Starting receivers

LPTiger

A couple of receivers have been told they will start.   One is a really tall one that some have said can't catch.    You can't always believe everything you read.    One position is still being hotly contested.   The good, no really great, news is we finally have 6-7 who can really play. 

• Like 5

Love to be wrong, but I don't see Mardner being as good as Cam (pls get healthy)/Shorter/Hooks.  We'll see how the season turns out and how everyone is used.  

We'll have better ball distribution and passing efficiency than we've had since 2017

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I'd start the season like this.

Mardner

Fair 

Shorter

Fairweather 

Sounds very fair!

• Haha 2

Hooks not being an immediate starter would be a massive disappointment 

Edited by W.E.D
edited
  • Like 2

Just like QB, we went to the portal and got starters. Just like we did with OL before the spring (and after)

We didn't take a a QB. 3 WEs, and an extra upper class OL after spring just to fill out our depth charts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Why?

Sorry.  **not being**

one small word, big difference lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Seems about right.  I think Koy Moore has been hurt a lot, but the main name I'm kinda surprised isnt' on the list

My info is Jay and Nick will start.   Shane and Omari are neck and neck.   Fairweather will start as well.  WED said it well above, To a very large extent it doesn't matter, all of them are going to get reps and opportunities to prove themselves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Hooks not being an immediate starter would be a massive disappointment 

I honeslty don't think that will be the case. I think Hooks starts. I think if Mardner starts at all he will be phased out slowly by others. Just having options period will be nice. 

I expect Hooks, R. FW and Jay Fair to be the first 3 guys split out game 1. I know RFW is a technically a TE but u get it

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LPTiger said:

A couple of receivers have been told they will start.   One is a really tall one that some have said can't catch.    You can't always believe everything you read.    One position is still being hotly contested.   The good, no really great, news is we finally have 6-7 who can really play. 

caoch chewed some serious ass with the receivers for loafing and missed assignments. i like this. kids supposed to run 12 yards and they run ten and we do not get a first down. i also read on the rant one receiver has been named a starter who is really tall and supposedly cannot catch which should tell folks including myself not to believe everything we hear or read. i also heard the compitition is furious between a couple of receivers as well. this excites me as they seem to want it bad which is good for us.

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

My info is Jay and Nick will start.   Shane and Omari are neck and neck.   Fairweather will start as well.  WED said it well above, To a very large extent it doesn't matter, all of them are going to get reps and opportunities to prove themselves.

i should have read the whole thread before making my comments.......lol. i guess jay is the really tall guy i heard about.

23 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Not. We don't need him against UM.

No, but more gane time with Thorne the better

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i should have read the whole thread before making my comments.......lol. i guess jay is the really tall guy i heard about.

Fifty/68 "jay" is Jay Fair.   He is 5'10" and listed at 180 but looked closer to 200.   He is a beast.   He is from Texas.   Nick Mardner is the tall guy that some have said can't catch.   He is the first guy CMD reached out to and snagged.   CMD previously coached him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Hooks Fair Shorter?

Kelly has been playing well too 

I like those 3 you mentioned though 

Has Mardner improved that much or is he just holding that spot until Cam, Shane, or Shortner can take it from him? Boy, I’ll tell you, I don’t know sh*t. I would have put Mardner in the third string last spring. Now the kid is a starter lock, all of a sudden? 

• Like 1