Cox's durability?

PowerI

What worries me the most about this upcoming season is whether or not Brandon can stay healthy the whole season. One thing is his size. He has good height but 202lbs is not enough weight for a 6'2 quarterback. I know we are suppose to have a lot of good linemen, but all it takes is one hit.

And if he does go down, we're left with two backups that have no experience and have not gotten rave reviews from the coaching staff. Hopefully, everything will work out and I'm just living up pessimistic eeyore side.

Don't worry. If it happens, there isn't anything anyone can do about it except do the best we can with what is left. If Cox gets hurt early in the season, we will be fine....not great... but fine....maybe 7-4 even.

"What if" is a game best won buy NOT playing. Look for good things-expect good things. :)

What worries me the most about this upcoming season is whether or not Brandon can stay healthy the whole season.  One thing is his size.  He has good height but 202lbs is not enough weight for a 6'2 quarterback.  I know we are suppose to have a lot of good linemen, but all it takes is one hit.

And if he does go down, we're left with two backups that have no experience and have not gotten rave reviews from the coaching staff.  Hopefully, everything will work out and I'm just living up pessimistic eeyore side.

175923[/snapback]

Are you one of Finebaum's Auburn fans? :P

Team: Starting QB, ht/wt

AU: Brian Cox, 6-2/202

uat: Brodie Croyle, 6-3/205

Arky: Robert Johnson, 6-2/212

UF: Chris Leak, 6-0/210

UGA: DJ Shockley, 6-1/206

UK: Andre Woodson, 6-5/230

LSU: JM Russell, 6-5/248

OM: Michael Spurlock, 5-11/200

MSU: Omarr Conner, 6-0/215

USC: Blake Mitchell, 6-3/194

UT: Eric Ainge, 6-6, 212

Vandy: Jay Cutler, 6-4/228

When comparing our Cox to the others, just keep telling yourself this: size doesn't matter. It's all about technique. :big:

Team:  Starting QB, ht/wt

AU:  Brian Cox, 6-2/202

uat:  Brodie Croyle, 6-3/205

Arky: Robert Johnson, 6-2/212

UF:  Chris Leak, 6-0/210

UGA:  DJ Shockley, 6-1/206

UK:  Andre Woodson, 6-5/230

LSU:  JM Russell, 6-5/248

OM:  Michael Spurlock, 5-11/200

MSU:  Omarr Conner, 6-0/215

USC:  Blake Mitchell, 6-3/194

UT:  Eric Ainge, 6-6, 212

Vandy:  Jay Cutler, 6-4/228

When comparing our Cox to the others, just keep telling yourself this:  size doesn't matter.  It's all about technique.   :big:

175973[/snapback]

I'd rather have a 6-2/202 Brian Cox than a 6-6/212 Eric Ainge.....thats just lanky

If your going to be 6-5 or higher, you atleast need to be 225-230.....Hell JR is 6-5/248 and he still looks kinda slender.

What worries me the most about this upcoming season is whether or not Brandon can stay healthy the whole season.  One thing is his size.  He has good height but 202lbs is not enough weight for a 6'2 quarterback.  I know we are suppose to have a lot of good linemen, but all it takes is one hit.

And if he does go down, we're left with two backups that have no experience and have not gotten rave reviews from the coaching staff.  Hopefully, everything will work out and I'm just living up pessimistic eeyore side.

175923[/snapback]

Gosh PI what if Borges gains more weight and has a heart attack and can't coach the remainder of the season or ever again? Take control of your negative thoughts or they will take control of you reducing your ability to maximize your enjoyment of the season. What ever bad happens AU will deal with it.

WAR EAGLE!!!

During fan day I understand Cox was saying he was up to 212. Brodie and Leak are the best in the league this year, when healthy. Not in Jason's class but very good. I think on another team Brodie would be better. Still, I would be more concerned about UAT's situation than anybody in the league. I am looking forward to our depth and talent next year at QB. Just getting better. Cox should have a better career than Brodie, who has been a big dissapointment. Similar to others who have wasted their careers at UAT.

Archived