing in a very foul way.   I took it for about 15 seconds and stood up, turned around and said it had to stop or there were going to be problems.   They said what are you going to do it is 3 of us and 1 of you.   5 other dads stood up immediately and said no it is all of us against just you 3.   They sat down and never said another ugly word and Tre Mason and Nick Marshall proceeded to run for 8 miles.   It was great to have Auburn men backing me up instantly.

• Like 1

ALWAYS GOOD TO WIN A SERIES AGAINST LSU. BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL DID IT THE SAME YEAR!!

Very special to beat them as a bubble team against #1 ranking. 

• Like 2

What a great series win! 

• Like 2