Harsin opens up on Auburn exit

tigers23

Amazing to look back on his tenure here and reflect on how things went so amazingly wrong. I was at the Miss St game where it all fell apart in that second half. It was a steady down hill slide from that point on. A blip of hope came from almost beating bama that season but the blip was quickly washed away by losing both coordinators after his first season and then signing 0 players in Feb. Thats right he signed 0 players in Feb on a team that sorely needed to reload. Then the investigation happened and in Auburns own unique way our administration made things actually worse and he was a dead man walking from that point on. I fully believe he quit after the investigation happened. He did not want to be here after that (don't blame him there), set his sights on that buyout money and then did as much damage as possible on his way out which shows what kind of person he really is (i do have hard feelings here). 

We'll see if he ever has any success outside of Boise State. Not likely in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

A blip of hope came from almost beating bama that season but the blip was quickly washed away by losing both coordinators after his first season and then signing 0 players in Feb. Thats right he signed 0 players in Feb on a team that sorely needed to reload.

For this reason, among others, he should have been fired for cause. If I recall correctly, don’t believe any other SEC team has never signed a player on signing day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, alexava said:

our administration is incompetent. 

I believe this was about to occur again with us supposedly trying to get Kiffin. Luckily , this did not occur.

• Like 7

I wouldn’t even have posted this.  All it does is continue to give Harsin a toxic platform at Auburn.  I didn’t read it, but I can only imagine what he said.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I wouldn’t even have posted this.  All it does is continue to give Harsin a toxic platform at Auburn.  I didn’t read it, but I can only imagine what he said.  

It's his pitch to try and get a job. If he honestly wants me to believe he received immediate interest from other programs right after his firing (stated in the article), then I'm going to ask him which community college was it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did anyone notice in the longer article he said "Kess and I got in the car and drove through Mississippi, Louisiana..."    Is he directionally challenged?   Is he lying?   Was he simply looking for a way to make a 30 hour drive to Boise even longer? 

5 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

We should have not crossed the line when it comes to Harsin's family. However, why didn't Harsin do his due diligence before accepting the job? IMO it supports many people's opinion that he didn't give 2 ISH about AU and was in over his head.

Because AU was throwing a dumptruck full of money at him.  

Harsin is a bad recruiter and horrible people person, but it's ultimately AU's fault for hiring someone who was so unqualified and unready to manage a big time college football program, not really Harsin's fault for accepting a promotion and big raise in salary. 

It was of course his fault for the lack of effort he put into the job....but i feel like AU may have been able to sus that out about Harsin if they did a more thorough review of him before hiring. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Did anyone notice in the longer article he said "Kess and I got in the car and drove through Mississippi, Louisiana..."    Is he directionally challenged?   Is he lying?   Was he simply looking for a way to make a 30 hour drive to Boise even longer? 

He's just a effing moron, to be quite honest.  He probably doesn't even know how to use a GPS

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Because AU was throwing a dumptruck full of money at him.  

Harsin is a bad recruiter and horrible people person, but it's ultimately AU's fault for hiring someone who was so unqualified and unready to manage a big time college football program, not really Harsin's fault for accepting a promotion and big raise in salary. 

It was of course his fault for the lack of effort he put into the job....but i feel like AU may have been able to sus that out about Harsin if they did a more thorough review of him before hiring. 

And that's my issue. No we shouldn't have hired him but nothing we could do about that. However, was hired to perform a job and he didn't even do the essentials required. It's a bad hire on our part but I think it is more detrimental to Harsin than AU. He was given the keys to a Power 5 program and used every excuse not to do what he was hired to do. This is even before we mistreated him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Yeah, that’s more than enough reason to drum up some bs that could destroy his family. We screwed ourselves by hiring him and by hiring Greene. He is a victim. He’s just a wealthy victim because our administration is incompetent. 

I don't understand why you took a quote off another forum and put it on here. I don't know what you are trying to link or say

20 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I'm assuming this is the Chris Low article?  I read it earlier.  Kind of article that comes out when a coach is looking for a new job.  "Hey don't forget about me!"  Harsin may end up a head coach at a G5 program again but he will never coach a major program again. 

Which begs the question as to whether Harsin paid for this to be written??? 

2 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Which begs the question as to whether Harsin paid for this to be written??? 

Well he is a millionaire, so why does this matter?

Just now, DAG said:

Well he is a millionaire, so why does this matter?

Why does anything in this thread matter?? 
My point is he can afford to pay for a dump on Auburn… I’m the victim article to be written on his behalf 

7 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Why does anything in this thread matter?? 
My point is he can afford to pay for a dump on Auburn… I’m the victim article to be written on his behalf 

Exactly lol. What is that going to change , whether he paid for it or not? It is out there. 

Edited by DAG

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly lol. What is that going to change , whether he paid for it or not? It is out there. 

I’m not worried or interested about its impact. I’m just more curious about the journalism integrity 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

This thread has become a big ol’ therapy session. Let it out, guys. This is a safe space. We hear you.

You're right. It's good to get it ALL out. lol. I just hate that the subject has to be revisited. Harsin gets to tell his side...fine. But as a "journalist" why not follow up with some of his claims. I'm sure it wouldn't have been hard to get unnamed quotes from former coaches, players and recruits on their dealings with Harsin. But I guess once again asking someone to perform their job well is asking too much. Harsin just needs to enjoy his free money and everyone can move on. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I’m not worried or interested about its impact. I’m just more curious about the journalism integrity 

That is fair. I honestly was just being nosey as to why it piqued your interest. I imagine he did pay him, otherwise that is a lot of wasted time by the author. 

• Like 1

I would like to see CBH get another coaching gig, then have Auburn sign up a deal to play CBH's new team.  We should have a better team after year 1 under CHF so we should be able to see how CBH's team fairs against a better stocked and coached Auburn team. 

But you never know, CBH might still out scheme us... but he would see how superior talent recovers after the first play.

22 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

I would like to see CBH get another coaching gig, then have Auburn sign up a deal to play CBH's new team.  We should have a better team after year 1 under CHF so we should be able to see how CBH's team fairs against a better stocked and coached Auburn team. 

But you never know, CBH might still out scheme us... but he would see how superior talent recovers after the first play.

That would only potentially hurt auburn. Very much a no win. It would be the same if we scheduled UCF. The best way to hirt someone irrelevant is to give them no relevancy . Of course , our beat writers chased after low hanging fruit and naturally we followed.

Harsin is unemployed. Retired to hunt and fish and shoot and lift. There is no other story.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Crazy, irresponsible and unfounded gossip and rumors about extramarital affairs

Says who?

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't understand why you took a quote off another forum and put it on here. I don't know what you are trying to link or say

Didn’t know that i did .. I don’t visit other forums much.