Greatest 10 year era in Auburn history

Win4AU

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

The UGA one especially.  They weren't good that year and it was a dreaded 11am JP game.  If Auburn wins that game and beats Bama the next week they'd have gone on to play Florida in the SECG in a winner plays for the natty game.  Urban Meyer has never beaten Auburn. 

Arky still would've held the tiebreaker in the west. Now if a four team playoff had been in place (can you all tell I love thinking about this?), 11-1 would've very possibly gotten us in.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Arky still would've held the tiebreaker in the west. Now if a four team playoff had been in place (can you all tell I love thinking about this?), 11-1 would've very possibly gotten us in.

Maybe that’s what I was thinking.  11-1 Auburn vs 12-1 SEC champs with the one loss being Auburn.  We know that usually doesn’t go Auburn’s way though.

Here’s a fun thought….

We have had at least one really special season each decade around the same part of the decade for quite some time.  
1972, 1983, 1993, 2004, 2013…..

(2010 was thrown in there as an extra for free😁).  
Since 83 it’s been the year ending in 3 except for 2003/2004.   And many of us thought 2003 was going to be the special year.  
So if this pattern holds, we should be National Champs this year!😂😂😂

On 5/12/2023 at 4:15 PM, Win4AU said:

Silly Season content

83-93 peak Dye Era and Terry’ AUttitude, Bo Heisman, multiple SEC championships, probably the peak of the Iron Bowl.

2004-2014 2 perfect seasons, Cam Heisman, Natty, 2 undefeated seasons, 3 SEC titles, 2 national title game appearances.  

I can’t speak on the Shug years but seemed pretty up and down.

My vote is 04-14

04-14 is 11 years.  So if you had to pick a 10 year span, would you drop the 04 or 14 season?

On 5/19/2023 at 8:56 AM, 81spacetiger said:

04-14 is 11 years.  So if you had to pick a 10 year span, would you drop the 04 or 14 season?

83-93 for me....mainly because we were the 1983 National Champions and for some damn reason we won't claim it. That '83 team was the best in the country. Period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The difference in those two ten year periods is that in the 80's, people feared Auburn.  Other teams may have respected us in 04 -14, but I don't think that they feared us.  Just my opinion.  

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 11:51 AM, autigeremt said:

83-93 for me....mainly because we were the 1983 National Champions and for some damn reason we won't claim it. That '83 team was the best in the country. Period. 

same deal, 83-93 is eleven years.  So, would you drop 83 or 93?  For me, I'd keep 83 and drop 93 even though we were undefeated in 93.  83 was tough as nails, they finished higher in the polls than the 93 team.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:00 PM, im4aual said:

The difference in those two ten year periods is that in the 80's, people feared Auburn.  Other teams may have respected us in 04 -14, but I don't think that they feared us.  Just my opinion.  

The other thing is that the 04-14 had that 2012 team that we don't talk about