I three/four words of Jethro Tull, taterman was a "Bungle in the Jungle"

Edited by cctiger

19 minutes ago, cctiger said:

I three words of Jethro Tull, taterman was a "Bungle in the Jungle"

“Well that’s alright by me, yea”!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

“Well that’s alright by me, yea”!

I would say Jethro Tull, “Locomotive Breath “—-Charlie stole the handle and no way to slow down “! And tater drove the train right over the cliff. That’s the lyrics I sang to it but they might be totally different . 😝 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2023 at 4:59 PM, SuperAUsome09 said:

A stranger to failure, Harsin said he's learning to manage the disappointment of his Auburn tenure after his immense success at Boise State

image.jpeg.39571967c2af9741733fd707ab613c14.jpeg

The problem with xCBH is he could never see the difference in Boise State and Auburn University.  MAC vs SEC

Even worse, he refused to use the veteran SEC knowledge his first staff had to offer.

• Like 3

Harsin: I don’t understand why people don’t like me.

Fans: You ruined our beloved football team, duh.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, cbo said:

Harsin has the worst win percentage in the last 75 years of Auburn football. He treated players, coaches, boosters, and alumni like dirt and they all hated him in return. He was the laziest and worst recruiter in the modern era of Auburn football. He hired a pitiful coaching staff because he had no connections and no pull. The team somehow got better when he left and the team was turned over to a RB coach. He's a fake tough guy, who preaches accountability, but accepts none for himself. 

Other than that, I have no problem with him. 

Boom. 

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 8:39 PM, alexava said:

Didn’t know that i did .. I don’t visit other forums much. 

You don't see what you quoted? You can read the post right?

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2023 at 12:41 AM, cbo said:

Harsin has the worst win percentage in the last 75 years of Auburn football. He treated players, coaches, boosters, and alumni like dirt and they all hated him in return. He was the laziest and worst recruiter in the modern era of Auburn football. He hired a pitiful coaching staff because he had no connections and no pull. The team somehow got better when he left and the team was turned over to a RB coach. He's a fake tough guy, who preaches accountability, but accepts none for himself. 

Other than that, I have no problem with him. 

The fake tough guy stuff was it for me....when he did the wr coach stuff and everybody was applauding talking that alpha male stuff....there was nothing alpha about it......he was on some wanted to be treated like God which is bad enough, but he wanted it without showing anything ....but he took his shirt off, to some had a pretty wife and would run up and down some stairs so we were cool with him

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

You don't see what you quoted? You can read the post right?

Flipping back and forth between the phone and IPad while half asleep I guess. Sorry, you are correct. That made no sense at all. Totally unrelated discussion. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

The fake tough guy stuff was it for me....when he did the wr coach stuff and everybody was applauding talking that alpha male stuff....there was nothing alpha about it......he was on some wanted to be treated like God which is bad enough, but he wanted it without showing anything ....but he took his shirt off, to some had a pretty wife and would run up and down some stairs so we were cool with him

The idea that Harsin would earn respect by running bleachers and lifting weights was embarrassing. Shouldn't he be coaching instead? I bet the players saw right through it immediately. 

All his tough guy talk and firing the WR coach four games in. It showed desperation and insecurity. The opposite of what we was trying to project. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

everyone keeps calling him tater but i believe terry bowden got that nicname first? he was also called tater tot as well.

12 hours ago, cbo said:

The idea that Harsin would earn respect by running bleachers and lifting weights was embarrassing. Shouldn't he be coaching instead? I bet the players saw right through it immediately. 

All his tough guy talk and firing the WR coach four games in. It showed desperation and insecurity. The opposite of what we was trying to project. 

I had a guy get hired into a position of leadership at my work years ago that was totally in over his ski’s. He used a lot bravado, confusion, and turmoil to cover his tracks. It worked for a while until he almost got several of us seriously injured/killed. 

Dude ended up demoted and shipped off somewhere else. He never escaped his problems. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

everyone keeps calling him tater but i believe terry bowden got that nicname first? he was also called tater tot as well.

He was “buster brown “ to me. 😝 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

He was “buster brown “ to me. 😝 

i was told he could actually sing. did you ever get to hear him? he hung out in the bars or "A" bar and sang quite often.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i was told he could actually sing. did you ever get to hear him? he hung out in the bars or "A" bar and sang quite often.

I was there in 81-83

On 5/29/2023 at 9:02 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

I had a guy get hired into a position of leadership at my work years ago that was totally in over his ski’s. He used a lot bravado, confusion, and turmoil to cover his tracks. It worked for a while until he almost got several of us seriously injured/killed. 

Dude ended up demoted and shipped off somewhere else. He never escaped his problems. 

You see this a lot. The most insecure are often the loudest. 

The funny thing is if these people would just shut up and listen, they might hang around long enough to learn the job. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 10:05 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Because AU was throwing a dumptruck full of money at him.  

Harsin is a bad recruiter and horrible people person, but it's ultimately AU's fault for hiring someone who was so unqualified and unready to manage a big time college football program, not really Harsin's fault for accepting a promotion and big raise in salary. 

It was of course his fault for the lack of effort he put into the job....but i feel like AU may have been able to sus that out about Harsin if they did a more thorough review of him before hiring. 

I put bad hiring decisions on the President and/or Athletic Director. In the Hars case it was on a fellow named Greene. 

1 hour ago, cbo said:

You see this a lot. The most insecure are often the loudest. 

The funny thing is if these people would just shut up and listen, they might hang around long enough to learn the job. 

I said that 1000 times about this particular situation. He was sitting in a perfect spot to listen and learn. His ego just couldn’t allow it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I said that 1000 times about this particular situation. He was sitting in a perfect spot to listen and learn. His ego just couldn’t allow it.

I'm not surprised and I'm sure you were right. 

Why doesn't everyone in the world listen to me or you? Sad, really. For them.

• Love 1