Her mistake was in underestimating

People were/are angry.  They know there is a problem in our country.  Trump identified and lied to these people.  Clinton only insulted, ignored them.

I do not see any reason for giving her any credit.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

So @icanthearyou, did you not see his “town hall” supporters chuckling about sexual assault, or do you agree with them? They were quite the crowd.

I did.  It was bizarre, to say the least.  But, that doesn't make Clinton any better.

for the last several years the repubs have not won the popular vote. they have been trounced. even hillary stomped trump in the popular vote.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

People were/are angry.  They know there is a problem in our country.  Trump identified and lied to these people.  Clinton only insulted, ignored them.

I agree it was bad for her to say it out loud and she ran a poor campaign, but as TexasTiger said, I don't believe she was actually wrong. 

But this is politics. Being "Right" is sometimes the least important thing. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I did.  It was bizarre, to say the least.  But, that doesn't make Clinton any better.

My point wasn’t really about her being good was it? Or was the thumbs down just a nervous twitch?

49 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I didn’t. Read my post.

hindsight is not worth much but we allowed hill to be trashed and we allowed trash in the white house because of it. we would have had few problems if she had been president. i regret voting indie. we allowed trump to make hate popular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

guys auburn softball is on at this minute. live right now due to rain delay on the sec network. later.........lol

9 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I agree it was bad for her to say it out loud and she ran a poor campaign, but as TexasTiger said, I don't believe she was actually wrong. 

But this is politics. Being "Right" is sometimes the least important thing. 

Thanks for actually reading what you’re responding to. That’s rare these days. I rolled my eyes when she said and got angry at her. Politically moronic as was her entire campaign. But she was right then and as I said, the percentage of folks it applies to now who STILL support the guy is higher. They make that obvious every time they show up to cheer his hatefulness on or even when they express concerns on forums but still vote for him.

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

My point wasn’t really about her being good was it? Or was the thumbs down just a nervous twitch?

Please stop taking things so personally.  It was directed at the person who tweeted this partisan nonsense,,, not you.

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Please stop taking things so personally.  It was directed at the person who tweeted this partisan nonsense,,, not you.

Please stop being a troll.

IMG_6440.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

If Hillary had 10% of Bill's political savvy, she *probably* wins in 2016. The basket of deplorables comment was incredibly ill-advised, even more so when she was fighting a perception of not being very likable or relatable. 

Hers was a campaign of hubris (assuming that you've got a state like Wisconsin in the bag, for instance. She didn't set foot there after April 2016), treating winning the Presidency as a fait accompli, and it bit her in the ass.

Trump didn't win Wisconsin in 2016 because of greater Republican support...he won it because 200,000+ Obama voters stayed home. 

In a battle of unlikeable candidates, she somehow managed to outdo Trump in that regard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Please stop being a troll.

I apologize for not participating in the correct way.  I do not understand your troll comments.  Is it unacceptable to disagree with or, question you?

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

IMG_6440.jpeg

keep polishing the turd known as trump. he is angry but if he gets back in the white house i am in the chris christie camp in he will try to burn the country down. and you morons think he did nothing.

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

To be fair, those very same people had been putting her entire family thru hell for years... decades even.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I apologize for not participating in the correct way.  I do not understand your troll comments.  Is it unacceptable to disagree with or, question you?

Perfectly fine to disagree or question me. Disagree with me on a point? State it. Then I can either understand if we’re talking past each other or if we are in disagreement and, if so, better know how to intelligently respond. More often than not it’s just a vague emoji. You often illustrate your vague disapproval either through an emoji or some overly broad statement which could apply to numerous possible statements although it’s unclear how it applies to the one made. I get an occasional facepalm or eye roll with no further comment, but the extent to which you do it strikes me as trolling. In this case, for example, my point was in 2023 even more Trump supporters are more enthusiastically buying what he’s peddling than they were when she made the true, but politically stupid comment, about a portion (not all) being a basket of deplorables. I cringed when she said it then, but think it myself now every time I see folks cheer him on. That’s the point I made. Was your response to my point? You said no. Well how is one to know you’re not responding to their comments when you…respond to their comments, except you didn’t mean you were responding to what they said.

1 hour ago, SLAG-91 said:

If Hillary had 10% of Bill's political savvy, she *probably* wins in 2016. The basket of deplorables comment was incredibly ill-advised, even more so when she was fighting a perception of not being very likable or relatable. 

Hers was a campaign of hubris (assuming that you've got a state like Wisconsin in the bag, for instance. She didn't set foot there after April 2016), treating winning the Presidency as a fait accompli, and it bit her in the ass.

Trump didn't win Wisconsin in 2016 because of greater Republican support...he won it because 200,000+ Obama voters stayed home. 

In a battle of unlikeable candidates, she somehow managed to outdo Trump in that regard.

Spot on. She blew a very winnable campaign. But the fact remains, Trump was even worse than imagined and his supposedly reluctant followers love him more. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Spot on. She blew a very winnable campaign. But the fact remains, Trump was even worse than imagined and his supposedly reluctant followers love him more. 

Trump's comment on "shooting someone on the 5th Avenue and won't lose any voters" was probably the most truest thing he ever said from his mouth. He's invincible with his base. And that's why DeSantis won't be a threat to Trump in this election cycle.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He certainly has a very solid base of support that appears to be to him and him only. Cults of personality have always made me anxious, and his is no different.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Perfectly fine to disagree or question me. Disagree with me on a point? State it. Then I can either understand if we’re talking past each other or if we are in disagreement and, if so, better know how to intelligently respond. More often than not it’s just a vague emoji. You often illustrate your vague disapproval either through an emoji or some overly broad statement which could apply to numerous possible statements although it’s unclear how it applies to the one made. I get an occasional facepalm or eye roll with no further comment, but the extent to which you do it strikes me as trolling. In this case, for example, my point was in 2023 even more Trump supporters are more enthusiastically buying what he’s peddling than they were when she made the true, but politically stupid comment, about a portion (not all) being a basket of deplorables. I cringed when she said it then, but think it myself now every time I see folks cheer him on. That’s the point I made. Was your response to my point? You said no. Well how is one to know you’re not responding to their comments when you…respond to their comments, except you didn’t mean you were responding to what they said.

the sad part was she was so right on the deplorables. i mean look what we got in trump. and they are trying again and it is killing this country.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

And that is why HRC is not President. It had very little to do with $1.3M of Russian Money...She outspent trump by $500M...