NT - Rogers 

DT - Jones 

DE - Harris 

MLB - Woodyard (I hope Nixon)

WLB - Keys 

NB - Scott 

CB - James, Pritchett 

S - Zion, Simpson

Exactly as I have it....even with the Nixon note.

I could see a situation though at the LB spot where Woodyard starts at MLB and Riley at WLB and Keys places situational and rotates in at both spots....but that is all dependent upon how far Woodyard and Riley come this offseason. 

I like the idea of Jones and Rogers in at the same time. I do like Zeke's take with NMKite as the DT and I could see that as well. 

I don't remember being more torn on our front 7 in quite some time. After DB and Marlon left I expected us to suck and Wooden stepped up but we were undersized.

This group...I could see us being really really good.... I could also see a scenaro where the starters are really good and the depth is so so. Z Walker is just unproven. He has shown glimpses but not enough production or reps to know what he brings. LAwrence johnson brings a good size body w experience but I don't see him much more than a rotation piece.  I think Jones, Harris, and Rogers will all be solid along with Nassili Kite. HE has gotten some praise this spring. I just don't know how good we are behind them. 

I will add I feel like we finally have adequate size on our DL. We got some dudes!

LB group is a huge question mark and it all hinges on (assuming we don't get any more from portal) the hope of massive development from Riley, Woodyard and Steiner even. We need 2 of those 3 to make big leaps. Riley looked promising last year. I think he will be solid. Woodyard has been praised all spring. I also expect Tolan to work his way into 10-15 snaps a game. I think his speed is something the rest of the group do not possess. He was expected to start for LSU this year according to most their fans and writers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 3:21 PM, Zeek said:

Hi all, it's that time of year when I really don't do anything at work so I feel like writing and discussing things related to Auburn Football. This isn't groundbreaking but this is how I see the starting lineup looking heading into the summer.

Highlighted players are those that were added through the transfer portal this offseason.

QB - Payton Thorne

• I saw where the media has gained some traction by pushing a narrative about a quarterback competition. Sure, Robby Ashford will be given a fair chance to compete and a head start with the spring but ultimately Thorne was brought in to start. Just a glance at their college statistics will tell you all there is to know. While Thorne isn't the runner that Robby is, he also isn't the statue we've seen from guys like TJ and to a lesser extent Holden. Thorne's skillset translates really well to the RPO system.

RB - Jarquez Hunter

• Two things will determine how successful Jarquez will be in 2023. How many carries will he get and can he stay healthy? If he receives a solid number of carries and remains healthy all season then I can see him being the best running back in the SEC this season. 

Pass Catchers - Koy Moore / Ja'Varrius Johnson / Rivaldo Fairweather / Nick Mardner

• If the staff has their way then this group will likely have new faces. Jyaire Shorter and Montana Lemonious-Craig are two portal targets I expect to land and I believe would get starting reps. Guys like Jay Fair, Camden Brown, Omari Kelly, and Caleb Burton are going to be a part of the plan as well.

Left Tackle - Dillon Wade

Left Guard - Jeremiah Wright (so long as he is healthy)

Center - Avery Jones

Right Guard - Jaden Muskrat

Right Tackle - Gunner Britton

• This group is much more talented than what we have had. The question is how quickly will they gel? Also, some of them will need to get used to the RPO blocking schemes. Have some patience and I believe this group will be much improved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DE - Marcus Harris

NT - Justin Rogers

DT - Mosiah Nasili-Kite

Jack - Jalen McLeod

• The defensive line will see a rotation of guys. We will see players like Jayson Jones, Zykeivous Walker, Lawrence Johnson, and even some of the freshmen should get reps.

MLB - Austin Keys

WLB - Cam Riley

• My understanding is that the staff isn't super pleased with the linebacker position. I actually think it's now our weakest link on the team. There are still one or two transfer targets we are considering. Keys is a guy we can get by with if we find a strong counterpart. A lot of people think redshirt freshman Robert Woodyard Jr. could step up and be that guy.

LCB - Nehemiah Pritchett

NB - Keionte Scott/Donavan Kaufman

SS - Zion Puckett

FS - Jaylin Simpson

RCB - DJ James

• You might be asking why we didn't take any impact defensive backs in the portal. Well, we have added a ridiculous amount of freshmen to this position. Kayin Lee, Colton Hood, Tyler Scott, and Jacorious Hart were all added from the high school ranks. I have been outspoken about my concern with this group; Pritchett, Puckett, and Simpson haven't instilled confidence in me. However, with an improved front 7, I think we see some of these guys succeed.

K - Alex McPherson

P - Oscar Chapman

LS - Jacob Quattlebaum

Zeke that's a pretty good looking Lineup. If you get time I would be curious to see your full projected depth chart or 2 deep at least. I differ in opinion on a couple spots. The DL and LB I have Jones at DT and Woodyard and Keyes at LBs.

I differ on the WR group. I would sub Camden Brown and Mardner out. I just aint impressed with Mardner and I think Cam Brown going to make some noise this fall. ( could be wishful thinking!!). Of course in a perfect world we have Shorter and either Coleman (unlikely IMO) or MLC. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 8:24 PM, Gowebb11 said:

I believe Koy Moore could surprise some people. He was a high 4 star in high school and had a solid Freshman season at LSU. Last year he was in a complete dumpster fire of an offense with a terrible OL and QBs. It has to look better for all of our WRs with a well protected QB who is actually consistent and accurate. 

Great hands but, like most the others, is  having difficulty finding separation. Maybe it's them, maybe it's our DBs. 

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Zeke that's a pretty good looking Lineup. If you get time I would be curious to see your full projected depth chart or 2 deep at least. I differ in opinion on a couple spots. The DL and LB I have Jones at DT and Woodyard and Keyes at LBs.

I differ on the WR group. I would sub Camden Brown and Mardner out. I just aint impressed with Mardner and I think Cam Brown going to make some noise this fall. ( could be wishful thinking!!). Of course in a perfect world we have Shorter and either Coleman (unlikely IMO) or MLC. 

Fun fact, my username should be spelled as Zeke but I came up with that online username when I was 11 (way back in the day on a Dragon Ball Z forum) and have used it as my username ever since. I didn't know it should be Zeke instead of Zeek because I never actually knew anyone with that name and thought I was original lol.

Anyways, I would love to make a two-deep. It's a little difficult with the current information, some freshmen still aren't on campus, and we are still "portaling" hard. There are guys that I feel confident we will land but I don't want to throw them on a depth chart until it actually materializes.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Fun fact, my username should be spelled as Zeke but I came up with that online username when I was 11 (way back in the day on a Dragon Ball Z forum) and have used it as my username ever since. I didn't know it should be Zeke instead of Zeek because I never actually knew anyone with that name and thought I was original lol.

Anyways, I would love to make a two-deep. It's a little difficult with the current information, some freshmen still aren't on campus, and we are still "portaling" hard. There are guys that I feel confident we will land but I don't want to throw them on a depth chart until it actually materializes.

I'm interested I  seeing what Sorey does.  He's the prototypical CHF WR.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2023 at 9:24 PM, Gowebb11 said:

I believe Koy Moore could surprise some people. He was a high 4 star in high school and had a solid Freshman season at LSU. Last year he was in a complete dumpster fire of an offense with a terrible OL and QBs. It has to look better for all of our WRs with a well protected QB who is actually consistent and accurate. 

He's pretty average athletically. Had a decent freshman season at LSU but then transferred out because he got passed by a bunch of younger WR's. He's OK, nothing to really write home about.

• Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, metafour said:

He's pretty average athletically. Had a decent freshman season at LSU but then transferred out because he got passed by a bunch of younger WR's. He's OK, nothing to really write home about.

His hands are elite.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Here is what I got right now if I'm going to be gutsy and add some transfers I hope/expect to land:

QB: Payton Thorne, Robby Ashford, Holden Geriner, Hank Brown

RB: Jarquez Hunter, Brian Battie, Damari Alston, Jeremiah Cobb, Sean Jackson

Top 4 WRs: Caleb Burton, Montana Lemonious-Craig, Jyaire Shorter, Nick Mardner

Next 4 WRs: Camden Brown, Ja'Varrius Johnson, Koy Moore, Omari Kelly

TE: Rivaldo Fairweather, Luke Deal, Tyler Fromm, Micah Riley-Ducker, Brandon Frazier

LT: Dillon Wade, Izavion Miller

LG: Jeremiah Wright, Jalil Irvin

C Avery Jones, Tate Johnson

RG: Jaden Muskrat, Kameron Stutts

RT: Gunner Britton, Garner Langlo

DE: Marcus Harris, Zykeivous Walker

NT: Justin Rogers, Jayson Jones

DT: Mosiah Nasili-Kite, Lawrence Johnson

Jack: Jalen McLeod, Elijah McAlister, Keldric Faulk

MLB: Larry Nixon III, Robert Woodyard

WLB: Austin Keys, Cam Riley

CB: Nehemiah Pritchett, Kayin Lee

CB: DJ James, JD Rhym

FS: Jaylin Simpson, Caleb Wooden

SS: Zion Puckett, Marquise Gilbert

NB: Keionte Scott, Donavan Kaufman

K: Alex McPherson

P: Oscar Chapman

LS: Jacob Quattlebaum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Here is what I got right now if I'm going to be gutsy and add some transfers I hope/expect to land:

TE: Rivaldo Fairweather, Luke Deal, Tyler Fromm, Micah Riley-Ducker, Brandon Frazier

Wow,  all 4 transfer WR to be better than Camden Brown and Ja'Varrius Johnson!? Not that our WR group was great last year and we definitely need the upgrades. And having 4 better than those 2 would definitely upgrade our passing game. 

I'm curious if that's based on intel from coaches? or just expectations?  

Edited by HAPvsOA

28 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Wow,  all 4 transfer WR to be better than Camden Brown and Ja'Varrius Johnson!? Not that our WR group was great last year and we definitely need the upgrades. And having 4 better than those 2 would definitely upgrade our passing game. 

I'm curious if that's based on intel from coaches? or just expectations?  

I don't know if they're better but when a staff wants to take 3 receivers this late into the process then they're telling you something about the current standing. What actual production have we seen from Cam other than spring hype?

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Amazing what this staff has done if we get all of our targets. A damn new team.

• Love 1

I see Connor Lew did not make your 2 deep at Guard or Center is that because you think they want to Redshirt him and groom him for the future or is it because you think he needs at least a year with Strength and Conditioning as he is a little light to play in the SEC right now. I heard so many good things about him this spring. By the way I do think you are correct he is not in the 2 deep at this time but if he has gotten bigger by fall he might work his way into the 2 deep. I would prefer he Redshirts for a year so we can have him as a starter for 4 years as I think he will be that good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I see Connor Lew did not make your 2 deep at Guard or Center is that because you think they want to Redshirt him and groom him for the future or is it because you think he needs at least a year with Strength and Conditioning as he is a little light to play in the SEC right now. I heard so many good things about him this spring. By the way I do think you are correct he is not in the 2 deep at this time but if he has gotten bigger by fall he might work his way into the 2 deep. I would prefer he Redshirts for a year so we can have him as a starter for 4 years as I think he will be that good. 

We're actually getting to the point where it's going to be hard to break through at guard because we're getting more and more tackles; the guys who don't find a spot in the top 2-3 will slide inside to get our best 5 on the field. It's normal for even very talented freshmen OL to redshirt.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

Amazing either way, to me

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think he plays a good bit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Fun fact about Zeek/Zeke....when I read your fun fact about the history of your name...I was thinking to myself "What the hell is he even talking about and why is he telling me this" lol...then I realized I spelled it Zeke in my post to you haha. That was purely by mistake!

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Oh it's amazing already, but yes it will be remarkable if we finish with Nixon, Shorter, Ukwu and MLC. That would be a beast finish. 

On 5/10/2023 at 9:15 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Reports are mixed re his arm strength. His value in Freeze's O will be accuracy %, experience, wheels when things break down and bring Geriner along.

I can easily live with that. What little I’ve seen and read about Thorne, seems to suggest he’s a sponge and really learns plays quickly. I understand that RA is the current incumbent, but I will be shocked beyond measure if he wins the starting job this year. If we could get Thorne’s buddy, receiver, to follow him here, that would also change the WR room and add a stud from a big school that’s experienced. HF is not just settling and unlike his friend GM, he doesn’t seem to be loyal to anybody except those that will win for him. Hope my take is accurate. 

On 5/10/2023 at 2:21 PM, Zeek said:

Pass Catchers - Koy Moore / Ja'Varrius Johnson / Rivaldo Fairweather / Nick Mardner

Don't see Mardner as a true starter. He can't catch and is just tall, nothing else. Cam Brown will be ahead of him 

• Like 3

On 5/10/2023 at 2:37 PM, Zeek said:

SS Zion Puckett - 46.7

Yeeesh

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2023 at 10:32 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

LB group is a huge question mark and it all hinges on (assuming we don't get any more from portal) the hope of massive development from Riley, Woodyard and Steiner even. We need 2 of those 3 to make big leaps. Riley looked promising last year. I think he will be solid. Woodyard has been praised all spring. I also expect Tolan to work his way into 10-15 snaps a game. I think his speed is something the rest of the group do not possess. He was expected to start for LSU this year according to most their fans and writers

I'm probably missing something, but how is a guy expected to start at LSU come here and have to work his way into 10-15 snaps a game? Is he just not a fit for our scheme or something?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ertrader said:

I'm probably missing something, but how is a guy expected to start at LSU come here and have to work his way into 10-15 snaps a game? Is he just not a fit for our scheme or something?

I get what your saying and maybe I should have put minimum. I expect him to play a good bit. He played a lot as a Fresh at LSU and when he entered the portal a lot of there fans said they thought he would be a starter or at very least a big time contributor this season. That's all I have to go on

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I get what your saying and maybe I should have put minimum. I expect him to play a good bit. He played a lot as a Fresh at LSU and when he entered the portal a lot of there fans said they thought he would be a starter or at very least a big time contributor this season. That's all I have to go on

Gotcha he’s a guy that had a lot of buzz when he committed but then heard almost nothing about all spring. I’m just curious what was up.