Dieon finally shows up

AURex

On 9/2/2023 at 10:59 PM, LPTiger said:

Agree.    Didn't TCU throw 3 interceptions inside Colorado's 10 yard line?

Yeah, but one of those INTs wasn't the traditional "throwing a pick"... Travis Hunter made one of the best plays you'll see this year. That's truly "forcing" the turnover. Prime has been a major part of his development. H/t to Hunter (first and foremost) and Prime because that guy is crazy good. Absolutely a WR1, but he's much better at CB.

14 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Yeah, but one of those INTs wasn't the traditional "throwing a pick"... Travis Hunter made one of the best plays you'll see this year. That's truly "forcing" the turnover. Prime has been a major part of his development. H/t to Hunter (first and foremost) and Prime because that guy is crazy good. Absolutely a WR1, but he's much better at CB.

And, Hunter has the stamina of a race horse.   How he played that many snaps in that heat is truly unreal.  Some people are a next level above the next level see e.g. Bo and Deion.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Trashed Nebraska. Rhules off to a very tough start.

Nebraska fans already regretting not getting Sanders. The days of building with lower tier guys are over. You have to amass talent and quickly to make an imprint. There is no reason why Nebraska got walk ons and such a bad transfer QB starting on offense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Nebraska fans already regretting not getting Sanders. The days of building with lower tier guys are over. You have to amass talent and quickly to make an imprint. There is no reason why Nebraska got walk ons and such a bad transfer QB starting on offense.

And Rhule got a HUGE deal

Edited by CR
  • Sad 1

i do not get the hate for deion. i watched the game today and afterwards he was god blessing everyone.people like to bring up the bad and forget the other side. people seem to like it when ol lane pops off something on twitter but it would appear deion does not get the same treatment. right now i like what we have and i am thrilled we are recruiting again and beating the big boys for some five stars. but sanders had been named coach i would fully support him as well unleashed ran the wheels off like that slimy hars did. and i think we dodged a bullet with lane. i could be wrong but that is how i feel at the moment. deion could implode and lane could start beating everyone but until he gets a better running game he is just an ok coach to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i do not get the hate for deion. i watched the game today and afterwards he was god blessing everyone.people like to bring up the bad and forget the other side. people seem to like it when ol lane pops off something on twitter but it would appear deion does not get the same treatment. right now i like what we have and i am thrilled we are recruiting again and beating the big boys for some five stars. but sanders had been named coach i would fully support him as well unleashed ran the wheels off like that slimy hars did. and i think we dodged a bullet with lane. i could be wrong but that is how i feel at the moment. deion could implode and lane could start beating everyone but until he gets a better running game he is just an ok coach to me.

damn i am senile. i am not stoned yet................shakes my head. trying to watch the game and message is just too much for me.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Sanders is going to continue to hurt NU more so where they've been hurting the past decade plus, and that's recruiting the state of Texas

• Like 1

Imo College football plays to all of Deions strengths 1) build a winning culture and mindset through energy and pedigree 2) fan and booster excitement  -> $ 3) attract top coordinators and staff  4)  National media = national spotlight  for players. 5) add all that and his persona , and recruiting will explode - even at Colorado which has a poor historical recruiting footprint.

He doesn’t have to be an X’s and Os guy (his weakness)- he’ll delegate to the coordinators. He’ll get you the elite jimmy and Joes. If a program can look past his ego - there’s never been anything like him.  Ps depth and line size isn’t going to happen in a year. He’ll have to take his lumps against usc, ect.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Imo College football plays to all of Deions strengths 1) build a winning culture and mindset through energy and pedigree 2) fan and booster excitement  -> $ 3) attract top coordinators and staff  4)  National media = national spotlight  for players. 5) add all that and his persona , and recruiting will explode - even at Colorado which has a poor historical recruiting footprint.

He doesn’t have to be an X’s and Os guy (his weakness)- he’ll delegate to the coordinators. He’ll get you the elite jimmy and Joes. If a program can look past his ego - there’s never been anything like him.  Ps depth and line size isn’t going to happen in a year. He’ll have to take his lumps against usc, ect.

I would argue it’s harder to be an CEO coach vs x & os 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would argue it’s harder to be an CEO coach vs x & os 

My instincts are youre statistically right. But there are managing CEO types , and then there are the once a generation Steve Jobs persona types - who transcend the position. Ps the x’s and o’s guys often quickly go stale - ie Gus and jimbo

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

My instincts are youre statistically right. But there are managing CEO types , and then there are the once a generation Steve Jobs persona types - who transcend the position. Ps the x’s and o’s guys often quickly go stale - ie Gus and jimbo

You can add Napier to that list too unless he starts changing up 

• Like 2