Baseball vs #1 LSU

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Glad to hear that.   I was to the right of home plate and it looked like a dude with a white shirt and hat was fighting.    Was he the self-proclaimed "royalty."     Even that far away I saw him throw what looked to be an entire drink on the ground and it looked to have gone everywhere.   It is an awful situation when someone like that makes a good time for good families less good.   When we beat/curb stomped Missouri in Atlanta, my family and I had just sat down and three Missouri boys sat behind us and immediately starting cussing in a very foul way.   I took it for about 15 seconds and stood up, turned around and said it had to stop or there were going to be problems.   They said what are you going to do it is 3 of us and 1 of you.   5 other dads stood up immediately and said no it is all of us against just you 3.   They sat down and never said another ugly word and Tre Mason and Nick Marshall proceeded to run for 8 miles.   It was great to have Auburn men backing me up instantly.

Funny enough, the person on Twitter trying to make claims of racial slurs ISN'T  the guy from last night. He was pretending to be to start crap. The actual kid that got kicked out came back today and apologized. He said he was way too drunk before he even got to the game and kept drinking there. 

• Like 1

What a win! We smoked ‘em bad! I’m sure there were some LSU folks there with sour grapes after that kinda whoopin’ laid on em. @LPTiger hopefully, as a result, this will follow up with some folks having a little bit looser grip on their pockets for Butch and co. War Eagle!

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Is Auburn #1 yet?

If we keep blasting titans like LSU and USCe like we have over the past couple of weeks, it won’t be too long until we’re near the top 10 or so. 

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

What a win! We smoked ‘em bad! I’m sure there were some LSU folks there with sour grapes after that kinda whoopin’ laid on em. @LPTiger hopefully, as a result, this will follow up with some folks having a little bit looser grip on their pockets for Butch and co. War Eagle!

Man I hope so.   If we had 1,000 people hear Butch's pitch last night we would be rolling in the dough.    He said all the right words.   And, most folks don't know....  Butch is the ONLY college coach to take a kid who was undrafted out of high school and have him go number 1 overall.   Butch taught him that split and it changed Casey's family's life forever.   Butch is simply that good.   He deserves our support.   As good as BP is, Butch has taken us to 2 out of the last 3 CWS with his arms tied behind his back.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

What a great weekend to be a Tiger, an Auburn Tiger that is.   So happy for how this new pitching staff has come together.   Lord there were times where they were plain awful, but Butch said last night he doesn't like renting 1 year players.   He said all the casual fan sees is a bunch of walks, and he says I see a kid that I want to stay at Auburn, grow at Auburn, love Auburn, become a great player, get a degree and come back years from now. He said none of that happens as quick as he would like. We are now seeing the fruits of this staff's hard work.    Holding the number 1 team in the country to an average of less than 4 runs per game is simply outstanding.   Today was their lowest output of the YEAR!!!!   Friday was their second lowest!!!!   And after getting shoutout we score 3 TD's and kick two extra points.   We are blessed to have this man running our program.

Perhaps this pitching staff has turned a corner. Pretty sure LSU been averaging 10 runs per game. Thank you again for the NIL update LP.

• Like 2

This team has found its way. Losing your pitching at the beginning of the season causes others to step up. And that have. 
This has been a hair pulling season. It’s nice to see the perseverance pay off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Perhaps this pitching staff has turned a corner. Pretty sure LSU been averaging 10 runs per game. Thank you again for the NIL update LP.

Just looking through the stats, this weekend we held the nation's top hitter, Dylan Crews, to 2 for 12.   Both hits were singles.   That dropped his average from an impressive .483 to an impressive .463.   Also interesting, 6 of their 9 hitters were from Louisiana, i.e. home grown.   In most of our lineups, we have only 1 player from Alabama -- Larue.

Gonna be real, I didn't know we won the series until this morning. Wowzer, Butch is da man!

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Gonna be real, I didn't know we won the series until this morning. Wowzer, Butch is da man!

WTH Went.  How do you go 24 hours without checking the AU baseball score?  I'll let Ellitor, Salty or Golden  weigh in, but I think your punishment should be a$100 donation to OTW earmarked to baseball.

• 1 month later...

I will also post this here.  Season changing play it turned out!  Incredible, and well executed by both.